A special request to all Windows Phones users.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
1. If you love or like this platform stop complaining and use the platform as is.

2. Use official apps over third party apps more frequent.

3. Don't be cheap support your favorite apps and games developers no matter what the cost.

4, Support your favorite OEM:s.

In the second quarter, Microsoft's smartphone shipments dropped to 7.4 million units from 8.2 million in the same period of 2013. At the same time, the Windows Phone global market share fell from 3.4% to to 2.5%.

Is MSFT is to blame for this decrease or would you blame the Windows Phone community?

Your thoughts?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Numbers..Numbers...Numbers
Don't matter to me! OS is rock solid and MS is doing good job. I hope people don't start crying over numbers again😃
Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
For apps MS should pay the developers to update and improve their official apps, we ate working hard to send feedbacks and write reviews

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There weren't any new and compelling devices to get. For instance, all AT&T got was the 635, which is too low end for many customers including myself.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Remember the hype when 1020 was released? Microsoft or some other OEM needs to do something outrageous like that again. The app situation is also a huge factor and I don't really know how Microsoft could fix that anytime soon, maybe they can pay companies to develop official apps for windows phone, but that's not really a good idea.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
In the second quarter, Microsoft's smartphone shipments dropped to 7.4 million units from 8.2 million in the same period of 2013. At the same time, the Windows Phone global market share fell from 3.4% to to 2.5%.

Is MSFT is to blame for this decrease or would you blame the Windows Phone community?

Your thoughts?

Which community?
On-line
Developers
Power users
Business users
Generic consumers
Vehement fans of the platform

I'll take the blame for using and being mostly quiet.
My take is:
Oh shoot this doesn't work now ... Grrrrrrr ... oh well a chocolate doughnut with coffee sounds good about now.
Or:
Golly when did this start working? ... I haven't checked this in months and forgot to uninstall it.

1. If you love or like this platform stop complaining and use the platform as is.
I already am here mostly, yet I like to complain ... however I get tired of others complaining.
My complaints matter so I don't listen to the complaints of others.

Okay I will

3. Don't be cheap support your favorite apps and games developers no matter what the cost.
No problem ... I love in-app nickel and diming :smile:

Right on!
Which one?

This could be like a phone pledge of allegiance...

tejanaqkilica

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Well I don't know about international market share, but here where I live (Albania) which is a country filled with duchebags, people are obsessed with iPhone, and Samsung s4/s5, they don't buy a phone for what it can do, but buy it from what is cost is, anyway, things are changing a bit, as I find more and more people (often students) who use a Windows phone, Lumia 520 it's a popular one, and also the *10 series, and they just use them for phone calls, social networks, messaging, and Instagram (yes, it's a thing here) of course even if they use a phone that can do many things, only my friends that user a Lumia have it with 8.1 OS, (I updated their phones) the other ones just complain about the platform lack of retrica, camwow, and candy crush, also the lack of games like asphalt 8, subway surfers, temple run, piano tiles, and others... Yeah I know they are available, but searching the store once in a while doesn't kill anyone. And the most irritating thing about people disliking windows phone, is their ignorance of not speaking English, or, Albanian, it's just a very complicating phone, I mean yeah, I once meet someone who opened internet explorer, searched for Google and then for Facebook, so please, if you want windows phone OS, a nice, beautiful, and simple OS to grow, get rid of ignorant people around the globe.
P.S I have no idea what I've wroted

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Which community?
On-line
Developers
Power users
Business users
Generic consumers
Vehement fans of the platform

I'll take the blame for using and being mostly quiet.
My take is:
Oh shoot this doesn't work now ... Grrrrrrr ... oh well a chocolate doughnut with coffee sounds good about now.
Or:
Golly when did this start working? ... I haven't checked this in months and forgot to uninstall it.

I already am here mostly, yet I like to complain ... however I get tired of others complaining.
My complaints matter so I don't listen to the complaints of others.

Okay I will

No problem ... I love in-app nickel and diming :smile:

Right on!
Which one?

This could be like a phone pledge of allegiance...

Excellent response. But please take no offense on my next questions.

These questions is for all not just you MSFT users.

With all honesty when was your last Windows Phones or Windows 8.1 device purchase?

Also ask yourself this. I'm I riding the wave on MSFT products?

And lastly how ancient are my devices?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Excellent response. But please take no offense on my next questions.

These questions is for all not just you MSFT users.

With all honesty when was your last Windows Phones or Windows 8.1 device purchase?

Also ask yourself this. I'm I riding the wave on MSFT products?

And lastly how ancient are my devices?

For many of us in the US, we upgrade every two years, due to contacts.

My contract ended in April, but AT&T doesn't have anything for me to get. The only new device is the 635, which would be a downgrade from the 920. (I don't want the 1520, due to its size.)

I'm ready for something new and willing to spend the money if there is something I can buy.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
For many of us in the US, we upgrade every two years, due to contacts.

My contract ended in April, but AT&T doesn't have anything for me to get. The only new device is the 635, which would be a downgrade from the 920. (I don't want the 1520, due to its size.)

I'm ready for something new and willing to spend the money if there is something I can buy.

Excellent. But my point is this Laura.

All my friends with Android and iPhone devices swarm the stores when a new device is announced.

Been here at WP for a year haven't seen any swarm for any WP devices. NL930, HTC One 8, NL 1520.

I haven't seen anyone swarm the stores in a year time. 90% of Droids and iPhone users upgrade when a flagship is announced.

Not so for Windows Phone users.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Your thoughts?

So you think that it is our fault that WP is doing poorly?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Excellent. But my point is this Laura.

All my friends with Android and iPhone devices swarm the stores when a new device is announced.

Been here at WP for a year haven't seen any swarm for any WP devices. NL930, HTC One 8, NL 1520.

I haven't seen anyone swarm the stores in a year time. 90% of Droids and iPhone users upgrade when a flagship is announced.

Not so for Windows Phone users.

The 930 and HTC One M8 aren't available for my carrier. I don't and won't ever change carriers just for a certain device. It's not my fault there aren't any flagship models for me to buy.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone is a really solid OS.

One way in which they might be able to increase market share is if they start allowing people with high end Android devices to flash Windows Phone, because even many Android users find Windows Phone very aesthetically pleasing.

I personally would love to try Windows Phone 8.1 on my Nexus 5.

janil17

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I really like Windows Phone.. several family members use them, too, and really like the operating system. It has the best designed UI -- and I'm saying this as someone that has been a Mac user since the Macintosh Plus. i've been using Windows Phone since I picked up a Samsung Focus in December 2010.

I don't, however, see the need to stay with it if there are not decent devices for my carrier (T-Mobile). Nor do I see a reason to take a pledge to support it.. Microsoft is just a company, after all, and not a religion or government. I need a phone in the next month, and I currently can choose either the Lumia 630 or the Lumia 521. Not a great selection, is it?

The 830 release is coming up, and it looks like there is a 50% chance it will meet my needs -- quad core processor, 720p or greater screen, and 32 gigs of storage or 16 + microsd (I'm only worried about the last item). I hope so.

I'm glad you like Windows Phone, and hope you get the chance to try out other types of devices, too. It can be interesting to learn about technology.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
90% of Droids and iPhone users upgrade when a flagship is announced.
What's your source for this statistic? What you're saying is that 90% of iPhone users have an iPhone 5S or 5C and will upgrade to the 6 when released probably later this year. The other 10% have iPhone 5 or below. And Droid? You mean the Motorola Droid or are you talking about Android?

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I admit the OS has plenty of work to do. But, Yes the community is also at fault. My 2 cents.

Wow that's a first. I'm not sure what else you would like us to do. Its MS's job to make compelling products for us to fawn over and they didn't do jack this year. Literally we are the only ones supporting the platform. What exactly should we be doing? Handing out informational packets on the side walk?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb