A special request to all Windows Phones users.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
You don't understand my point.Yes android as an Os may lag.Though things are different now but apps and games are much better in quality. I don't care about quantity but i care about quality..Try to compare top games and apps on both android and WP, you will see the difference..I have both android(Moto g) and windows phone( Lumia 520) so i know..WP as an OS is more stable and fast but apps totally sucks on it..

Yes some apps work better in Android, but that's because some good developers pay attention to Android & not windows. For example gameloft has many games in windows & the same in Android, but that's not the case with electronic arts, you have EA games, but most of them are very old, paid etc, so its definitely not windows phones fault! Unless some good app & game developers don't target windows, the quantity & quality won't improve, but still you have some good quality apps in windows.

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes some apps work better in Android, but that's because some good developers pay attention to Android & not windows. For example gameloft has many games in windows & the same in Android, but that's not the case with electronic arts, you have EA games, but most of them are very old, paid etc, so its definitely not windows phones fault! Unless some good app & game developers don't target windows, the quantity & quality won't improve, but still you have some good quality apps in windows.
Ya that's the thing...Developers should pay more attention to WP..Its correct market share is low but if the platform doesn't have the apps people wont shift and if they shift ultimately will again return after some days when they find out some apps are either half baked or not present..If apps are there(I meant both quality and quantity) no one could stop Windows phone to become no 1..

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I admit the OS has plenty of work to do. But, Yes the community is also at fault. My 2 cents.

Re K0de,
Wow, I think this string of comments has gone off the topic.

I thank you for your OP (code for Original Post) even though I don't agree with all of it. I can see your good intentions. You obviously think that Windows Phone is something special, you appreciate what you see and like me, see huge potential.

You offered us suggestions in your "special request", I think, in the spirit of "helping". The responses were to argue and nit pick each of your points. You hung in there for a while and now haven't responded, since many many other comments by others. I don't blame you. You offer suggestions for us, right or wrong, to help to improve the situation and it looks like everyone is an expert on the topic, but no one wants to do anything themselves, other than opine. Yes, I am giving my opinion too. I think you are saying, that if someone appreciates something, they should take positive action to support it. Where are the other good ideas, that we can do? (Besides, informing Microsoft, and my idea many many comments ago.)

Best Wishes.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
also the same applications of android that are for free in windows phone have to pay, examples are cut the ropes which is for free for android and for windows phone we have to pay by those apps, and microsoft do not control that are making fooled to us as final customers

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
also the same applications of android that are for free in windows phone have to pay, examples are cut the ropes which is for free for android and for windows phone we have to pay by those apps, and microsoft do not control that are making fooled to us as final customers

Fooled? Really? It's for the developer to decide what he wants to do, not MS.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh boy! Where to start!

1. If you love or like this platform stop complaining and use the platform as is.

First off, loving a platform doesn't mean accepting it as it is. This isn't the love you have for a child, it's a product. It can be made better and we have the right to voice this.

2. Use official apps over third party apps more frequent.

If the official apps are subpar compared to third party, then third party wins. Instragram and Vine are good examples.

3. Don't be cheap support your favorite apps and games developers no matter what the cost.

Two things here: first, you ask us not to use third party apps. Second, as far as I know, no one here is cheap towards developers. I don't even see how this can be possible. If you download an app, either it's free, ad-supported or you eventually have to buy it.

4, Support your favorite OEM:s.

Again that's sort of a no brainer. But that being said, not everyone know what their favourite OEM is.

In the second quarter, Microsoft's smartphone shipments dropped to 7.4 million units from 8.2 million in the same period of 2013. At the same time, the Windows Phone global market share fell from 3.4% to to 2.5%.

Is MSFT is to blame for this decrease or would you blame the Windows Phone community?

Your thoughts?

MSFT is partly to blame. I won't get into everything because this could be long but big companies that refuse to make apps are also to blame. I feel like Microsoft has the money to entice companies to get on board but maybe I'm wrong. The Xbox Music mess also hurt them with the bad publicity it makes them.

Last edited:

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
1. If you love or like this platform stop complaining and use the platform as is.

3. Don't be cheap support your favorite apps and games developers no matter what the cost.

In the second quarter, Microsoft's smartphone shipments dropped to 7.4 million units from 8.2 million in the same period of 2013. At the same time, the Windows Phone global market share fell from 3.4% to to 2.5%.

Is MSFT is to blame for this decrease or would you blame the Windows Phone community?

Your thoughts?
The community already owns windows phones ...should we buy more to keep MS happy. Maybe two of each Lumia Ativ and those other brands I don't care about

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Oh no no no, we must not do that. Valid criticisms is the key to making the platform better.

However, it would be helpful to stop nitpicking every tiny detail. I think Zack hit the nail on the head with his thread, Microsoft vs Everything Ever. Microsoft, despite its breadth of money and resources, can't simultaneously compete against every single product from every single company. It does get tiresome watching people argue about how Microsoft needs to immediately incorporate features from Sony, Google, Apple, LG, HTC, McDonalds and Fisher Price. And it all needs to be done in a month. Some patience would go a long way.

Naw. I'd rather put pressure on companies to bump their official app to the quality of the third party one. The only way to do that is to show companies that there is an audience for their app, then they will invest more time/money for their official app.

Lol, I guess as long as the cost remained reasonable.

OEMs need to be just as loyal to us as we are to them.

Your thoughts?

My beliefs are that Microsoft didn't have any compelling devices and the 8.1 update took too long. I could see why users would want a more feature rich OS when compared to WP8.0

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the Nokia acquisition and the Ballmer handoff to Nadella kept Microsoft too busy to worry about their mobile products and services. I can understand, but I sure as sh*t don't like it. But I guess it's better late than never. The new products and updates appear to be starting to roll in.

Sent from my P6095 using Tapatalk

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Well I don't know about international market share, but here where I live (Albania) which is a country filled with duchebags, people are obsessed with iPhone, and Samsung s4/s5, they don't buy a phone for what it can do, but buy it from what is cost is, anyway, things are changing a bit, as I find more and more people (often students) who use a Windows phone, Lumia 520 it's a popular one, and also the *10 series, and they just use them for phone calls, social networks, messaging, and Instagram (yes, it's a thing here) of course even if they use a phone that can do many things, only my friends that user a Lumia have it with 8.1 OS, (I updated their phones) the other ones just complain about the platform lack of retrica, camwow, and candy crush, also the lack of games like asphalt 8, subway surfers, temple run, piano tiles, and others... Yeah I know they are available, but searching the store once in a while doesn't kill anyone. And the most irritating thing about people disliking windows phone, is their ignorance of not speaking English, or, Albanian, it's just a very complicating phone, I mean yeah, I once meet someone who opened internet explorer, searched for Google and then for Facebook, so please, if you want windows phone OS, a nice, beautiful, and simple OS to grow, get rid of ignorant people around the globe.
P.S I have no idea what I've wroted

So they're douchebags for liking another platform??

Edit: @Kevin Rush: Thanks, I didn't notice IE didn't correct me..

Last edited:

Jean Fraser

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I love my phone its a nokia lumia720I just wish I could save my contacts to the sim card, I do not understand some of the lingo about the phones or computers. I would love to know if anyone can help me with the sim issue

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I love my phone its a nokia lumia720I just wish I could save my contacts to the sim card, I do not understand some of the lingo about the phones or computers. I would love to know if anyone can help me with the sim issue

Saving to the sim card is pretty redundant nowadays. You can only save so many contacts on a sim and if you lose your phone with sim then that's your contacts gone. WP lets you save it to your account so if you ever lose your phone or upgrade with a different sim card, then the contacts will come back as soon as you log back in to your Windows account. This makes things a lot easier.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
There weren't any new and compelling devices to get. For instance, all AT&T got was the 635, which is too low end for many customers including myself.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

This x100000

I contend the majority of Windows Phone users in fact do all you listed. But it hasn't helped has it? Never blame the community. It is not the job of the community to save a platform when the company who owns it sucks at managing it. Face it: Microsoft has blundered it up like it did the Windows 8 launch. In fact I would contend MS management was mostly to blame for this but by the time they actually got around to correcting those issues (Getting rid of Sinofsky and Ballmer) it was too late. I think their strategy is going to work (Focusing on services and continue to reinforce its strength areas) and eventually Windows Phone will show some growth once MS starts consolidating its operating systems into one thing. But who knows how long that will take and if WP will live that long.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Then why does windows dominate the of market?

Well that is a multi-faceted situation. Microsoft in their deal with IBM was allowed basically to control the future of DSOS which was MS-DOS so as IBM PC clones came to market and you needed an OS you could get MS-DOS which was a clone of QDOS. Microsoft was positioned well with the release of the IBM PC to offer many services to the platform. As the PC market grew because of the sheer number of options so did the sales of Microsoft products on the MS-DOS platform.

With the release of Windows 3.0 the market was just ready for a easy to use GUI interface. Coupled along with MS Office Windows 3.0 managed to dominate the enterprise markets. 3.11 and MS dumping OS/2 basically sealed the deal on that front. With Windows 95 MS directly targeted consumers with their advertising and was able with people being familiar with their systems from work in addition to the fact that computers were becoming much more affordable the popularity soared during the 90's.

By the mid 90's you were able to get a PC for just $300 (With special deals with the ISP's which with the internet taking off also helped sales) It was very much a matter of being able to serve a large volume market rapidly and affordably to which there was very little competition. PC's really took off and not other platform really was able to compete in the late 80's and early 90's. Apple Computer existed but not on the same scale as it is now and now its entire business is almost driven from their iOS line profits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs