09-29-2014 06:14 PM
98 123 ...
tools
    1. If you love or like this platform stop complaining and use the platform as is.

2. Use official apps over third party apps more frequent.

3. Don't be cheap support your favorite apps and games developers no matter what the cost.

4, Support your favorite OEM:s.

In the second quarter, Microsoft's smartphone shipments dropped to 7.4 million units from 8.2 million in the same period of 2013. At the same time, the Windows Phone global market share fell from 3.4% to to 2.5%.

Is MSFT is to blame for this decrease or would you blame the Windows Phone community?

Your thoughts?
    08-25-2014 04:49 PM
    Microsoft
    SergyOrtiz, maktaba and mrf430 like this.
    08-25-2014 04:54 PM
    Microsoft, bad strategies, no ads
    08-25-2014 04:58 PM
    Numbers..Numbers...Numbers
    Don't matter to me! OS is rock solid and MS is doing good job. I hope people don't start crying over numbers again😃
    Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk
    k0de and Kevin Rush like this.
    08-25-2014 04:59 PM
    For apps MS should pay the developers to update and improve their official apps, we ate working hard to send feedbacks and write reviews
    k0de, maktaba, Kevin Rush and 3 others like this.
    08-25-2014 04:59 PM
    For the OS, we must complain so that we can build better OS with no bugs
    k0de, colinkiama, maktaba and 7 others like this.
    08-25-2014 05:00 PM
    There weren't any new and compelling devices to get. For instance, all AT&T got was the 635, which is too low end for many customers including myself.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    08-25-2014 05:01 PM
    Remember the hype when 1020 was released? Microsoft or some other OEM needs to do something outrageous like that again. The app situation is also a huge factor and I don't really know how Microsoft could fix that anytime soon, maybe they can pay companies to develop official apps for windows phone, but that's not really a good idea.
    wpn00b likes this.
    08-25-2014 05:13 PM
    In the second quarter, Microsoft's smartphone shipments dropped to 7.4 million units from 8.2 million in the same period of 2013. At the same time, the Windows Phone global market share fell from 3.4% to to 2.5%.

Is MSFT is to blame for this decrease or would you blame the Windows Phone community?

Your thoughts?
    Which community?
    On-line
    Developers
    Power users
    Business users
    Generic consumers
    Vehement fans of the platform

I'll take the blame for using and being mostly quiet.
    My take is:
    Oh shoot this doesn't work now ... Grrrrrrr ... oh well a chocolate doughnut with coffee sounds good about now.
    Or:
    Golly when did this start working? ... I haven't checked this in months and forgot to uninstall it.

1. If you love or like this platform stop complaining and use the platform as is.
    I already am here mostly, yet I like to complain ... however I get tired of others complaining.
    My complaints matter so I don't listen to the complaints of others.

Okay I will

3. Don't be cheap support your favorite apps and games developers no matter what the cost.
    No problem ... I love in-app nickel and diming

Right on!
    Which one?

This could be like a phone pledge of allegiance...
    k0de, hs k, Fluffy Balls and 1 others like this.
    08-25-2014 05:38 PM
    Well I don't know about international market share, but here where I live (Albania) which is a country filled with duchebags, people are obsessed with iPhone, and Samsung s4/s5, they don't buy a phone for what it can do, but buy it from what is cost is, anyway, things are changing a bit, as I find more and more people (often students) who use a Windows phone, Lumia 520 it's a popular one, and also the *10 series, and they just use them for phone calls, social networks, messaging, and Instagram (yes, it's a thing here) of course even if they use a phone that can do many things, only my friends that user a Lumia have it with 8.1 OS, (I updated their phones) the other ones just complain about the platform lack of retrica, camwow, and candy crush, also the lack of games like asphalt 8, subway surfers, temple run, piano tiles, and others... Yeah I know they are available, but searching the store once in a while doesn't kill anyone. And the most irritating thing about people disliking windows phone, is their ignorance of not speaking English, or, Albanian, it's just a very complicating phone, I mean yeah, I once meet someone who opened internet explorer, searched for Google and then for Facebook, so please, if you want windows phone OS, a nice, beautiful, and simple OS to grow, get rid of ignorant people around the globe.
    P.S I have no idea what I've wroted
    08-25-2014 05:44 PM
    Which community?
    On-line
    Developers
    Power users
    Business users
    Generic consumers

My take is:
    Oh shoot this doesn't work now ... Grrrrrrr ... oh well a chocolate doughnut with coffee sounds good about now.
    Or:
    Golly when did this start working? ... I haven't checked this in months and forgot to uninstall it.

I already am here mostly, yet I like to complain ... however I get tired of others complaining.

Okay I will

Right on!
    Which one?

Excellent response. But please take no offense on my next questions.

These questions is for all not just you MSFT users.

With all honesty when was your last Windows Phones or Windows 8.1 device purchase?

Also ask yourself this. I'm I riding the wave on MSFT products?

And lastly how ancient are my devices?
    Last edited by k0de; 08-25-2014 at 06:03 PM.
    08-25-2014 05:50 PM
    Excellent response. But please take no offense on my next questions.

These questions is for all not just you MSFT users.

With all honesty when was your last Windows Phones or Windows 8.1 device purchase?

Also ask yourself this. I'm I riding the wave on MSFT products?

And lastly how ancient are my devices?

For many of us in the US, we upgrade every two years, due to contacts.

My contract ended in April, but AT&T doesn't have anything for me to get. The only new device is the 635, which would be a downgrade from the 920. (I don't want the 1520, due to its size.)

I'm ready for something new and willing to spend the money if there is something I can buy.
    k0de, Ian Too, Kevin Rush and 4 others like this.
    08-25-2014 06:01 PM
    For many of us in the US, we upgrade every two years, due to contacts.

My contract ended in April, but AT&T doesn't have anything for me to get. The only new device is the 635, which would be a downgrade from the 920. (I don't want the 1520, due to its size.)

I'm ready for something new and willing to spend the money if there is something I can buy.
    Excellent. But my point is this Laura.

All my friends with Android and iPhone devices swarm the stores when a new device is announced.

Been here at WP for a year haven't seen any swarm for any WP devices. NL930, HTC One 8, NL 1520.

I haven't seen anyone swarm the stores in a year time. 90% of Droids and iPhone users upgrade when a flagship is announced.

Not so for Windows Phone users.
    08-25-2014 06:05 PM

Your thoughts?
    So you think that it is our fault that WP is doing poorly?
    k0de likes this.
    08-25-2014 06:09 PM
    Excellent. But my point is this Laura.

All my friends with Android and iPhone devices swarm the stores when a new device is announced.

Been here at WP for a year haven't seen any swarm for any WP devices. NL930, HTC One 8, NL 1520.

I haven't seen anyone swarm the stores in a year time. 90% of Droids and iPhone users upgrade when a flagship is announced.

Not so for Windows Phone users.

The 930 and HTC One M8 aren't available for my carrier. I don't and won't ever change carriers just for a certain device. It's not my fault there aren't any flagship models for me to buy.
    Guytronic, mark233, tgp and 2 others like this.
    08-25-2014 06:17 PM
    So you think that it is our fault that WP is doing poorly?
    I admit the OS has plenty of work to do. But, Yes the community is also at fault. My 2 cents.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    08-25-2014 06:19 PM
    Windows Phone is a really solid OS.

One way in which they might be able to increase market share is if they start allowing people with high end Android devices to flash Windows Phone, because even many Android users find Windows Phone very aesthetically pleasing.

I personally would love to try Windows Phone 8.1 on my Nexus 5.
    Laura Knotek and Kevin Rush like this.
    08-25-2014 06:40 PM
    I really like Windows Phone.. several family members use them, too, and really like the operating system. It has the best designed UI -- and I'm saying this as someone that has been a Mac user since the Macintosh Plus. i've been using Windows Phone since I picked up a Samsung Focus in December 2010.

I don't, however, see the need to stay with it if there are not decent devices for my carrier (T-Mobile). Nor do I see a reason to take a pledge to support it.. Microsoft is just a company, after all, and not a religion or government. I need a phone in the next month, and I currently can choose either the Lumia 630 or the Lumia 521. Not a great selection, is it?

The 830 release is coming up, and it looks like there is a 50% chance it will meet my needs -- quad core processor, 720p or greater screen, and 32 gigs of storage or 16 + microsd (I'm only worried about the last item). I hope so.

I'm glad you like Windows Phone, and hope you get the chance to try out other types of devices, too. It can be interesting to learn about technology.
    twint7787 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-25-2014 07:33 PM
    90% of Droids and iPhone users upgrade when a flagship is announced.
    What's your source for this statistic? What you're saying is that 90% of iPhone users have an iPhone 5S or 5C and will upgrade to the 6 when released probably later this year. The other 10% have iPhone 5 or below. And Droid? You mean the Motorola Droid or are you talking about Android?
    08-25-2014 07:45 PM
    I admit the OS has plenty of work to do. But, Yes the community is also at fault. My 2 cents.
    Wow that's a first. I'm not sure what else you would like us to do. Its MS's job to make compelling products for us to fawn over and they didn't do jack this year. Literally we are the only ones supporting the platform. What exactly should we be doing? Handing out informational packets on the side walk?
    theefman and myfyp2 like this.
    08-25-2014 08:31 PM
    But, Yes the community is also at fault.
    I don't agree. We are free to choose whatever device we want. It's Microsoft's fault, if anybody's, for not providing a product that we can't resist. Nobody should have to use what they feel is a compromise.

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    08-25-2014 08:45 PM

Your thoughts?
    My thougts?
    1: No complaines, no reason for improvement. ( a real complain is something else than whining about it and should be taken seriously )
    2 a: pt 2 is in conflict with pt 3
    2 b: pt 2 is in conflict with a yel from MS.....we need developers developers developers
    2 c: if a app is a better build than the original you do your self short.
    3 a: see pt 2a
    3 b: That means probably ( most surtain ) the instand death of a good platform.
    3 c: When i buy a app, i want to use it whenever i want, and dont want to be confronted that a app is redrawn from the store and there is no way to install or retrieve it.
    4 a: hm like huawai? or HTC with there briljant suport of a surten phone ( 8S) witch is no longer suported.
    4 b: You mean the big corporation that leaves 18000 families out in the cold while there managers making more in a month than most people in a year, o yea they surtain need our suport........or was it our money.

So, those where my thougts

Here is a little extra.
    Be realistic, its a phone os, just like any other, dont hype it up to a religion, whe already have Apple and there late S Jobs for that.
    What MS needs is a person just like that, i didn knew him in person but his enthusiasm for his or there products is something you cant deny.
    Elop seems to go where the money is, dont blame him but if you believe in your product or compagnie you dont sell them out.

They laughting there asses of, aspecialy at the end of the month.
    Making lots of money over the backs of a hard working underpaid labourforce.
    I bought this Noki because i needed a phone, it came in cheap and bought it cheap.
    Just like the one before.
    Besides the point that i wanted something differand.
    When your money is gone, and your phone is lying outhere to dry were is there suport to you or any other user.
    They dont care if you "at the club" for 1 or ten years.
    Or do you realy think that they will give you one for free because you suported the os so many years........think again.
    but i now the answer.............its starting with a N

The biggest suport is the suport of the users for the users, just like developers/desingers and betatesters
    The oems building the phones, MS building the OS, but we the users and developers make it work.

They are doing a great job to serve the lowbudget market.
    But almost no one knows about it, hell i even see more advertizing about my vacuumcleaner than about MS.

Remember the day's of the release of Windows 95?????????????????
    That was advertizing.
    Almost everyone now the frase "where do you want to go today", that was 20 years ago and people stil know it.
    Look at computer and laptops.................mostley MS operating system.
    But phones, if people ask and i say i have a windows phone....the most answers starts with....a what???????
    Strangely enouth i like that answer, means that i am not one of the many, not a follower and certainly not influenced by commerce.

I have warm feelings about this OS,
    but when persons can buy a compete basketballteam and doing big and chearfull on the internet and on the other hand sending others away for a wellfarecheck i realy gets mixed feelings.
    I know, there are more compagnies but not all there formar workers/founders reaches the state of richest man on earth ( twice ) or that managers buying complete teams and stil saying that buzniss is going bad.
    I dont buy that story.

Suport for developers, great idea.
    But the love must come two ways.
    There are a lot of bright young minds out there who doesnt even getting a chanche because the lack of funds.
    They cant afford a pc/laptop or a testphone or even a internetconnection and dont forget a dev account to test multiple apps.
    Apple/Droid same story.
    That developers idea is needed to be reviewed, this entire concept sucks.
    Ms must going to invest in there developers, not scaring them away.
    When someone has a briljant idea then there must be a possibilty to contact one of MS agents.
    And if its good enough they should provide and guid him/her in his/her needs,
    there are lots and lots of old phones and pc's, let them use it ( perhappes borrowing it for a while ).
    And having a briljant idea doesnt mean he/she can or build it by him/here self, somebody else can build it.
    The most ideas are comming from people who doesnt even know how a app looks on the inside.
    Do you realy think al those who working on windows or windowsphone are codetypers....
    Comming to that
    How many books are written about appsdesigning? and how many about WP apps?
    I mean real books, the old fashion ones on paper, the ones in the libraries.
    School education, there are even Steve Jobs schools.....okey not realy healthy for there social skills but still.
    There is a lot to learn and a long way to go.
    And it starts with trust and believes.

I believe WP is going to die.
    Not in that manner, but in the manner of evolving.
    Wp and Windows itself are growing closer and closer.
    The phones are starting to look like small tablets and so is the os.
    The kernell is partial the same and the future wp is more and more suporting larger screens.
    So its a small, cheaper and logic next step to build one operating system for all devices.
    .........Surface phones if you wish..........
    Apps are written multiplatform, but for how long?
    They are speaking of smaller tablets , 7" with regulair windows 8.1
    Next step, smaller tablet, windows 8.1 and with a celphone opt.
    And the surfacephone is born.

One market, one OS, one design platform.
    Easyer to develop, easyer to maintain and less costs.
    a old mans wet dream................( Not mine, i am not old;-) )
    Last edited by SSgt Bruskowiz; 08-25-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    08-25-2014 08:45 PM
    Which community?
    On-line
    Developers
    Power users
    Business users
    Generic consumers

My take is:
    Or:

Okay I will

Right on!
    Which one?

I have a feeling kode is going to be medieval on someone later on in this thread.

Ok, look more phones. Androids going well with Moto in the lower range. Now xiomi, is going to be another Pita. Especially in India. I'm constantly surrounded by Motos, Sammys and Htc.

Getting an average processor (mid-high)+1gb ram+****ty ffc (no matter how ****ty) would be a killer at the price of a 520 unsubsidized (around 150$) would be a killer.

Plus advertisements. I see Sammy this, Moto that, HTC Yolo, Sony swag no Microsoft class. It's ridiculous, but not even billboards can be seen.

Even a 50$ phones got a ****ton of cases but I have to scour the earth for a case for my 720.

The point being, advertisements and the price matters in countries along with good accessories matter in countries where carriers don't subsidize the phones.
    Guytronic likes this.
    08-26-2014 02:37 PM
    It is hard to get people from other platforms that are invested in that ecosystem and use to apps that have additional abilities that windows phone is late to the game with or still cannot yet do.

Unleash the APIs MS!
    08-26-2014 10:50 PM
    I blame MS. MS is too greedy. It wants everything! Just give up source code and give it to OEM like samsung, sony, lg, htc etc. Freedom always wins. Restriction is not answer.
    08-26-2014 11:23 PM
98 123 ...