09-05-2014 08:21 PM
185 ... 45678
tools
    Mostly Gmail users are the victims of selling data. Obviously any thing of google that u paid won't get any ads that's the strategy adopted by everyone. Operating system is not a problem google services are a problem.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-01-2014 03:25 AM
    And let's face it , completely ignoring google services isn't an option for most of us ( youtube in my case )
    There are many great 3rd party YouTube apps! Like onetube mytube and metrotube
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-01-2014 03:45 AM
    Mostly Gmail users are the victims of selling data. Obviously any thing of google that u paid won't get any ads that's the strategy adopted by everyone. Operating system is not a problem google services are a problem.
    1409561672001.jpg
    Visa Declined and colinkiama like this.
    09-01-2014 03:54 AM
    This...is hopeless.
    09-01-2014 04:11 AM
    I just hope that we'll be able to download PC apps and games and that Google will stop being so cowardly about WP, it's obvious they're afraid, why would they copy if they weren't? That second thing probably won't happen, but these are my wishes.
    09-01-2014 04:16 AM
    I just hope that we'll be able to download PC apps and games and that Google will stop being so cowardly about WP, it's obvious they're afraid, why would they copy if they weren't? That second thing probably won't happen, but these are my wishes.
    Google is cowardly about WP. What an odd statement.

They're a services company. Their aim is to make money. They want to ensure they can. If WP doesn't offer the right ability to do this, then they won't make services for it. Simple.

This thread has gone right off topic and turned into a haters and defenders argument about Google. What the OP didn't want.

Rational discussion about this topic seems impossible.
    09-01-2014 04:21 AM
    YouTube does not display excessive ads, Google Docs may not be as good as Office however are still good for getting small jobs done. If you don't like Google Docs you can use Microsoft's services on Android/iPhone.

The iPhone example is completely irrelevant here, but I'll explain why I meant by using another site.

Your friends have capped 3G plans, that means they have use their precious mobile data judiciously, yet they steam music on YouTube.

Do you have any idea how much more data it takes to stream music via YouTube especially if you are on a capped plan, and then your friends have the nerve to complain about a few seconds of ads, yet watch FULL SIZE 3 MINUTES OF HD MUSIC VIDEOS.

Your friends must be really intelligent.

Moving on to Google selling data, it doesn't, do more of your research and then hate on Google. I'll provide proof that Google doesn't sell our data:

Google Privacy: 5 Things the Tech Giant Does With Your Data

But if you don't want to go through that hassle, here's what you *NEED* to read from that article:

Attachment 79324

Lastly to counter the argument you gave DMC, if you pay for a product and still receive advertisements, that is unacceptable.

Thus your argument here is flawed because Windows and YouTube are totally different, Google doesn't give ads in Android or Chromebook OS because you paid for it.

But as far as specific services go, such as YouTube, advertisements are necessary because I don't see any of you paying for YouTube.
    ^^ yeah right thanks for misinformation,your points have already been proved wrong multiple times,im not gonna spell it out for you anymore if you still dont get the point
    09-01-2014 05:06 AM
    ^^ you facepalmed yourself not me i guess
    09-01-2014 05:09 AM
    Google is cowardly about WP. What an odd statement.

They're a services company. Their aim is to make money. They want to ensure they can. If WP doesn't offer the right ability to do this, then they won't make services for it. Simple.

This thread has gone right off topic and turned into a haters and defenders argument about Google. What the OP didn't want.

Rational discussion about this topic seems impossible.
    i agree with you except that google is scared of WP,why else dont wp users get to use googles services properly while ios users can
    09-01-2014 05:09 AM
    forget this discussion, N_Laure is right,this isnt going anywhere ,people defending google for no reason
    googles strategies have already been booed before by many tech sites and consumers,im not gonna sit out explaining my point 10 times
    each to their own preference
    09-01-2014 05:12 AM
    i agree with you except that google is scared of WP,why else dont wp users get to use googles services properly while ios users can
    I wrote a post a page back or so explaining my position.

Google has no reason to be afraid of WP, why should they? They make money a certain way. My guess is that WP doesn't allow them to do this which is why the services don't exist on WP. I think it has nothing to do with wanting to put the services on the phone and more to do with their business model that MS doesn't like.
    Karthik Naik and D M C like this.
    09-01-2014 05:19 AM
    ^^ yeah right thanks for misinformation,your points have already been proved wrong multiple times,im not gonna spell it out for you anymore if you still dont get the point
    You have been unable till now to backup your statements with any proof from credible sources, all your replies have come directly from your personal ideas and opinions.

You haven't been able to prove me wrong, despite all the flawed examples and crazy theories you have given.

forget this discussion, N_Laure is right,this isnt going anywhere ,people defending google for no reason
    googles strategies have already been booed before by many tech sites and consumers,im not gonna sit out explaining my point 10 times
    each to their own preference
    You don't have to explain your points again and again because they are flawed, you need to research on those points and provide proof from credible sources.

We aren't mindlessly defending Google, you are mindlessly hating it.

I wrote a post a page back or so explaining my position.

Google has no reason to be afraid of WP, why should they? They make money a certain way. My guess is that WP doesn't allow them to do this which is why the services don't exist on WP. I think it has nothing to do with wanting to put the services on the phone and more to do with their business model that MS doesn't like.
    We'll Google has been very rude to Microsoft in the past, to Apple as well. Google isn't scared really but it has a pretty huge problem sharing it's services with other operating systems, iOS is lucky to have received Google services.

Google should port over their services to Windows Phone however judging from this post not a whole lot of people like Google or Google services, they are more than happy with the 3rd party alternatives, so why bother?

Whenever someone asked me whether to buy a Windows Phone, I told them yes(depending on their preferences) but whenever they asked me stuff like, does it have YouTube, Feedly, Google Maps, Chrome, Google+, Gmail, etc.

I would always have to tell them about the hundreds of clients and workarounds, which annoys a lot of people. But clearly on this forum, barely anyone cares about "official" apps, especially from Google.
    Visa Declined likes this.
    09-01-2014 06:34 AM
    You have been unable till now to backup your statements with any proof from credible sources, all your replies have come directly from your personal ideas and opinions.

You haven't been able to prove me wrong, despite all the flawed examples and crazy theories you have given.

You don't have to explain your points again and again because they are flawed, you need to research on those points and provide proof from credible sources.

We'll Google has been very rude to Microsoft in the past, to Apple as well. Google isn't scared really but it has a pretty huge problem sharing it's services with other operating systems, iOS is lucky to have received Google services.

Google should port over their services to Windows Phone however judging from this post not a whole lot of people like Google or Google services, they are more than happy with the 3rd party alternatives, so why bother?

Whenever someone asked me whether to buy a Windows Phone, I told them yes(depending on their preferences) but whenever they asked me stuff like, does it have YouTube, Feedly, Google Maps, Chrome, Google+, Gmail, etc.

I would always have to tell them about the hundreds of clients and workarounds, which annoys a lot of people. But clearly on this forum, barely anyone cares about "official" apps, especially from Google.
    I don't think they realise that people who just want to buy a smartphone might want official apps. We are used to relying on third party apps but 97.2% of smartphone users aren't. We need google more than anything. Forget about scroogled and their monopoly. Think about how our marketshare could rise if there were official google apps in our platform. Let's try and solve this problem once and for all!
    D M C likes this.
    09-01-2014 06:50 AM
    They've all been rude to each other. That's the nature of business. Your enemy is my friend kind of thing. Sleeping with the enemy, etc. Whatever term of phrase you wish to use.

Google would be dumb not to have their services on iOS and Apple would be dumb not to have Google apps on their platform.

Choice is important. To me having those services would be a good thing for the OS. Regardless how people feel about them. Also, there isn't 3rd party for all things Google.

I care about official apps because it has meaning. Something a lot on here miss. Nothing against 3rd party but it's an image issue in relation to the OS and WP. I think WP needs the official apps, including Google services.

We may never know what the real issue behind this whole thing between Google and MS. Is it a grudge? Is it WP privacy settings? Is it the contract they have to sign with MS? Is it something entirely different? We don't really know. No one has told us.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 09-01-2014 at 08:05 AM.
    colinkiama, D M C and Karthik Naik like this.
    09-01-2014 06:57 AM
    nope, google sucks, i dont want their service to be in windows phone, and steal my data secretly. and i dont want OneDrive get hacked (like how bull**** apple iCloud get hacked, and lots of celebrities boobs get pop up on the google search)
    09-01-2014 08:45 AM
    nope, google sucks, i dont want their service to be in windows phone, and steal my data secretly. and i dont want OneDrive get hacked (like how bull**** apple iCloud get hacked, and lots of celebrities boobs get pop up on the google search)
    Talk about misconceptions.

1. They don't 'secretly' steal your data. You have to agree to the terms and conditions. If you don't like it don't use it. Simple. The choice is yours.

2. All cloud services are subject to being hacked. If you don't like that idea don't use them and don't put your nudie pictures on there if that is your worry.

3. Likelihood of your data getting hacked without being a celebrity, politician or some other important person - less than 1%
    09-01-2014 08:50 AM
    I think much of the community's negativity towards Google would disappear if Google brought their services to WP.

There was always some dislike for Google here, but I think that has increased tenfold since people realized that Google's apathy towards WP has little to do with "not having enough market share to be worthwhile" and is more strategic in nature and very deliberate. For some that has made the dispute a little bit personal.

If Google stretched out an open hand, I'm positive most of the WP community would take it in an instant. That, and because 50 million users isn't peanuts, is why Google should bother.

On the other hand, Android is an awesome data collection platform for Google. IOS is nowhere near as good, even with all of Google's services being available, and considering MS has many services that directly compete with Google's, WP would be even worse. Anything that slows WP's growth is good for Android and Google. That is what Google is justifiably trying to do. That is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Google has certainly setup models that help them determine how much market share WP must own before not offering their services hurts themselves more than it hurts WP. Google would be stupid to offer their services before WP reaches that mark.

As others have said, it's nothing personal. It's business. It's why I'd say that, despite wanting them, Google shouldn't port their services over, or at least not yet.

It's also why I'd say that the OP's notion of us being able to influence this dispute is quite ridiculous..
    09-01-2014 09:44 AM
    Just a side note....

It's predicted that we'll hit 1.75 Billion smartphone users this year. If WP stays current (just for the sake of numbers) at ~50 million then that means it's only a ~3% share.

My guess, and only a guess, is that Google would probably want minimum 10% or more before they'd consider making apps.
    09-01-2014 10:08 AM

because we dont need google when there are much better alternatives than googles own official apps on say ios
    im not a google hater,they are subpar to Nokia/Ms in alot of ways except youtube and google search
    you missed my earlier points by alot so im not gonna explain for the 11th time
    09-01-2014 11:21 AM
    I think much of the community's negativity towards Google would disappear if Google brought their services to WP.

There was always some dislike for Google here, but I think that has increased tenfold since people realized that Google's apathy towards WP has little to do with "not having enough market share to be worthwhile" and is more strategic in nature and very deliberate. For some that has made the dispute a little bit personal.

If Google stretched out an open hand, I'm positive most of the WP community would take it in an instant. That, and because 50 million users isn't peanuts, is why Google should bother.

On the other hand, Android is an awesome data collection platform for Google. IOS is nowhere near as good, even with all of Google's services being available, and considering MS has many services that directly compete with Google's, WP would be even worse. Anything that slows WP's growth is good for Android and Google. That is what Google is justifiably trying to do. That is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Google has certainly setup models that help them determine how much market share WP must own before not offering their services hurts themselves more than it hurts WP. Google would be stupid to offer their services before WP reaches that mark.

As others have said, it's nothing personal. It's business. It's why I'd say that, despite wanting them, Google shouldn't port their services over, or at least not yet.

It's also why I'd say that the OP's notion of us being able to influence this dispute is quite ridiculous..
    ^^my thoughts exactly
    i personally dont like googles apps and prefer microsoft though but im aware people do prefer it
    i feel people should give both a shot instead of just google
    microsoft and nokia have taken alot of efforts to give a fantastic cross platform experience
    i take a photo on my lumias and its there on my ipad within seconds(onedrive)
    syncing your contacts etc is much faster and easier on my windows phones as well and even works well with my nexus 5,Z10,ipads etc(outlook contacts etc as compared to gmail)
    prasath1234 likes this.
    09-01-2014 11:26 AM

It's very interesting so see a moderator actually contribute to the discussion, instead of simply shutting it down.

I do agree with you, mostly.

because we dont need google when there are much better alternatives than googles own official apps on say ios
    im not a google hater,they are subpar to Nokia/Ms in alot of ways except youtube and google search
    you missed my earlier points by alot so im not gonna explain for the 11th time
    Not to be biased or anything but Google hands down has better and much more services than Microsoft and Apple.

You can't find good replacements for Gmail, Google+, Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Search(and Google Now), Google Goggles, Google Chrome, and YouTube.

Microsoft has some pretty good services however some of them, such as Skype are worthy of being called "subpar" especially on their own platform(Windows Phone).

I've asked you countless times to point out subpar applications by Google but you fail to point out any.
    09-01-2014 12:02 PM
    Nope. Pretty much all of your comments are biased in Google's favour. Which of course is fair enough and I, (and don't think anyone else) should have a problem with.
    I do wonder sometimes why you spend so much time on the Windows Phone forums though?
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-01-2014 12:13 PM
    Nope. Pretty much all of your comments are biased in Google's favour. Which of course is fair enough and I, (and don't think anyone else) should have a problem with.
    I do wonder sometimes why you spend so much time on the Windows Phone forums though?
    I have openly criticized Google for issues, like the YouTube app on Windows Phone.

With that being said, just because I defend Google, instead of mindlessly hating it, doesn't mean I shouldn't be on the Windows Phone Central forums.

I am not biased, I try to destroy myths that people have, I quote reliable sources and so on...you can call me biased or whatever but I would suggest you try to counter my arguments instead of attacking me.
    09-01-2014 12:42 PM
    Did you actually read my comment through properly?
    I said I and others shouldn't have a problem with people preferring Google over Microsoft, I never 'attacked' you, never said you 'shouldn't be on these forums'
    Jeez lighten up, thou do protest too much.
    09-01-2014 01:47 PM
    Are we regressing to the dark ages now? Thunder no be weather! It mean the gods are angry!!
    09-01-2014 04:19 PM
185 ... 45678