09-05-2014 08:21 PM
185 ... 5678
tools
    We need google but they don't need us. Buyers want google apps but we don't have them. It will never end unless microsoft does something about this.
    09-01-2014 04:27 PM
    But what should they do, that's what we are discussing. Stop turning this into a mobile os war.
    09-01-2014 04:31 PM
    We need google but they don't need us. Buyers want google apps but we don't have them. It will never end unless microsoft does something about this.
    do you guys think the marketplace is the main reason people dont like it? Most people dont think about yhrm because we aren't big enough, im happy the windows commercials are out now haha. For some reason the word "Nokia" is a HUGE turn off to some people....
    09-01-2014 04:36 PM
    For some reason the word "Nokia" is a HUGE turn off to some people....
    Hmmm, I feel the opposite. I believe that a lot of users who use WP have it because it's on a Nokia device. Ask the average user what OS they have, and they'll probably say Nokia, or Samsung, or even iPhone (not technically the OS).
    09-01-2014 05:33 PM
    they havent tried microsoft services,they should give both a fair shot
    frankly microsoft has always worked better for me
    i know there are people who prefer google but they should try microsoft as well
    09-01-2014 09:47 PM
    I'll just say a few things in the end, because I got a refraction due to my earlier post.

I'm not trying to undermine Microsoft or it's services, I am simply trying to say that Windows Phone needs Google services, primarily because Bing does not provide the same level of global coverage that Google does.

Having used a Windows Phone for over eight months, there was no good navigation application for Pakistan(HERE and Bing didn't support it either).

Not to mention the fact that Micrsoft applications and services have a negative reputation all over the world, from Internet Explorer to Bing and so on.

You could have the argument about Microsoft vs Google services all day long, however you can't deny that most people prefer Google over Microsoft and need their necessary Google apps regardless of the platform they are on.

Moving on, Microsoft and Google both collect pretty much the same amount of data from you but both explain why they do it, they don't sell your data or anything. But if you have reasoned criticism against Google's privacy, please comment on this thread on Android Central:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=431498

That's all I wanted to say, Windows Phone does indeed need Google services.
    09-02-2014 02:18 AM
    they havent tried microsoft services,they should give both a fair shot
    frankly microsoft has always worked better for me
    i know there are people who prefer google but they should try microsoft as well
    MS services are not equal across all countries. That's why people prefer Google over MS because of this.

MS is still very much a US company with their services. Everywhere else it's pretty much sub par.
    D M C likes this.
    09-02-2014 03:10 AM
    I never understood Gmail problem.
    Why users are looking for gmail app.

Gmail in WP is as good as outlook.

Just go to people and login Gmail a/c.

Don't you guys know about it?
    ​I actually do that but there are missing features.
    09-02-2014 03:16 AM
    being in india,other than bing i dont find any reason to use google services in india other than search and youtube
    cant say for other countries but despite being a US company,people forget that satya nadella is at the helm and Here services have surpassed google maps in terms of usability in india and is much more informative especially in Mumbai
    09-02-2014 05:51 AM
    MS services are not equal across all countries. That's why people prefer Google over MS because of this.

MS is still very much a US company with their services. Everywhere else it's pretty much sub par.
    only bing is subpar,other things work in india
    09-02-2014 05:52 AM
    only bing is subpar,other things work in india
    If we look at the overall picture, I was referring to everything MS vs everything Google. By comparison, Google wins for offering consistent services to the majority of the planet. MS is far behind in that regard.

That's what I was going on. Not one thing or country specific.
    D M C likes this.
    09-02-2014 05:57 AM
    I'll just say a few things in the end, because I got a refraction due to my earlier post.

I'm not trying to undermine Microsoft or it's services, I am simply trying to say that Windows Phone needs Google services, primarily because Bing does not provide the same level of global coverage that Google does.

Having used a Windows Phone for over eight months, there was no good navigation application for Pakistan(HERE and Bing didn't support it either).

Not to mention the fact that Micrsoft applications and services have a negative reputation all over the world, from Internet Explorer to Bing and so on.

You could have the argument about Microsoft vs Google services all day long, however you can't deny that most people prefer Google over Microsoft and need their necessary Google apps regardless of the platform they are on.

Moving on, Microsoft and Google both collect pretty much the same amount of data from you but both explain why they do it, they don't sell your data or anything. But if you have reasoned criticism against Google's privacy, please comment on this thread on Android Central:

The Google privacy challenge. - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

about privacy:-
    i dont trust any company but id trust apple and microsoft any day over google
    proof-
    Google Drive files can end up in ads, even though you still own them | Ars Technica
    Google is selling your privacy for a price - Telegraph
    Google handed over 11,385 people’s personal info to the government in the past 6 months
    Is Google Drive worse for privacy than iCloud, Skydrive, and Dropbox? | The Verge
    Who owns your files on Google Drive? - CNET

they did issue a statement saying they dont own your data but will still go through them etc and sell your data and pics etc to advertisers to put ads based on that,basically they dont own it but they can use it

i cant confirm this but coming from soo many reliable sources,it cannot be wrong imho
    microsoft gives you a privacy kill switch,why cant google give one (advertising id)
    k72 likes this.
    09-02-2014 05:59 AM
    If we look at the overall picture, I was referring to everything MS vs everything Google. By comparison, Google wins for offering consistent services to the majority of the planet. MS is far behind in that regard.

That's what I was going on. Not one thing or country specific.
    if you mean desktop IE and Bing in India yes but i dont see why microsoft can be considered subpar to google
    09-02-2014 06:01 AM
    if you mean desktop IE and Bing in India yes but i dont see why microsoft can be considered subpar to google
    I'm not talking about India specific, I said globally. I said Google services were more consistent globally compared to MS. What you personally want to use is not what I was talking about.

There's more to the world than just India you know. You may feel differently but I've been to many parts of it, there's quite a bit out there. :P
    D M C likes this.
    09-02-2014 06:08 AM
    Really? 'a refraction' you didn't get my point at all did you? Or the following reply.

Being biased isn't a bad thing, if my kids had an argument with some other kids, I'd take their side. That's biased, but it doesn't make it a bad thing.

Not sure if it's the language barrier, but you took offence to something that wasn't.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-02-2014 07:33 AM
    about privacy:-
    i dont trust any company but id trust apple and microsoft any day over google
    proof-
    Google Drive files can end up in ads, even though you still own them | Ars Technica
    Google is selling your privacy for a price - Telegraph
    Google handed over 11,385 peoples personal info to the government in the past 6 months
    Is Google Drive worse for privacy than iCloud, Skydrive, and Dropbox? | The Verge
    Who owns your files on Google Drive? - CNET

they did issue a statement saying they dont own your data but will still go through them etc and sell your data and pics etc to advertisers to put ads based on that,basically they dont own it but they can use it

i cant confirm this but coming from soo many reliable sources,it cannot be wrong imho
    microsoft gives you a privacy kill switch,why cant google give one (advertising id)
    I read most of those articles, but the one article you posted about Google Drive on the Verge, pretty much destroyed your argument.

I think you just searched random articles without reading them to support your argument, anyways it clearly says in the Verge article:

1409660999889.jpg

The Verge pretty much backs up what I am trying to say, Google and Microsoft collect the same amount of data about you, and they reserve all permissions to pretty much anything with it.

Please read the articles carefully before posting them on a forum, the Verge article pretty much dispelled your theories.

I believe that you once again understood me wrong, I didn't say that Bing and Internet Explorer are subpar, both services have improved a lot in the past few months but still retain a negative reputation all over the world.

People would prefer Google services over Microsoft any day, most times and that's why Windows Phone does need it.

Regardless of how good Microsoft's products and services are, they are today receiving a negative reputation for a lot of things, be it Windows 8, Internet Explorer, Bing Search, and Bing Maps.

There are clear reasons why Windows Phone needs "official" Google services.
    09-02-2014 07:36 AM
    I believe that you once again understood me wrong, I didn't say that Bing and Internet Explorer are subpar, both services have improved a lot in the past few months but still retain a negative reputation all over the world.

People would prefer Google services over Microsoft any day, most times and that's why Windows Phone does need it.

Regardless of how good Microsoft's products and services are, they are today receiving a negative reputation for a lot of things, be it Windows 8, Internet Explorer, Bing Search, and Bing Maps.

There are clear reasons why Windows Phone needs "official" Google services.
    He was talking to me as I stated they were sub par in most places outside the US on a consistency level with Google.
    salmanahmad and Karthik Naik like this.
    09-02-2014 07:38 AM
    He was talking to me as I stated they were sub par in most places outside the US on a consistency level with Google.
    They are, no doubt about that.
    N_LaRUE and Karthik Naik like this.
    09-02-2014 07:39 AM
    A company's success is known by its earnings....
    Microsoft=61 Billion Per Annum
    Google=45 Billion Per Annum
    Got the winner??

While Microsoft has many services..Google has mainly Chrome OS and Browser+Google Search+Android and????
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-02-2014 08:04 AM
    I didn't say that Bing and Internet Explorer are subpar, both services have improved a lot in the past few months but still retain a negative reputation all over the world.
    Do you have any proof of this, or is it just your opinion? The last thing I saw, the Bing search engine is continuing it's market share year on year and Internet Explorer versions claim almost 60%. Consistent market growth doesn't really tie in with your claim of them having general negative reputations.
    Karthik Naik and S Vaibhav like this.
    09-02-2014 08:10 AM
    A company's success is known by its earnings....
    Microsoft=61 Billion Per Annum
    Google=45 Billion Per Annum
    Got the winner??

While Microsoft has many services..Google has mainly Chrome OS and Browser+Google Search+Android and????
    If you're going to by money, sure if that's what you think makes someone a winner. Take away MS's enterprise profits (their biggest money maker) and then we'll talk.
    D M C and Aashish13 like this.
    09-02-2014 08:19 AM
    If you're going to by money, sure if that's what you think makes someone a winner. Take away MS's enterprise profits (their biggest money maker) and then we'll talk.
    That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would you take away their enterprise? Hell, while were at it, lets take away Search for Google, for no apparent reason, while we're at it. It doesn't matter how they make their money.
    Aman2901, a5cent and Karthik Naik like this.
    09-02-2014 08:29 AM
    That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would you take away their enterprise? Hell, while were at it, lets take away Search for Google, for no apparent reason, while we're at it. It doesn't matter how they make their money.
    The reason I said it is because we're not talking about the same thing. Enterprise is a big part of MS money, next is PC OS. Google is in neither of those two fields. If it's only about money, sure MS wins. If we're talking about web and mobile services on a global scale, Google puts MS to shame. That's where I was going.

We were supposed to be discussing Google on WP and if it would ever happen. All it's turned into is a slinging match and a bunch of nonsense. Who wins and loses is the consumer, us. We deserve choice not this petty mud slinging matches that go on. If I want to use Google services I need to go to Android or iOS. That's sad. If I want better app selection I need to go Android or iOS. That's sad as well.

You want to play with numbers, WP is at 2.5% market share globally, that's truly sad. Where is WP winning? I don't see it.
    a5cent, D M C and Aashish13 like this.
    09-02-2014 08:46 AM
    [INFO]Anyway, it would be nice if someone found a way to tie all this back to the original topic (I have a faint memory that this thread should be about resolving the MS/Google war, not throwing more fuel on the fire). I'm not sure such a connection exists, but I'm willing to let people try. Failing that, well, you know...[/INFO]
    09-02-2014 08:50 AM
    [INFO]Anyway, it would be nice if someone found a way to tie all this back to the original topic (I have a faint memory that this thread should be about resolving the MS/Google war, not throwing more fuel on the fire). I'm not sure such a connection exists, but I'm willing to let people try. Failing that, well, you know...[/INFO]
    Good luck with that one...
    a5cent likes this.
    09-02-2014 09:01 AM
185 ... 5678