Let's discuss this Google vs Microsoft War ( because we're the ones losing :p )

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
google thinks its ok to pay for subpar products which lag and give bad battery life and customisation but sells your data to shady advert companies and puts ads everywhere

Google apps are not subpar, if they were they wouldn't be so popular. Part of the reason why Android owns over 80% of the mobile market is BECAUSE of how good Google apps are.

Also, Google doesn't sell your data to advertising companies. If you are a company that makes screen protectors or whatever such product, and you buy ad space from Google, Google will place your ad in front of people that Google knows are into mobile phones. The company that makes the screen protectors does NOT receive anyone's personal data or information.

I know that this post is falling on deaf ears. Hating Google is your prerogative, and I understand why many WP users don't like them

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Not true at all, youtube displays excessive ads,google docs are a fad just like how isheep follow apple blindly(no offence to anyone just talking about blind followers)

If your solution to youtube on 3G is using another site,ill say get an iPhone instead of your android so you get updates on your phone(see the irony)

Ads aren't the enemy for the millionth time,displaying ads excessively on our capped 3G plans is

Since google tracks our footsteps they do sell our data to advertisers and their terms and conditions in google drive also states they own any data on your account

@ D M C ill give you a better example since you keep taking windows as an example
Imagine you bought a windows license and use it on your laptop for work
You are showing an important client a presentation and BAM an advert shows up after every few ppts

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
@ D M C ill give you a better example since you keep taking windows as an example
You are showing an important client a presentation and BAM an advert shows up after every few ppts

Lol!
Then Why would I have to pay for windows?
You don't paid for watching YouTube neither your friend.
If MS gives me free Windows license then I don't mind ads.

------------------------------------------
If you & your friends don't like terms & conditions then don't use it.
------------------------------------------

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Not true at all, youtube displays excessive ads,google docs are a fad just like how isheep follow apple blindly(no offence to anyone just talking about blind followers)

If your solution to youtube on 3G is using another site,ill say get an iPhone instead of your android so you get updates on your phone(see the irony)

Ads aren't the enemy for the millionth time,displaying ads excessively on our capped 3G plans is

Since google tracks our footsteps they do sell our data to advertisers and their terms and conditions in google drive also states they own any data on your account

YouTube does not display excessive ads, Google Docs may not be as good as Office however are still good for getting small jobs done. If you don't like Google Docs you can use Microsoft's services on Android/iPhone.

The iPhone example is completely irrelevant here, but I'll explain why I meant by using another site.

Your friends have capped 3G plans, that means they have use their precious mobile data judiciously, yet they steam music on YouTube.

Do you have any idea how much more data it takes to stream music via YouTube especially if you are on a capped plan, and then your friends have the nerve to complain about a few seconds of ads, yet watch FULL SIZE 3 MINUTES OF HD MUSIC VIDEOS.

Your friends must be really intelligent.

Moving on to Google selling data, it doesn't, do more of your research and then hate on Google. I'll provide proof that Google doesn't sell our data:

http://mashable.com/2012/03/01/google-privacy-data-policy/

But if you don't want to go through that hassle, here's what you *NEED* to read from that article:

1409553448563.jpg

Lastly to counter the argument you gave DMC, if you pay for a product and still receive advertisements, that is unacceptable.

Thus your argument here is flawed because Windows and YouTube are totally different, Google doesn't give ads in Android or Chromebook OS because you paid for it.

But as far as specific services go, such as YouTube, advertisements are necessary because I don't see any of you paying for YouTube.

Aashish13

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Mostly Gmail users are the victims of selling data. Obviously any thing of google that u paid won't get any ads that's the strategy adopted by everyone. Operating system is not a problem google services are a problem.

Mihailo Miki

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I just hope that we'll be able to download PC apps and games and that Google will stop being so cowardly about WP, it's obvious they're afraid, why would they copy if they weren't? That second thing probably won't happen, but these are my wishes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I just hope that we'll be able to download PC apps and games and that Google will stop being so cowardly about WP, it's obvious they're afraid, why would they copy if they weren't? That second thing probably won't happen, but these are my wishes.

Google is cowardly about WP. What an odd statement.

They're a services company. Their aim is to make money. They want to ensure they can. If WP doesn't offer the right ability to do this, then they won't make services for it. Simple.

This thread has gone right off topic and turned into a haters and defenders argument about Google. What the OP didn't want.

Rational discussion about this topic seems impossible.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
YouTube does not display excessive ads, Google Docs may not be as good as Office however are still good for getting small jobs done. If you don't like Google Docs you can use Microsoft's services on Android/iPhone.

The iPhone example is completely irrelevant here, but I'll explain why I meant by using another site.

Your friends have capped 3G plans, that means they have use their precious mobile data judiciously, yet they steam music on YouTube.

Do you have any idea how much more data it takes to stream music via YouTube especially if you are on a capped plan, and then your friends have the nerve to complain about a few seconds of ads, yet watch FULL SIZE 3 MINUTES OF HD MUSIC VIDEOS.

Your friends must be really intelligent.

Moving on to Google selling data, it doesn't, do more of your research and then hate on Google. I'll provide proof that Google doesn't sell our data:

Google Privacy: 5 Things the Tech Giant Does With Your Data

But if you don't want to go through that hassle, here's what you *NEED* to read from that article:

View attachment 79324

Lastly to counter the argument you gave DMC, if you pay for a product and still receive advertisements, that is unacceptable.

Thus your argument here is flawed because Windows and YouTube are totally different, Google doesn't give ads in Android or Chromebook OS because you paid for it.

But as far as specific services go, such as YouTube, advertisements are necessary because I don't see any of you paying for YouTube.

^^ yeah right thanks for misinformation,your points have already been proved wrong multiple times,im not gonna spell it out for you anymore if you still dont get the point

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Google is cowardly about WP. What an odd statement.

They're a services company. Their aim is to make money. They want to ensure they can. If WP doesn't offer the right ability to do this, then they won't make services for it. Simple.

This thread has gone right off topic and turned into a haters and defenders argument about Google. What the OP didn't want.

Rational discussion about this topic seems impossible.

i agree with you except that google is scared of WP,why else dont wp users get to use googles services properly while ios users can

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
forget this discussion, N_Laure is right,this isnt going anywhere ,people defending google for no reason
googles strategies have already been booed before by many tech sites and consumers,im not gonna sit out explaining my point 10 times
each to their own preference

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i agree with you except that google is scared of WP,why else dont wp users get to use googles services properly while ios users can

I wrote a post a page back or so explaining my position.

Google has no reason to be afraid of WP, why should they? They make money a certain way. My guess is that WP doesn't allow them to do this which is why the services don't exist on WP. I think it has nothing to do with wanting to put the services on the phone and more to do with their business model that MS doesn't like.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
^^ yeah right thanks for misinformation,your points have already been proved wrong multiple times,im not gonna spell it out for you anymore if you still dont get the point

You have been unable till now to backup your statements with any proof from credible sources, all your replies have come directly from your personal ideas and opinions.

You haven't been able to prove me wrong, despite all the flawed examples and crazy theories you have given.

forget this discussion, N_Laure is right,this isnt going anywhere ,people defending google for no reason
googles strategies have already been booed before by many tech sites and consumers,im not gonna sit out explaining my point 10 times
each to their own preference

You don't have to explain your points again and again because they are flawed, you need to research on those points and provide proof from credible sources.

We aren't mindlessly defending Google, you are mindlessly hating it.

I wrote a post a page back or so explaining my position.

Google has no reason to be afraid of WP, why should they? They make money a certain way. My guess is that WP doesn't allow them to do this which is why the services don't exist on WP. I think it has nothing to do with wanting to put the services on the phone and more to do with their business model that MS doesn't like.

We'll Google has been very rude to Microsoft in the past, to Apple as well. Google isn't scared really but it has a pretty huge problem sharing it's services with other operating systems, iOS is lucky to have received Google services.

Google should port over their services to Windows Phone however judging from this post not a whole lot of people like Google or Google services, they are more than happy with the 3rd party alternatives, so why bother?

Whenever someone asked me whether to buy a Windows Phone, I told them yes(depending on their preferences) but whenever they asked me stuff like, does it have YouTube, Feedly, Google Maps, Chrome, Google+, Gmail, etc.

I would always have to tell them about the hundreds of clients and workarounds, which annoys a lot of people. But clearly on this forum, barely anyone cares about "official" apps, especially from Google.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
You have been unable till now to backup your statements with any proof from credible sources, all your replies have come directly from your personal ideas and opinions.

You haven't been able to prove me wrong, despite all the flawed examples and crazy theories you have given.

You don't have to explain your points again and again because they are flawed, you need to research on those points and provide proof from credible sources.

We aren't mindlessly defending Google, you are mindlessly hating it.

We'll Google has been very rude to Microsoft in the past, to Apple as well. Google isn't scared really but it has a pretty huge problem sharing it's services with other operating systems, iOS is lucky to have received Google services.

Google should port over their services to Windows Phone however judging from this post not a whole lot of people like Google or Google services, they are more than happy with the 3rd party alternatives, so why bother?

Whenever someone asked me whether to buy a Windows Phone, I told them yes(depending on their preferences) but whenever they asked me stuff like, does it have YouTube, Feedly, Google Maps, Chrome, Google+, Gmail, etc.

I would always have to tell them about the hundreds of clients and workarounds, which annoys a lot of people. But clearly on this forum, barely anyone cares about "official" apps, especially from Google.
I don't think they realise that people who just want to buy a smartphone might want official apps. We are used to relying on third party apps but 97.2% of smartphone users aren't. We need google more than anything. Forget about scroogled and their monopoly. Think about how our marketshare could rise if there were official google apps in our platform. Let's try and solve this problem once and for all!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They've all been rude to each other. That's the nature of business. Your enemy is my friend kind of thing. Sleeping with the enemy, etc. Whatever term of phrase you wish to use.

Google would be dumb not to have their services on iOS and Apple would be dumb not to have Google apps on their platform.

Choice is important. To me having those services would be a good thing for the OS. Regardless how people feel about them. Also, there isn't 3rd party for all things Google.

I care about official apps because it has meaning. Something a lot on here miss. Nothing against 3rd party but it's an image issue in relation to the OS and WP. I think WP needs the official apps, including Google services.

We may never know what the real issue behind this whole thing between Google and MS. Is it a grudge? Is it WP privacy settings? Is it the contract they have to sign with MS? Is it something entirely different? We don't really know. No one has told us.

Last edited:

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
nope, google sucks, i dont want their service to be in windows phone, and steal my data secretly. and i dont want OneDrive get hacked (like how bull**** apple iCloud get hacked, and lots of celebrities boobs get pop up on the google search)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo