Let's discuss this Google vs Microsoft War ( because we're the ones losing :p )

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
exactly i dont want ads every 2 mins like on ios and androids official youutube app
even on ios i use jasmine its the best youtube client for ios and "lacks" adverts

I think you also hate ads in mobile nation website.(wpcentral)
If you don't know these ads are the backbone of whole internet world.

You shouldn't hate it but appreciate it.
These ads ensure survival of website & apps and many company related to it.
If everyone Starts thinking like you then Youtube will be dead and I wonder how many people will lost jobs from that.

I think you should ignore these types of YouTube apps or at least don't appreciate them.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The truth is that most of you guys are angry because google haven't realeased their apps for windows yet. If they did, you would download them in a heartbest. *cough* *cough* official Youtube *cough**cough* official hangouts. Official maps. Some of you guys are dying for one of the google apps to come to WP.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
The truth is that most of you guys are angry because google haven't realeased their apps for windows yet. If they did, you would download them in a heartbest. *cough* *cough* official Youtube *cough**cough* official hangouts. Official maps. Some of you guys are dying for one of the google apps to come to WP.

If. And that is a big if.

Personally I only use gmaps since here maps don't cover my country. And YouTube is blocked by gov. so no worries.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I see this thread has wandered from the OP and has turned into the old argument about if or why we want Google services on WP. What's better etc.

I wrote back a couple of pages ago what I thought on the matter but I had some more thoughts on it.

My old thought and one that is still likely is that Google wants certain data that they cannot access on WP. That's my first thought. My second is that maybe they disagree with some of the software agreements that MS has, there could be stipulations in there they don't like.

A lot of people think that the old disagreements between Google and MS is the driving force here and competition but I tend to disagree with that. A company like Google has only one aim, to make money. If they feel they can't do that properly on WP then of course they won't provide the services. If competition was an issue they wouldn't be on iPhone considering what Steve Jobs said about Google.

That's my point of view. Anyone else got something useful besides claiming what software is better or other nonsense?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I was never forced to use any of Google services being an Android user for over 2 years now, the only thing I needed the Google account was for the Play Store however when I saw how good the other services, I intentionally joined Google+, YouTube, Google Maps and so on..Google doesn't force you to do stuff and Google+ go be really nice.

Nothing about Google or it's services are subpar, we'll most of them aren't.

But the attitude of people like you is probably one reason why Google doesn't port it's services over to Windows Phone.

What you people fail to understand is that those ads are put by video creators themselves, and it's called "Monetizing your videos with ads" and it helps video creators improve their content once they build a significant fan base.

I don't understand why so many of you are crying over watching a few seconds of ads every now and then, I mean if it weren't for ads how many of you would pay or donate to YouTube video creators? I would think none of you, or very few.

If you think about it logically before hating, you'll realize why ads are on YouTube and why they aren't bad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

yeah right when you start with a capped 3G plan on your mobile then youll understand
do you want to spend your phone minutes(recharge or whatever data plan) on ads?? its fine on wifi but on a phone its highly disgusting because not all of us have unlimted 3G(i do but i speak on behalf on my friends with capped plans)

as for google services gmail and youtube work on wp for me i dont see why people want google docs etc when you have ms office on your phone
why do people want google maps? here maps is better even in india

the ads thing is like you running with a half tank of gas in your car and the car company decides to knock off 25% of the tank everytime you start the car

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

If everyone Starts thinking like you then Youtube will be dead and I wonder how many people will lost jobs from that.

I think you should ignore these types of YouTube apps or at least don't appreciate them.

but why on my mobile data??ads are fine but not on a capped network

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
yeah right when you start with a capped 3G plan on your mobile then youll understand
do you want to spend your phone minutes(recharge or whatever data plan) on ads?? its fine on wifi but on a phone its highly disgusting because not all of us have unlimted 3G(i do but i speak on behalf on my friends with capped plans)

Like I said, to the best of my knowledge, Google does not put advertisements in all videos. It's up to the person creating the videos.

Your friends(or anyone else with a capped plan) shouldn't watch YouTube channels that have ads in them, until they get a WiFi.

Or...if watching a certain video creator really matters for them they shouldn't complain about ads because they are intentionally watching videos with ads.

All in all, advertisements supports the video creator and I don't mind see an ad every now and then, in exchange for better YouTube content.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
because its the truth,google is subpar in alot of ways with youtube ads and google+
ive never liked googles attitude , they apparently "own" everything on google drive,force us to use google+ etc
google forced microsoft to remove MS's youtube app from the store for unknown reasons,its obvious they are scared of WP
+620 ^ this.
You need a Google+ account for commenting on YouTube, why? Why do I need another social network account? The co founder of YouTube, who posted the first ever YouTube video, left the service because of the forced usage of Google plus. Lets face it, Google+ is crap, why force users on to it?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
+620 ^ this.
You need a Google+ account for commenting on YouTube, why? Why do I need another social network account? The co founder of YouTube, who posted the first ever YouTube video, left the service because of the forced usage of Google plus. Lets face it, Google+ is crap, why force users on to it?

935121a6f261e11f543d9716e637726f.jpg

Google has explained this quite well, and I can guarantee that ever since Google+ has been required for commenting, the quality of comments and finding more relevant comments has become way more easy.

While yes, Google has a hidden agenda to "promote Google+" it still doesn't mean that this is bad.

To the best of my knowledge, the co founder was enraged but did not quit YouTube and I'm pretty sure he realized later that what Google did was actually a good idea.

Requiring Google+ has has done more good than harm, and I don't understand why you people call Google+ subpar? What is your definition of a good social network?

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

People would be better paying money. The wasted time of loading and watching irrelevant ads is huge. The waste of resources in delivering those ads is too high. I think ads are economically inefficient as a way of paying online services.

Someone should create the Netflix of the internet content. For a monthly fee you don't see more ads and the fee is distributed to the sites you visit.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/30/935121a6f261e11f543d9716e637726f.jpg

Google has explained this quite well, and I can guarantee that ever since Google+ has been required for commenting, the quality of comments and finding more relevant comments has become way more easy.

While yes, Google has a hidden agenda to "promote Google+" it still doesn't mean that this is bad.

To the best of my knowledge, the co founder was enraged but did not quit YouTube and I'm pretty sure he realized later that what Google did was actually a good idea.

Requiring Google+ has has done more good than harm, and I don't understand why you people call Google+ subpar? What is your definition of a good social network?

2 things....

1) YouTube comments have not got better. Really, they've almost got worse. Pewdiepie (the largest YouTube channel in the world) has recently said that he's turning off comments because they're garbage. He said they use to be fine, but now it's all spam and people writing hateful things. He said YouTube was suppose to fix it and he's tried every workaround, but he can't deal with it anymore.

2) a social network can have as many nice features as you want it to, but if no one uses it, it's sub-par. Maybe not sub par in every way, but it is in the most important way. Currently, two out of my 700 facebook friends have a Google+. I don't care if I can add them to as many circles as I can and join them in as many communities as I can, no one I know is on it, which makes it suck.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
2 things....

1) YouTube comments have not got better. Really, they've almost got worse. Pewdiepie (the largest YouTube channel in the world) has recently said that he's turning off comments because they're garbage. He said they use to be fine, but now it's all spam and people writing hateful things. He said YouTube was suppose to fix it and he's tried every workaround, but he can't deal with it anymore.

2) a social network can have as many nice features as you want it to, but if no one uses it, it's sub-par. Maybe not sub par in every way, but it is in the most important way. Currently, two out of my 700 facebook friends have a Google+. I don't care if I can add them to as many circles as I can and join them in as many communities as I can, no one I know is on it, which makes it suck.

I don't know about PewdiePie and his comments but generally I see much funnier comments, I can get to know people better and generally the content has improved, on many of the channels I view.

Calling any service, not just a social network, subpar, because of users is wrong. Would it be fair to call Windows Phone subpar if only one of my hundreds of friends owned it? Or would it be justified to say Windows Phone is sub par because less than 10% of the people in the world use it.

I randomly opened Google+ on my Android device, just to see how it was, and the application was amazing(so was the network) and I've actually managed to contact some of my favorite YouTubers, find out some awesome communities and so on... similar to Windows Phone's situation, Google+ is a very good social network which no one is willing to try. :/

But requiring a Google+ account for YouTube is no big deal, and IMO it's improved YouTube.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about PewdiePie and his comments but generally I see much funnier comments, I can get to know people better and generally the content has improved, on many of the channels I view.

Calling any service, not just a social network, subpar, because of users is wrong. Would it be fair to call Windows Phone subpar if only one of my hundreds of friends owned it? Or would it be justified to say Windows Phone is sub par because less than 10% of the people in the world use it.

I randomly opened Google+ on my Android device, just to see how it was, and the application was amazing(so was the network) and I've actually managed to contact some of my favorite YouTubers, find out some awesome communities and so on... similar to Windows Phone's situation, Google+ is a very good social network which no one is willing to try. :/

But requiring a Google+ account for YouTube is no big deal, and IMO it's improved YouTube.

When we're talking about a SOCIAL network, yes, in that situation it matters who is using it. You're using WP as an example, so the proper analogy would be that me not being able to be social with my friends on a social network would be the equivalent of my Windows Phone not being able to be used as a phone. They're completely different metrics to judge by.

Also, I'm not sure who you're following on YouTube, but my comment feed is always full of "I made $5000 a month from home, see how to here!" Or something racist or sexist pop up. Maybe you follow smaller youtubers, but I could honestly find 5 bad comments in under a minute. It's a mess.

Last edited:

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
That's the problem, it should be ironed out already. People are refusing to buy windows phones because of the lack of official google services. Microsoft is being slow again.

No they're not. People are refusing to buy windows phones because they have never seen them in operation and think they won't understand them. A lot of this is because of Windows 8 desktop and the lack of access to instructions or menus on many apps. A lot of people still don't know you can resize tiles so you can fit more on the screen for example, or know how to close an app, so they think Windows Phone will be the same. It's nothing to do with lack of google services. There is little that google offer that you can't get in some form on a Windows phone.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
People would be better paying money. The wasted time of loading and watching irrelevant ads is huge. The waste of resources in delivering those ads is too high. I think ads are economically inefficient as a way of paying online services.

Someone should create the Netflix of the internet content. For a monthly fee you don't see more ads and the fee is distributed to the sites you visit.

LOL! you should give a little thought what you are saying.
My comment is for whole internet.

Tell me how many websites you visit in a day?
and tell me the your estimated cost if every sites start taking money from users for using website

If every website implement your suggestion then Internet browsing will become Luxury.

Ads are necessary. Like it or not.
Without ads internet will doomed.

Some users lets go with most users prefer ads over payment.
cellphone-apps_o_491653.jpg

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
+620 ^ this.

Little update for you my friend.
As I told many times

YOU DON'T NEED GOOGLE + ACCOUNT ANYMORE TO COMMENT ON YOUTUBE.
IT'S AN OLD NEWS LIKE WP7.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Also to note that google.com is part of the "private party" you're sharing with.:)
the bs part.JPG

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Do you by any chance live in Pakistan?

Where else?

From what I understand, google makes money off of collecting data i-e the data it collects when people use its services. Whenever someone uses google services on windows phone/RT through 3rd party clients and mobile web or whatever, I'm sure google makes money from it anyway because if they hadn't, they would've found ways to block service for WP users like they did with MS's version of app or sent down notices for 3rd party clients removal from windows phone store.
So, why not make official app?
1) Why bother? I mean they are already making money as long as windows phone users are using their services by hook or crook.
2) Maybe(and this is my personal opinion), they want to hurt windows phone sales. I mean why not. They are competitors in business and no one would like to concede even a little share of pie to its competitor. That's until windows phone makes enough market share for itself(more than 10%) that it can not be ignored anymore. And why they don't treat Apple with the same stick is because since, Apple is a premium brand, its growth is already limited. It can't compete with android on the same level as windows phone can. And, as long as there are people willing to buy iProducts and have more than reasonable market share that is more than 10%, apple is immune from google. For now. I'm sure if Apple and MS swap its positions on market share, google will stop updating their apps for iOS as well and instead start supporting windows phone.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs