Let's discuss this Google vs Microsoft War ( because we're the ones losing :p )

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
nope, google sucks, i dont want their service to be in windows phone, and steal my data secretly. and i dont want OneDrive get hacked (like how bull**** apple iCloud get hacked, and lots of celebrities boobs get pop up on the google search)

Talk about misconceptions.

1. They don't 'secretly' steal your data. You have to agree to the terms and conditions. If you don't like it don't use it. Simple. The choice is yours.

2. All cloud services are subject to being hacked. If you don't like that idea don't use them and don't put your nudie pictures on there if that is your worry.

3. Likelihood of your data getting hacked without being a celebrity, politician or some other important person - less than 1%

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Google should port over their services to Windows Phone however judging from this post not a whole lot of people like Google or Google services, they are more than happy with the 3rd party alternatives, so why bother?

I think much of the community's negativity towards Google would disappear if Google brought their services to WP.

There was always some dislike for Google here, but I think that has increased tenfold since people realized that Google's apathy towards WP has little to do with "not having enough market share to be worthwhile" and is more strategic in nature and very deliberate. For some that has made the dispute a little bit personal.

If Google stretched out an open hand, I'm positive most of the WP community would take it in an instant. That, and because 50 million users isn't peanuts, is why Google should bother.

On the other hand, Android is an awesome data collection platform for Google. IOS is nowhere near as good, even with all of Google's services being available, and considering MS has many services that directly compete with Google's, WP would be even worse. Anything that slows WP's growth is good for Android and Google. That is what Google is justifiably trying to do. That is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Google has certainly setup models that help them determine how much market share WP must own before not offering their services hurts themselves more than it hurts WP. Google would be stupid to offer their services before WP reaches that mark.

As others have said, it's nothing personal. It's business. It's why I'd say that, despite wanting them, Google shouldn't port their services over, or at least not yet.

It's also why I'd say that the OP's notion of us being able to influence this dispute is quite ridiculous..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Just a side note....

It's predicted that we'll hit 1.75 Billion smartphone users this year. If WP stays current (just for the sake of numbers) at ~50 million then that means it's only a ~3% share.

My guess, and only a guess, is that Google would probably want minimum 10% or more before they'd consider making apps.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You have been unable till now to backup your statements with any proof from credible sources, all your replies have come directly from your personal ideas and opinions.

You haven't been able to prove me wrong, despite all the flawed examples and crazy theories you have given.

You don't have to explain your points again and again because they are flawed, you need to research on those points and provide proof from credible sources.

We aren't mindlessly defending Google, you are mindlessly hating it.

We'll Google has been very rude to Microsoft in the past, to Apple as well. Google isn't scared really but it has a pretty huge problem sharing it's services with other operating systems, iOS is lucky to have received Google services.

Google should port over their services to Windows Phone however judging from this post not a whole lot of people like Google or Google services, they are more than happy with the 3rd party alternatives, so why bother?

Whenever someone asked me whether to buy a Windows Phone, I told them yes(depending on their preferences) but whenever they asked me stuff like, does it have YouTube, Feedly, Google Maps, Chrome, Google+, Gmail, etc.

I would always have to tell them about the hundreds of clients and workarounds, which annoys a lot of people. But clearly on this forum, barely anyone cares about "official" apps, especially from Google.

because we dont need google when there are much better alternatives than googles own official apps on say ios
im not a google hater,they are subpar to Nokia/Ms in alot of ways except youtube and google search
you missed my earlier points by alot so im not gonna explain for the 11th time

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I think much of the community's negativity towards Google would disappear if Google brought their services to WP.

There was always some dislike for Google here, but I think that has increased tenfold since people realized that Google's apathy towards WP has little to do with "not having enough market share to be worthwhile" and is more strategic in nature and very deliberate. For some that has made the dispute a little bit personal.

If Google stretched out an open hand, I'm positive most of the WP community would take it in an instant. That, and because 50 million users isn't peanuts, is why Google should bother.

On the other hand, Android is an awesome data collection platform for Google. IOS is nowhere near as good, even with all of Google's services being available, and considering MS has many services that directly compete with Google's, WP would be even worse. Anything that slows WP's growth is good for Android and Google. That is what Google is justifiably trying to do. That is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Google has certainly setup models that help them determine how much market share WP must own before not offering their services hurts themselves more than it hurts WP. Google would be stupid to offer their services before WP reaches that mark.

As others have said, it's nothing personal. It's business. It's why I'd say that, despite wanting them, Google shouldn't port their services over, or at least not yet.

It's also why I'd say that the OP's notion of us being able to influence this dispute is quite ridiculous..

^^my thoughts exactly
i personally dont like googles apps and prefer microsoft though but im aware people do prefer it
i feel people should give both a shot instead of just google
microsoft and nokia have taken alot of efforts to give a fantastic cross platform experience
i take a photo on my lumias and its there on my ipad within seconds(onedrive)
syncing your contacts etc is much faster and easier on my windows phones as well and even works well with my nexus 5,Z10,ipads etc(outlook contacts etc as compared to gmail)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

It's very interesting so see a moderator actually contribute to the discussion, instead of simply shutting it down.

I do agree with you, mostly.

because we dont need google when there are much better alternatives than googles own official apps on say ios
im not a google hater,they are subpar to Nokia/Ms in alot of ways except youtube and google search
you missed my earlier points by alot so im not gonna explain for the 11th time

Not to be biased or anything but Google hands down has better and much more services than Microsoft and Apple.

You can't find good replacements for Gmail, Google+, Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Search(and Google Now), Google Goggles, Google Chrome, and YouTube.

Microsoft has some pretty good services however some of them, such as Skype are worthy of being called "subpar" especially on their own platform(Windows Phone).

I've asked you countless times to point out subpar applications by Google but you fail to point out any.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Pretty much all of your comments are biased in Google's favour. Which of course is fair enough and I, (and don't think anyone else) should have a problem with.
I do wonder sometimes why you spend so much time on the Windows Phone forums though?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Pretty much all of your comments are biased in Google's favour. Which of course is fair enough and I, (and don't think anyone else) should have a problem with.
I do wonder sometimes why you spend so much time on the Windows Phone forums though?

I have openly criticized Google for issues, like the YouTube app on Windows Phone.

With that being said, just because I defend Google, instead of mindlessly hating it, doesn't mean I shouldn't be on the Windows Phone Central forums.

I am not biased, I try to destroy myths that people have, I quote reliable sources and so on...you can call me biased or whatever but I would suggest you try to counter my arguments instead of attacking me.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you actually read my comment through properly?
I said I and others shouldn't have a problem with people preferring Google over Microsoft, I never 'attacked' you, never said you 'shouldn't be on these forums'
Jeez lighten up, thou do protest too much.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
nope, google sucks, i dont want their service to be in windows phone, and steal my data secretly. and i dont want OneDrive get hacked (like how bull**** apple iCloud get hacked, and lots of celebrities boobs get pop up on the google search)
Are we regressing to the dark ages now? Thunder no be weather! It mean the gods are angry!!

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
We need google but they don't need us. Buyers want google apps but we don't have them. It will never end unless microsoft does something about this.

YeMan

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
We need google but they don't need us. Buyers want google apps but we don't have them. It will never end unless microsoft does something about this.
do you guys think the marketplace is the main reason people dont like it? Most people dont think about yhrm because we aren't big enough, im happy the windows commercials are out now haha. For some reason the word "Nokia" is a HUGE turn off to some people....

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
For some reason the word "Nokia" is a HUGE turn off to some people....

Hmmm, I feel the opposite. I believe that a lot of users who use WP have it because it's on a Nokia device. Ask the average user what OS they have, and they'll probably say Nokia, or Samsung, or even iPhone (not technically the OS).

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

they havent tried microsoft services,they should give both a fair shot
frankly microsoft has always worked better for me
i know there are people who prefer google but they should try microsoft as well

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I'll just say a few things in the end, because I got a refraction due to my earlier post.

I'm not trying to undermine Microsoft or it's services, I am simply trying to say that Windows Phone needs Google services, primarily because Bing does not provide the same level of global coverage that Google does.

Having used a Windows Phone for over eight months, there was no good navigation application for Pakistan(HERE and Bing didn't support it either).

Not to mention the fact that Micrsoft applications and services have a negative reputation all over the world, from Internet Explorer to Bing and so on.

You could have the argument about Microsoft vs Google services all day long, however you can't deny that most people prefer Google over Microsoft and need their necessary Google apps regardless of the platform they are on.

Moving on, Microsoft and Google both collect pretty much the same amount of data from you but both explain why they do it, they don't sell your data or anything. But if you have reasoned criticism against Google's privacy, please comment on this thread on Android Central:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=431498

That's all I wanted to say, Windows Phone does indeed need Google services.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
they havent tried microsoft services,they should give both a fair shot
frankly microsoft has always worked better for me
i know there are people who prefer google but they should try microsoft as well

MS services are not equal across all countries. That's why people prefer Google over MS because of this.

MS is still very much a US company with their services. Everywhere else it's pretty much sub par.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I never understood Gmail problem.
Why users are looking for gmail app.

Gmail in WP is as good as outlook.

Just go to people and login Gmail a/c.

Don't you guys know about it?

​I actually do that but there are missing features.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
being in india,other than bing i dont find any reason to use google services in india other than search and youtube
cant say for other countries but despite being a US company,people forget that satya nadella is at the helm and Here services have surpassed google maps in terms of usability in india and is much more informative especially in Mumbai

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb