No windows phones in stores!!

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I happened to find myself at the Steeplegate Mall in Concord, NH today. The Verizon store had NO windows phones. "But we can order one if you want," stated the salesperson.
The Radio Shack had only a 928 in stock and one other phone on display ( I think an 822.)
I then went to the Best Buy across the street who had NO windows phones in stock or on display! A Best Buy!!!! "We are just a small store. Maybe a larger one will have them," stated that salesperson.
My daughter's response was, "perhaps the windows phones are not as good as you think!"
Microsoft needs to WAKE UP and get phones in the stores!!!!!!
I was very disappointed that I was unable to touch and share with my daughter, a potential customer a 635, a 1020, a 1520, an Icon or the new HTC M8!!!!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My advice: Just accept this as reality for the meantime and move on. Order somewhere with Windows Phones. Actual Windows Phones.

Remember that consumers vote with their wallets and not a lot apparently vote for Windows Phone, and this leads to cost-benefit analyses resulting in Windows Phone being shafted on storefronts.
It's not something a bit of advertising dollars would change entirely, but you've got to wonder if Microsoft is going nothing in this case.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
That is disappointing. From my experience I have only found Best Buy to have windows phone in stock when the are recently released. But that was almost two years ago with the HTC 8X. Verizon on the other hand in my opinion has shown a lot more Windows phone recently since the ICON was released. But I haven't been back since then so it might of just been for the release. AT&T on the other hand I have been to a several times and they have always had Windows Phone in stock be it a 1020 or a 1520. Maybe they are out of stock and sold all their windows phones? Which would be a good sign that windows phone is growing in popularity. . But that wouldn't explain why they wouldn't have a display model for it.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I had to call ahead to see if they had an Icon in stock before going to the Verizon store. Only one of about 4 stores in my area even had one. Probably in a box back in the store room. Not that they would even think of displaying one. Retailers really don't promote WP and in many cases try to change peoples minds for even asking. Your right MS needs to get on these retailers asses if they want people to buy these phones. They are loosing many potential new happy windows phone users for life if only they had an opportunity to even touch one.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it would be better to go to the nearest microsoft store to buy one. Apart from buying personal computers at best buy, they would not be the best place I would go for phones; but that is just my opinion. Do you have a fry's electronic store where you live, if so you could try there.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
That's odd. I thought at minimum, you should be able to buy an M8 from a Verizon store and probably an Icon too. I've never had a problem finding Windows Phones at AT&T stores. Even the smaller stores had them.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
we had the same thing this weekend went into a big vodafone store as they are the only providers of a lumia 930 in New Zealand but was told they dont stock them try a bigger store, this was in the biggest mall in wellington ( New Zealands capital city) so now my wife is wondering if windows phone is really for her & its taken a long time to talk her round,
I feel all my hard work was for nothing and she will now go get another iphone (which are sold everywhere)

ive email nokia NZ this morning so will see what they say

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hmm...my local ATT store has plenty of Win Phones on display, in fact they have 2 different areas displaying Win Phones, as well as Win tablets.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hmm...my local ATT store has plenty of Win Phones on display, in fact they have 2 different areas displaying Win Phones, as well as Win tablets.

I didn't go into an AT&T store today-didn't see one. However, I did buy my first 520 in an AT&T store about a year ago. They had the display in the back corner and none in stock-had to order it! I don't recall seeing any other Windows phones at the time......

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
The local Verizon company store has 2 models of WPs in stock, but they aren't even on the same table. They have the Icon and HTC One M8 Windows. But if you ask for a Windows Phone, they question why.

The local Verizon independent dealer just has the Icon and they just got that. Before that they had no Windows phones at all.

The independent dealer didn't question why I wanted to look at Windows phones at all and made a good sales pitch. But they only sold the Icon and they insisted on a car charger and case for $111 and change. Wasn't even a really good case, just well overpriced.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The local Verizon company store has 2 models of WPs in stock, but they aren't even on the same table. They have the Icon and HTC One M8 Windows. But if you ask for a Windows Phone, they question why.

The local Verizon independent dealer just has the Icon and they just got that. Before that they had no Windows phones at all.

The independent dealer didn't question why I wanted to look at Windows phones at all and made a good sales pitch. But they only sold the Icon and they insisted on a car charger and case for $111 and change. Wasn't even a really good case, just well overpriced.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk
That's why Windows Phone market share is so small, because the carriers that are suppose to sell it don't even want to deal with it. Microsoft should be more involve in this, making sure that these customer service representatives are trained properly to sell the device.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
you should go to microsoft store instead, other store dont want to order windows phone because they think people dont want it, but actually most of us want it, but barely noticeable in small store, people wont go to large store just to buy a windows phone.

the only way to grow the market share of windows phone is to sold cheap windows phone and mid-range windows phone and high-end windows phone
how apple can sell worse product at high price tag? cause people always think the higher price product is better.

microsoft/nokia should build a octa-core, 41MP, 8k 60fps recording, use nvidia graphic (if windows phone support it), release 2 versions of it (5 inch full HD LED screen and 6 inch 2K LED screen), call it nokia lumia 1930(6 inch) and nokia lumia 1935(5 inch)

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
here in Portugal you don't see much WP displayed too... you see the 520, 630 and just saw yesterday the 530 unlocked for 119€ wich was a surprise to see it so soon...

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Unbelievable that a carrier that gets specific models made just for them treat WP like this.

Can only blame the suckers at Nokia and now MS that pandered to Verizon.

Pathetic really!!!!!

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
This year i was unable to find any WP in most stores for important cities in South america like Sao Paulo, Santiago and Lima... for example, last year many stores in Lima offered WP phones... but now i didn't find any, that missing spot now it's filled by relative unknown and smaller Android OEM's.

To be honest, the situation for WP and carriers is very bad.

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
This isn't like this in the UK. Go to phones4u or carphone warehouse, the phones are there. However in usa, it's not the same for some reason. I suggest you buy windows phones online, you are just going to make yourself feel worse buying a windows phone in stores. I'm very confused why microsoft focus on the US so much anyway, the carriers and stores treat WP so badly. We love you! In Europe, focus on us!

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
In Slovenia, the biggest provider (Mobitel Slovenija) has quite a lot of windows phones :) there is always at least one HTC, and last time i visited, there were 520, 630 (i think), 720, 925, 930, 1020 and 1520...

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I hear all the alternative stores / web stores to buy (order) a Windows phone, BUT ...
most people go to their local carrier store to buy a new phone. The initial tactile impression is what sells so many phones, people (in general) don't care what OS it's running, it has to work & look nice (beauty in the eyes of the beholder).

That being said, MS is missing the boat, hold the carriers tails to the fire - if they get an exclusive, they need to sell x amount devices, their marketing will improve. The other issue is being able to hold the phone, handle it (came up as a significant issue w the Lumia 1520) is important - even to me & I think I'm knowledgeable about mobile phones.

When people see a Windows phone, they generally are impressed - the issue is getting more people to see a Windows phone, working as it should, demo'd by knowledgeable sales staff. They probably need secret shoppers to go into stores, ask for a Windows phone, then hold the sales staff responsible, when they deride the phone.

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
AT&T stores in my area carry a bunch of WP phones, even in the smaller stores (in small towns).

People want to hold and look at items before they buy them. And for a lot of us, we do not have a Microsoft store anywhere near us. I'd have to go 73 miles to find one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6