Received My FreedomCase!

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I took part in the FreedomCase crowd funding campaign last spring and finally received my case for my Surface RT a few weeks ago.

I am not involved in any way with the manufacture or distribution of this product. I just wanted to chime in and let you guys know that I think this case is amazing!

I was a bit skeptical when I first saw that you had to slide the kickstand into a pocket to attach the case to the tablet, but it fits so precisely and it's unobtrusive. The best part about that particular design is that your entire screen is unobstructed. The other case that I was using required you to detach the keyboard and slide the tablet into a "frame" and then reattach the keyboard. The frame would obstruct most of the the bezel - which made it difficult sometimes to perform the swiping motions needed to reveal the charms bar or navigate to other applications or close applications. The Freedom Case design gives you the whole pane of glass to work with.

I got the leather PU version and it is much slimmer than any other case I have looked at. The magnetic closure is strong, looks sharp and gives the case a clean, tight look when it's all closed up and it feels great in your hand. You can use the case with or without the keyboard attached.

When in use, the case folds up on itself to create multiple viewing angles - including a real life, truly "lappapble" option. It takes a few minutes to get the hang of how to fold the cover to create the angles, gut once you get the concept, it's very intuitive. (They have a short YouTube video that walks you through the "origami".) The other great thing about the design is that when you have folded the cover back, it disappears and it doesn't look like there is a case on your Suface.

I am super happy with my purchase and hope that the guys behind this product continue to innovate. I'm a huge fan!

FreedomCase: Adjustable Stand and Case for Microsoft Surface Tablets

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Nice! Thanks for posting. I almost bought this but my Surface was taken away by my niece overseas (in May) and she could not wait until September so I ended up getting her a Type Cover 2 instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa