How Many Of You Will Use 4K when Debian Red arrives?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I am quite impressed with how seriously Microsoft is taking photography, they showed some pretty impressive upgrades in the speed and functionality of the new Lumia/Nokia Camera.

For those of you lucky people that own a Snapdragon 800 device(Icon, 930, 1520) you'll get 4K recording at 24 fps, and since 4K is roughly 8 megapixels you'll be able to later extract images from the video.

In my opinion this is a great addition, however because of the 24 FPS limitation I wouldn't use it when I'm shooting a fast object, what about you guys?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I am quite impressed with how seriously Microsoft is taking photography, they showed some pretty impressive upgrades in the speed and functionality of the new Lumia/Nokia Camera.

For those of you lucky people that own a Snapdragon 800 device(Icon, 930, 1520) you'll get 4K recording at 24 fps, and since 4K is roughly 8 megapixels you'll be able to later extract images from the video.

In my opinion this is a great addition, however because of the 24 FPS limitation I wouldn't use it when I'm shooting a fast object, what about you guys?

Why would I use it? The screen is 1080p and I don't have any other 4k devices. I'd take 60fps video recording over 4k any day!

(it's lumia Denim btw)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Why would I use it? The screen is 1080p and I don't have any other 4k devices. I'd take 60fps video recording over 4k any day!

(it's lumia Denim btw)

Recording in 4K would make your videos, somewhat "future proof" but other than that, if Nokia had added a 1080p 60 FPS mode, I would definitely use it more than the 4K mode as well.

But still adding 4K via a software update is pretty impressive, especially considering that most OEMs would've launched a new device altogether with 4K recording capabilities, pissing off the users of the 1520.

And I'm sorry I didn't know it was Lumia Denim, I hope a moderator corrects this. :p

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
No interest at all in this, hopefully the option remains to use 720p

I don't think my current device supports this (925) so not an issue at the moment

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I love the idea but likely won't bother for everyday use. If I'm recording some special moment (a wedding, for example) then I'll use 4k. There's really no reason not to other than storage space and editing capabilities of your computer. I think it's pretty awesome that we're getting 4k without having to buy a new phone.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I love the idea but likely won't bother for everyday use. If I'm recording some special moment (a wedding, for example) then I'll use 4k. There's really no reason not to other than storage space and editing capabilities of your computer. I think it's pretty awesome that we're getting 4k without having to buy a new phone.

Yes exactly!

The Xperia Z1 had 4K capable hardware but Sony gave pretty BS excuses for not giving the device 4K.

+1 to Nokia/Microsoft!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos