Less can still be more

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Oh the good ol' days of randomly scrolling up and down the start screen just to look at those beautiful live tiles. But things got more complicated. We went from two tile sizes to three. We got an extra column, and background images, and folders! Windows Phone's good ol' start screen can get very complicated and messy. It was starting to become a pain to keep my tiles looking neat and organized.

Then I remembered one of the biggest reasons I fell in love with Windows Phone, for its simplicity. I started by slimming my start screen down to my most essential apps. Now everything I need is immediately accessible. A clean start screen is an effective one! The other 60+ apps I have can stay hidden away until I absolutely need them. Plus, it's much easier to cycle through background photos without the need to rearrange my start screen so everything looks "nice."

I think you should try simplifying your start screen if your apps are getting unwieldy. You might appreciate your start screen a lot more afterwards.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Almost as simple as mine... lol

wp_ss_20140904_0001.jpg

I've actually been meaning to do that. Might give it a shot tonight! Thanks for the reminder!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I would like to add that I've since done the correct thing and replaced the standard Calendar app with Simple Calender, lol.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have many apps in the start screen because the app list can't be sorted.
I'd like to sort the app list by most used first, or newest first as in Windows 8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb