Lumia 830 and 735 Not Coming to the US?

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
According to Paul Thurrott, these phones aren't coming to the US.

With New Lumias, Microsoft Tries to Nudge Windows Phone Market Upstream | Paul Thurrotts WinInfo content from Windows IT Pro

Any confirmation? And if it's true, are you disappointed?

I was kind of looking towards the 830, since the 930 doesn't look like it's ever coming to T-Mobile and thought for sure the 830 would come, but the processor is a big let down for me anyway so I'm not that disappointed. I'll just pick up the One (M8) for Windows when it arrives.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't care for either like it's time for a phone to compete with the note 4 and the iPhone 6 why come out with mid range phones comparing them with the iPhone 5s and galaxy s5 when their new phones are being announced this month **** a stupid idea

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found any confirmation although the Windows Phone blog lists prices in Euros and nothing else.

So disappointing. I wish they would at least acknowledge the US market with a hint that something may be coming (assuming there is.) If there isn't something coming then it's a colossal MS screw up - and they're good at screwing stuff up.

I know they have more market share in select European (and other countries) than they do in the US, but throw us a bone. Something...anything.

osallent

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
For what its worth, I heard from my T-Mobile rep that they received training on new Lumina phones that haven't come out yet, so I suspect there are plans to eventually bring the Lumina 735 or 830 stateside. Have patience.

He also said that they received training on a higher end WP, though he wouldn't comment on the specific phone. Maybe the HTC?

Last edited:

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
For what its worth, I heard from my T-Mobile rep that they received training on new Lumina phones that haven't come out yet, so I suspect there are plans to eventually bring the Lumina 735 or 830 stateside. Have patience.

He also said that they received training on a higher end WP, though he wouldn't comment on the specific phone. Maybe the HTC?

Even under Microsoft, Nokia still shuns the U.S. market | CITEworld

All T-Mobile is getting for sure is the Lumia 530 and the One (M8) for Windows. Maybe that 1525 will come too.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Both devices show a link for US/EN webpages and an e-mail request for updates of availability in stores.
I take this as both phones will be offered for US carriers eventually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99