So Microsoft made some changes to the way Wallet works on Windows Phone 8.1, i.e. decoupling the wireless payment stuff and depending on banks et. al to provide apps directly. Looking at what Apple's done (i.e. adopt basically the same model as WP8), would it be a good idea for Microsoft to re-couple wireless payment to the Wallet?
    09-09-2014 08:34 PM
    I'm shocked that Microsoft doesn't have a Wallet solution yet.
    Joe Dubya and bilzkh like this.
    09-09-2014 10:52 PM
    I'm shocked that Microsoft doesn't have a Wallet solution yet.
    I always thought the bottleneck to the WP8 solution was the banks and carriers, but doesn't Google Wallet have a workaround enabling NFC wireless payments?

Anyways, I have to give Apple credit for its Secure Element system. It would be nice, very nice, if this became a standard everyone else could adopt.
    09-10-2014 02:01 AM
    The Wallet is where I keep all my passwords to different account. I can access them once I enter my PW but I can no longer enter a new entry just by typing it in. WTH? Is there any other place I can keep secret info on my phone that needs a PW to get to?
    09-11-2014 01:49 PM
    The Wallet is where I keep all my passwords to different account. I can access them once I enter my PW but I can no longer enter a new entry just by typing it in. WTH? Is there any other place I can keep secret info on my phone that needs a PW to get to?
    I use LastPass. It is primarily a password vault/generator, but you can also create secure notes that are password/PIN protected.
    09-12-2014 10:47 AM