The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Matador is a fictional television program on the El Rey network, which follows the exploits of Tony Bravo, an undercover agent posing as a pro soccer player as his cover to infiltrate a criminal organization using a fictitious MLS team as a front.

Besides being a surprisingly good show for something so low budget, Windows Phones fans should be interested in Matador, as the show exists in a fictional world where every phone is a Windows Phone, every tablet is a Surface, and every computer runs Windows. In the nine episodes of Matador that I have seen so far, I have seen just about every model of Lumia make an appearance for some on screen time. Needless to say, Microsoft is a big sponsor for the show; either that, or show runners, Roberto Orci, and Alex Kurtzman, are huge Windows Phone fans.

Even though it is all fiction, can you imagine living in that nirvana, a world where Windows Phones, and Surface tablets are as commonplace, as Android phones, and iPads are in the real world? Well, for one hour every Tuesday evening, you can. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/MatadorElRey
    Matador (U.S. TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by TachyonicCargo; 09-10-2014 at 10:37 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-10-2014 10:22 PM
    That's interesting. I never heard of that channel before, but I see that it isn't available on any cable companies here.
    09-10-2014 10:27 PM
    That's interesting. I never heard of that channel before, but I see that it isn't available on any cable companies here.
    El Rey is a fairly new cable network (literally 2013), with some surprising contributors for it's content. El Rey (TV network) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    09-10-2014 10:45 PM
    El Rey is a fairly new cable network (literally 2013), with some surprising contributors for it's content. El Rey (TV network) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I actually did read that Wiki before I posted. We don't have Comcast here at all, and Time-Warner here doesn't have that channel. I don't even have cable, and none of my family/friends have Time-Warner anyway. They have: WOW, Cox or AT&T Uverse.
    09-10-2014 10:59 PM
    I simply meant, that new networks usually take a few years to get picked up by all cable/satellite carriers. And with El Rey being so new, that it has not been out long enough to have been vetted, evaluated, and get picked up by every carrier.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-14-2014 09:51 PM
    I simply meant, that new networks usually take a few years to get picked up by all cable/satellite carriers. And with El Rey being so new, that it has not been out long enough to have been vetted, evaluated, and get picked up by every carrier.
    Hopefully more carriers will pick them up. It sounds like they have some good shows.
    09-14-2014 11:14 PM