Should Microsoft Abandon WP as a lost and work on services for iOS and Android? Which they kind of do already

Or Embrace It And Grow it 100% instead of 50% supporting it?

Personally I prefer Third Party OS keeps more choices etc.
    09-13-2014 04:02 PM
    I am still looking through the Microsoft by-laws to try and find where they can't do both.

Growing WP can happen, but it is taking a ton longer then I ever thought it would. How they approach the Threshold update for WP, brand it, and get other OEMs to support it will show once and for all if MS can get WP over the hump and into double-digit % of worldwide OS sales. I suspect we will all be very happy with how this is approached. I vote we give this new alliance with Nokia handset division, a new CEO, and all the new OEMs a shot.

In the meantime, Android and iOS are where the sales and the money is, and it only makes good business sense for MS to take advantage of that. Get Bing services, MSN news links, One Drive, Word/Excel, Azure services, XBOX Music and all their other dozen or so properties on those OS's and stay a billion dollar company. Having those services on Android, iOS, and the professional leaning BB10 just makes for more cash rolling in.

Too positive? Sorry, just how I roll.
    09-14-2014 12:37 AM
    Microsoft clearly feels services is an important part of their future. As such I agree with Snowmutt. They will support other platforms while at the same time growing their own which will become the "premium" display platform for these services. Google even does it with iOS so I see no reason why MS shouldn't. The key difference should be that they need to stop treating their WIndows users as second class citizens.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-14-2014 07:14 AM
    I think everyone would be on board if they were growing all the services across the platforms AT THE SAME FREAKING TIME.
    As it stands its Android, then iOS (or vice versa or at the same time), then somewhere down the line if time permits or if the android/ios versions are good enough MAYBE their own windows platform version gets some small update that still doesn't have the featureset of the ios and android versions......
    09-16-2014 10:50 PM
    As it stands its Android, then iOS (or vice versa or at the same time), then somewhere down the line if time permits or if the android/ios versions are good enough MAYBE their own windows platform version gets some small update that still doesn't have the featureset of the ios and android versions......
    WP is in a transition to WinRT. It doesn't make sense to invest resources in improving the current apps. Probably many of the those apps will be replaced by universal apps.

If Microsoft doesn't improve the apps once 8.1 is fully deployed, then I'd agree.
    09-17-2014 02:04 AM