View Poll Results: Will Microsoft lift the lid on a wearable???

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes...now shut up and take my money....

14 35.00%
  • I do not know

3 7.50%
  • No

23 57.50%
09-21-2014 11:22 AM
44 12
tools
    i hope Microsoft brings something that can give competition to Apple new iPhone......
    They already have lots that give competition to the iPhone.
    09-17-2014 06:18 AM
    The event will be about Windows 9 for all devices. Unlikely they will show any new hardware but nice if they do.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-17-2014 06:19 AM
    Waffles and coffee will be served at the back of the room.
    Hopefully this isn't the highlight of the whole event!
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-17-2014 07:04 AM
    Here's what I think may be announced. 1. The planned end of the Nokia name on Lumia devices. 2. The removal of the word phone from the windows phone products. 3. A windows powered wearable device. 4. The launch of Xbox phone, and or Xbox tablet powered by Windows. Not to far fetched. Microsoft did buy the portion of Nokia that made Ngage. And finally Microsoft's multiplatform plans. From game consoles, to Smartphones. And with the mojang purchase I am sure they have major plan's for Playstation and Nintendo. It is not to far fetched. They have games on steam.
    09-17-2014 07:48 AM
    Here's what I think may be announced. 1. The planned end of the Nokia name on Lumia devices. 2. The removal of the word phone from the windows phone products. 3. A windows powered wearable device. 4. The launch of Xbox phone, and or Xbox tablet powered by Windows. Not to far fetched. Microsoft did buy the portion of Nokia that made Ngage. And finally Microsoft's multiplatform plans. From game consoles, to Smartphones. And with the mojang purchase I am sure they have major plan's for Playstation and Nintendo. It is not to far fetched. They have games on steam.
    I hope they have..
    Xgage - XBox phone One
    XLgage - XBox phone tablet/laptop/laplet
    first Windows 8.1 Phone (no, not windows phone 8.1)
    - Surface Phone RT - running windows RT 8.1, 6 inch screen
    - Surface Phone Pro - running windows 8.1 Pro, 6 inch screen
    - Surface Phone One (or Surface Phone Unite) - running windows RT 8.1 and windows phone 8.1, 6 inch screen
    - Surface Phone One Pro (or Surface Phone Unite Pro) - running windows 8.1 Pro and windows phone 8.1, 6 inch screen

Surface Phone One (or Surface Phone Unite) and Surface Phone One Pro (or Surface Phone Unite Pro) feature:
    -IntelliChange:
    -fast OS switching, using 2 customized RAM to optimize the power of OS, also reducing the power requirement.
    -When first OS is running, and want to run another OS, the first OS will use up 5% of CPU and GPU for running OS, second OS took up to 90% of CPU and GPU (5% for emergency situation).
    -If first OS is Windows Phone, then it took 10% of CPU and GPU (for calling task), when someone is calling, the system use it to instant sqitch to Windows Phone OS.
    -allow to use data network with Windows Phone OS and share it to Windows OS.

-IntelliBattery: feature TRIO battery, 1 for Windows OS, 1 for Windows Phone OS, 1 for temporary (only available for WP as default, changeable in setting)

-IntelliDisplay: using Windows 8.1 Split Screen as idea, you can display Windows Phone OS and Windows OS at the same time, and allow to adjust screen size, Windows Phone are allowed to use up to 40% of CPU and GPU, while Windows are 55% (5% for emergency), when exceeded, it will use up the empty CPU and GPU % of another OS, if all CPU used up, a pop-up warning will display
    JUST AN IDEA, NOT REAL!!
    09-17-2014 09:56 AM
    Windows 9 and that is all. Microsoft is late to the smartwatch game (and seeing as how they are a gimmick bound to flop) it wouldnt be wise for them to enter it now given the terrible developer support Microsoft has right now.
    09-17-2014 10:01 AM
    They already have lots that give competition to the iPhone.
    Not really, as much as I hate to say it Windows Phone really has nothing better to offer. The 930 is the closest yet, but its still lacking developer support and third party support (for cases and the like)
    09-17-2014 10:03 AM
    Lookin forward to DirectX 12
    09-17-2014 10:30 AM
    Ummm.. This is an enterprise level event. You'll get Windows 9. Vey doubtful that anything else will be discussed or announced above a broad strategy statement.
    a5cent likes this.
    09-17-2014 10:41 AM
    Hope they tell us about the features of windows phone 9 or windows 9 for phone or whatever they name the next version
    09-17-2014 12:08 PM
    Please, no wearables announcement. Kill it with fire.
    1) MS already has too many hands in the tech cookie jar. Stop spreading yourselves thin.
    2) wearables are a total waste of time and money when you have a plethora of things you could be fixing/improving on your platforms
    3) wearables are a waste of time and money, period. Such an over-priced gimmick.....
    4) See number 2
    5) Prepare for the "another-worthless-MS-product-they-always-late-to-the-party-as-usual" comments from everyone but MS fans
    6) See number 2
    09-17-2014 02:32 PM
    MSFT: The future is now!
    09-17-2014 05:34 PM
    MSFT: The future is now
    09-17-2014 05:35 PM
    With all the leaks that normally come out before any type of announcements I'm not expecting any surprises.

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2014 05:45 PM
    I think they would not release an wearables yet. But I have a very strong feeling that the Windows 9 would be released for all the platforms altogether , PC , tablet and phone but the preview availability may vary. Also as Microsoft is pushing more on Universal apps so I think it would be an event where they would make an announcement of even more tighter integration b/w their OS's & the universal apps
    09-18-2014 05:31 AM
    i hope Microsoft brings something that can give competition to Apple new iPhone......
    What, like 4 year old specs...? lol
    rex.reyesiii likes this.
    09-18-2014 06:05 AM
    What, like 4 year old specs...? lol
    Yes and the magical and revolutionary 64bit os. Ha ha
    09-21-2014 11:10 AM
    Well after a listen to Windows Weekly over on twit, the event is not going to be streamed on line, it is just a demo of some new ideas in Windows 9/Threshold.

#sadface
    09-21-2014 11:17 AM
    I would hope they would announce some tight integration between windows and windows phone but seeing as how its not a live streamed event I dont see them doing much more than announcing windows related stuff...but I would hope they would do.some.continuity stuff with the phone but I dint see that happening not at this event...I think build will be where we see all the goodness
    09-21-2014 11:22 AM
44 12