Sept 30th Event....will Microsoft Suprise Us???

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Call me crazy but I have the feeling Microsoft will pop the top on a wearable Watch. I also have the feeling any watch that is introduced will be a Windows Only to start, and they will add support for ios/Android later down the line.

This is not going to be a introduce and sell, this will be a brief overview, with I will guess a Q2 Launch 2015.

Yes I know the event is for Windows 9 Tech Preview...but I have the feeling creeping in that they are waking up to the fact if they don't answer back to Apple's Event they will end up dead on arrival.

Any one else think they may provide a shock or two at the Sept. 30th Event?????

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How about they surprise us with a half decent flagship phone? That would be nice.

As for a wearable. IF they release one they better, 1) make it have a fantastic battery life, 2) make it compatible with all devices, 3) give more details about it than Apple gave about theirs 4) make it stylish

If they fail at any of those it will flop.

typhon62_1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I really wish they'd surprise us with something, anything. I could care less about wearables, I'd like to see a new 5"ish high end phone come to AT&T.
We'll see. I'm not expecting anything, so I hope I'll be surprised!

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully they'll surprise us. Microsoft really needs an earth shattering product... Something that'll make them the talk of the town

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Everyone forgot
The event is about "Windows" only and as of now the "Phone" from "Windows Phone" ha not been dropped officially, so I am guessing this event will only focus on Windows.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I hope beyond hope that they do. But realisitically I do not think that they will and certainly not for wearables. They have to work ahead in other areas IMO before they start thinking wearables.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I think they will show all versions of Windows 9.... PC, Phone and tablet (rt) and hopefully, some REALLY tight integration across all 3. maybe a new flagship phone that will officially be the 1st phone going by windows instead of windows phone?

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Steam/Origin app with highDPI and Touch support?
A smartwatch that support Cortana and 5 days battery?
Streaming PC/Xbox gameplay to WP (like Wii U or PS vita) and Xbox Gamepad for WP?
Blur transparent interactive live title?

Ha ha ha... never happen... I'm just joking! :(

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Satya will tell us something like "The synergies of strategic alignment in the co-evolution of importance to the cloud centric vision is critical to the innovation of fundamental success in this multidimensional platform agnostic customer demand"
Can't wait.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Dreaming....for a "wearable device" but, it will be just that...A dream. Even a 3rd party one that FULLY works with Windows Phone is STILL a dream.

On the 30th, Microsoft will announce Windows 9 (or what ever it will be called) and it will go through feature by feature to push it to 2-3 hours, then announce the public preview release (I hope it's on the 30th). If the Windows Phone name is said, it will be just about the Name changes....

I would be SHOCKED if there was more given at that point, a watch ? Now your dreaming...

Of course I voted NO, as I KNOW they wont show anything like this....but, I would LOVE to be proven wrong here :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb