Sept 30th Event....will Microsoft Suprise Us???

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I really wish they'd surprise us with something, anything. I could care less about wearables, I'd like to see a new 5"ish high end phone come to AT&T.
We'll see. I'm not expecting anything, so I hope I'll be surprised!

How about no way! At&t already has the 1520. Send Verizon a cool flagship phone!

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see a reveal of a new Surface RT device, seeing as this is about the time it usually happens. Perhaps the mini will be made available and Microsoft will complement the reveal with information regarding upgrading all existing WP8 and RT devices to the new, unified OS.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It'll be underwhelming for the most part.

There's going to be some PowerPoints of screens for Windows 9, some video, and talk about how great the start menu and the hybrid tablet/desktop features are. Developers will learn when they can get their hands on the preview and how to sign up. Cortana for desktop won't be there.

Waffles and coffee will be served at the back of the room.

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I think may be announced. 1. The planned end of the Nokia name on Lumia devices. 2. The removal of the word phone from the windows phone products. 3. A windows powered wearable device. 4. The launch of Xbox phone, and or Xbox tablet powered by Windows. Not to far fetched. Microsoft did buy the portion of Nokia that made Ngage. And finally Microsoft's multiplatform plans. From game consoles, to Smartphones. And with the mojang purchase I am sure they have major plan's for Playstation and Nintendo. It is not to far fetched. They have games on steam.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I think may be announced. 1. The planned end of the Nokia name on Lumia devices. 2. The removal of the word phone from the windows phone products. 3. A windows powered wearable device. 4. The launch of Xbox phone, and or Xbox tablet powered by Windows. Not to far fetched. Microsoft did buy the portion of Nokia that made Ngage. And finally Microsoft's multiplatform plans. From game consoles, to Smartphones. And with the mojang purchase I am sure they have major plan's for Playstation and Nintendo. It is not to far fetched. They have games on steam.

I hope they have..
Xgage - XBox phone One
XLgage - XBox phone tablet/laptop/laplet
first Windows 8.1 Phone (no, not windows phone 8.1)
- Surface Phone RT - running windows RT 8.1, 6 inch screen
- Surface Phone Pro - running windows 8.1 Pro, 6 inch screen
- Surface Phone One (or Surface Phone Unite) - running windows RT 8.1 and windows phone 8.1, 6 inch screen
- Surface Phone One Pro (or Surface Phone Unite Pro) - running windows 8.1 Pro and windows phone 8.1, 6 inch screen

Surface Phone One (or Surface Phone Unite) and Surface Phone One Pro (or Surface Phone Unite Pro) feature:
-IntelliChange:
-fast OS switching, using 2 customized RAM to optimize the power of OS, also reducing the power requirement.
-When first OS is running, and want to run another OS, the first OS will use up 5% of CPU and GPU for running OS, second OS took up to 90% of CPU and GPU (5% for emergency situation).
-If first OS is Windows Phone, then it took 10% of CPU and GPU (for calling task), when someone is calling, the system use it to instant sqitch to Windows Phone OS.
-allow to use data network with Windows Phone OS and share it to Windows OS.

-IntelliBattery: feature TRIO battery, 1 for Windows OS, 1 for Windows Phone OS, 1 for temporary (only available for WP as default, changeable in setting)

-IntelliDisplay: using Windows 8.1 Split Screen as idea, you can display Windows Phone OS and Windows OS at the same time, and allow to adjust screen size, Windows Phone are allowed to use up to 40% of CPU and GPU, while Windows are 55% (5% for emergency), when exceeded, it will use up the empty CPU and GPU % of another OS, if all CPU used up, a pop-up warning will display
JUST AN IDEA, NOT REAL!!

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Windows 9 and that is all. Microsoft is late to the smartwatch game (and seeing as how they are a gimmick bound to flop) it wouldnt be wise for them to enter it now given the terrible developer support Microsoft has right now.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ummm.. This is an enterprise level event. You'll get Windows 9. Vey doubtful that anything else will be discussed or announced above a broad strategy statement.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Please, no wearables announcement. Kill it with fire.
1) MS already has too many hands in the tech cookie jar. Stop spreading yourselves thin.
2) wearables are a total waste of time and money when you have a plethora of things you could be fixing/improving on your platforms
3) wearables are a waste of time and money, period. Such an over-priced gimmick.....
4) See number 2
5) Prepare for the "another-worthless-MS-product-they-always-late-to-the-party-as-usual" comments from everyone but MS fans
6) See number 2

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
With all the leaks that normally come out before any type of announcements I'm not expecting any surprises.

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk

guri21

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I think they would not release an wearables yet. But I have a very strong feeling that the Windows 9 would be released for all the platforms altogether , PC , tablet and phone but the preview availability may vary. Also as Microsoft is pushing more on Universal apps so I think it would be an event where they would make an announcement of even more tighter integration b/w their OS's & the universal apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss