If Scotland goes independent, may we get a Scottish Cortana?!

rafaldo

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Right now she has a British *cough* English accent, which in my opinion really takes away from the Cortana experience in itself, but being from Scotland I would love to hear the sound of a Scottish Cortana, especially if we were to go independent!
Not very likely I know but the thought just crossed my mind today...

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
So you mean if we want Cortana is fully available in Vietnam, we have to become 3 different independent countries because we have up to 3 accents: north, mid and south?

I never understand why people of Scotland always complain and want to independent. (stereotype things on internet)

rafaldo

May 13, 2014
Visit site
So you mean if we want Cortana is fully available in Vietnam, we have to become 3 different independent countries because we have up to 3 accents: north, mid and south?

I never understand why people of Scotland always complain and want to independent. (stereotype things on internet)

A lot of people in Scotland feel strongly about having control of our own future and not being dictated by Westminster. We have voted for a government that has never been elected for the past 20 or so years, and the general consensus is that we can be prosperous without being in the UK.
Don't get me wrong, it will be financially hard to begin with, but we Scots will tough it together.
And I can't be the only one unhappy with Cortana's accent in the UK...

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
A lot of people in Scotland feel strongly about having control of our own future and not being dictated by Westminster. We have voted for a government that has never been elected for the past 20 or so years, and the general consensus is that we can be prosperous without being in the UK.
Don't get me wrong, it will be financially hard to begin with, but we Scots will tough it together.

I think you will find that over the past elections that the government who the majority of Scotland voted for got elected. Bearing in mind that a lot of people don't vote and the ones who complain about the government most are generally those who don't vote!

And this is coming from a very proud Scot born and raised. It really urkes me when my people constantly dreg up the past.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Now with regard to your voicing of cortana point. I think if she were a weegie she would annoy me too much. I think the English language version of cortana should be voiced by Jen Taylor regardless of whether you live in the states or not

doob9911

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I feel your mind. Irish, Welsh and Scottish...I know your sad history after Norman Conquest. I could feel them on UK drama like doctor who(Karen Gillan) and torchwood(Eve Myles). Good Luck!

BTW Don't expect cortana.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Im in and from London, all you need to do is look at the GDP per head in Scotland and England to see why Westminster does not want to let Scotland go. Scotland will prosper without a yes vote and England will suffer unless they **** things up in which case they will be back :)

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site

Your words is full of propaganda stuff. You really think that financially hard situation can really solved?
A lot of country got independent or unification (like Vietnam) but still poor.

Unless your country are in the state of Hong Kong right now, I can't understand your people.
Have you ever thought that there are some group of super rich people who want to separate Scotland from UK and make them richer?
I heard that Scotland have a lot of oil... (i hope you can understand what i want to say there...)

I'm using Cortana UK and somehow she hear me talking better. Effect from watching Doctor Who? :(

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
*sees thread*

*THREAD STARTS TO SPIN OUT OF CONTROL*

*Jas00555 takes the wheel*

I think that, for now, they'll combine it all under "English", but it'll eventually be Scottish, if they so choose it to have that accent in the first place.

On a side note, I think it would be kind of funny if Cortana stopped working in Scotland becaud it's only available "in the UK"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos