Another Disappointing WP BASHING... Subtle

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Cheap windows phones like Lumia 520 are much better for kids than cheap androids or expensive iPhones.Break the iPhone and it will cost hundreds of dollars loss and super expensive to fix and cheap androids suck so something easy to use as windows phone with build quality of nokia = best for kids.

Agree with you, but there are still too many kid games and apps not available on WP that their friends are playing- trust me, I went through that and finally just got a cheap android tablet instead. Enterprise is about the only strong use for WP right now, everything else is up to the consumer who is willing to tolerate not having apps right away.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Agree with you, but there are still too many kid games and apps not available on WP that their friends are playing- trust me, I went through that and finally just got a cheap android tablet instead. Enterprise is about the only strong use for WP right now, everything else is up to the consumer who is willing to tolerate not having apps right away.

Alot of it depends on the she of the kids. My daughter has an iPhone 5S and used my phone more. Her mom got her the iPhone so it wasn't my fault 😉. She's nine, and lives the games in WP. She's not concerned with playing online with her friends. At least not now. That is really the only disadvantage of having a WP when it comes to games. There are enough quality games but they're not always going to be the trending games, or cross platform.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I also have a 9 year old girl and it wasn't the online gaming it was friends that would show her a new cool games and she would look for it on her Windows Phone 521 and it wasn't there. Minecraft also was a big issue. Microsoft buying Mahjong came a little too late. It's also getting a little frustrating for me lately too- my Credit Union came out with a new banking app and of course no WP app, been without my car for over a week and wanted to still listen to Sirius today and of course no WP app. It's starting to make me question things too lately.

Last edited:

Tarek Salami

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
at least there is offline maps & cortana in Windows Phone .... does Apple iphone 6 have Apps like Here maps or Cortana ...please provide App name if exist

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
at least there is offline maps & cortana in Windows Phone .... does Apple iphone 6 have Apps like Here maps or Cortana ...please provide App name if exist

HERE is coming for Samsung phones. Siri is Apple's Cortana. I will probably go Android (if I decide) since they have phones that support the same Qi wireless I am already using.

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone is the weed of this era, in the 90's you had to smoke weed in order to look "cool" in front of your dumb dudes... now you need to own the iPhone to be cool among your dumb hipsters friends... times changes, but the idiotic behavior is still the same.
so Apple has introduced a healthy way for ppl to be cool, good job

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I bank with Navy Federal so I know the feeling, but I've pinned the official website which I can do anything the app can and more. The app is a,luxury not a necessity. I think with MSFT owning Mahjong is a gem waiting to take form, if MSFT is smart. Cortana although still a neophyte is light years ahead of Siri with location notifications, motion notifications and app integration. Anyone looking at leaving the platform now I'm sure will find themselves coming back with Threshold and WP9. The time is now for WP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3