Another Disappointing WP BASHING... Subtle

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Watching Twit "Before you buy" have a review of the Lumia 1320 WP. Although it is a mid/low range device and Mike Elgan did give it a buy... It was one of leo's comments that really shows the lack of support for WP and Lumia devices.

Leo basically said that if his kids break another iPhone there getting a lumia as a form of punishment. Come on. This kind of comments in a review really don't help support for MS or WP.

Also, Mike really did not know anything about the phone OS or Hardware. He did not even know what Lumia Black was or that it has already been updated to Cyan. I really think that Twit and most other reviewers look at WP and lumias as just a Settle for device. MS really needs to get off their buts and fix this negative image.

[video]http://twit.tv/show/before-you-buy/140[/video]

KC

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Watching Twit "Before you buy" have a review of the Lumia 1320 WP. Although it is a mid/low range device and Mike Elgan did give it a buy... It was one of leo's comments that really shows the lack of support for WP and Lumia devices.

Leo basically said that if his kids break another iPhone there getting a lumia as a form of punishment. Come on. This kind of comments in a review really don't help support for MS or WP.

Also, Mike really did not know anything about the phone OS or Hardware. He did not even know what Lumia Black was or that it has already been updated to Cyan. I really think that Twit and most other reviewers look at WP and lumias as just a Settle for device. MS really needs to get off their buts and fix this negative image.

[video]http://twit.tv/show/before-you-buy/140[/url]

KC

I really can't understand why would people comment on an OS which they don't know
& buying kids a WP! That would be considered as a gift, not a punishment

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone = punishment in a kid's eyes. You'd think a kid would be overjoyed to have a smartphone that allowed them to do virtually anything. But no, it MUST be IPHONEZZZZ or I WILL DIE!

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone is the weed of this era, in the 90's you had to smoke weed in order to look "cool" in front of your dumb dudes... now you need to own the iPhone to be cool among your dumb hipsters friends... times changes, but the idiotic behavior is still the same.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone is the weed of this era, in the 90's you had to smoke weed in order to look "cool" in front of your dumb dudes... now you need to own the iPhone to be cool among your dumb hipsters friends... times changes, but the idiotic behavior is still the same.

Perfect analogy...

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry, the will know they were wrong once Microsoft release Nokia Lumia 1030 with latest Windows Phone 9 (or 8.1 GDR 2)
All developer will now want to create app for Windows Phone.
Later, people stop buying Android and i****, people who make fun on Windows Phone will realize they were DEADLY WRONG.
Once Apple found out Windows Phone was better than their i****, they were worried, and pay to lots of review company to shine their product (like smartarena, gsmarena, techradar etc. No, Apple doesn't need to pay to CNet, cause CNet IS iSheep forever and ever, and CNet will become a do-not-trust company)

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I stopped listening to Windows Weekly because as much as I like Paul Thurrot, Leo Laporte annoys the crap out of me. I find What the Tech a more balanced podcast that Paul is on at least and of course I like his site a lot. I feel like he is similar in tastes to myself and I actualyl find him really balanced when it comes to other technologies unlike most tech pundits who have a "Favorite" and then harp on all the others.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

So does that make us WP users the "Goth" kids in high school...or maybe the "Glee Club" before musicals were cool...I guess that would be pre-Sister Act II? We are happy with ourselves as outcast dorks, get made fun of constantly and nobody other than the crowd we hang out with wants anything to do with us.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
People don't know anything about WP and just go about ranting. What I have seen is people do not want to explore new things. Android and iOS users will continue to use the OS all their lives just because both the companies have a monopoly.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
So does that make us WP users the "Goth" kids in high school...or maybe the "Glee Club" before musicals were cool...I guess that would be pre-Sister Act II? We are happy with ourselves as outcast dorks, get made fun of constantly and nobody other than the crowd we hang out with wants anything to do with us.
That's funny... And true in a way. I though would consider myself in the Heavy metal crowd and wearing a read bandana around my leg. Feels like old times being an Outcast. But I would rather that then a lemming.

doob9911

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah PC users continues to use MS windows as life companion with mobile devices. However mobile os is still on the developing level not like pc os. I don't think Samsung will continue to make galaxy phone. They will ditch android in the future. I don't think Europeans and Chinese will continue to use US based OS. So MS has still opportunity I think.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Ooooh, we are like the Math club in high school. Popular Jocks think we are total losers but in 10-15 years we will probably be doing better in life than them...

My 928 is like that. Instead of flaming out and getting outdated after a year, every update makes my phone even more fun and usable. I feel like I got a new phone with DP 8.1

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem is a larger one than just phones and ecosystems.

The problem is that unqualified personnel are providing reviews as "tech experts". A flashy YouTube video and confidence in their manner will sell many items.

What people should be doing is critical thinking with the following questions:

Why is this person making a video show?

Is this person qualified for this action?

Does he provide a counterpoint for his views?

Generalizations or specifications? How are they justified?

There are two sides to every story. When one only provides one viewpoint, it is not information being provided. That is merely an individual validating his or her choices.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I see now that phone reviews or anything electronic related are hit and miss situations, but I also understand that some people may like what other do not like; this also exist. I watch or read lots of review from various tech sites; some may be professional with the review, some are not quite as professional.

I am not upset about this by no means, i just kinda find it very immature that people categorize different electronics based on human behavior, I am flabbergasted at how this has turned out to be in my opinion.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I apologize in advance if this erks some here... But when in the blue blazes has many of the folks using a Windows Phone become so whiney?

I've seen a few of these types of threads where some people are complaining or getting upset over what some wannabe "journalist" is or isn't saying on some tech site or is being critical of it...

I mean come on, if anyone is so insecure about this platform, that some people actually get upset because of some uneducated pimple faced moron bad mouths your favorite platform... In all honesty... you shouldn't be on it. It is a phone.. that's all. You chose it because You like it not some clown that doesn't.

So what if it seems biased... as long as it is truthful, it shouldn't matter to anyone. Only a very small fraction of people buy a new phone based on any of these clowns reviews, and for those who actually do, oh well.. that's their own ignorance.

The people who know the platform knows it's strenghts and it's weaknesses and that's all that really matters. If you allow yourself to get upset you are only giving them what they want... attention.

If folks are just looking for a vindication for their choices, look elsewhere, and the same for anyone you know that is looking for information, send them here.

If your friends family coworkers need to be told what to think... Send them to the Apple Store

Again I'm sorry

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I apologize in advance if this erks some here... But when in the blue blazes has many of the folks using a Windows Phone become so whiney?

I've seen a few of these types of threads where some people are complaining or getting upset over what some wannabe "journalist" is or isn't saying on some tech site or is being critical of it...

I mean come on, if anyone is so insecure about this platform, that some people actually get upset because of some uneducated pimple faced moron bad mouths your favorite platform... In all honesty... you shouldn't be on it. It is a phone.. that's all. You chose it because You like it not some clown that doesn't.

So what if it seems biased... as long as it is truthful, it shouldn't matter to anyone. Only a very small fraction of people buy a new phone based on any of these clowns reviews, and for those who actually do, oh well.. that's their own ignorance.

The people who know the platform knows it's strenghts and it's weaknesses and that's all that really matters. If you allow yourself to get upset you are only giving them what they want... attention.

If folks are just looking for a vindication for their choices, look elsewhere, and the same for anyone you know that is looking for information, send them here.

If your friends family coworkers need to be told what to think... Send them to the Apple Store

Again I'm sorry

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Well, I don't really care about the pimple faced wanabee tech guy, however, It's does irk me when guys like Leo Laporte, Mike Elgan, and even Verizon itself Always have something bad to say about the platform. These people are taken seriously and they are giving opinions based on Bias because then have not even used the OS or know anything about it. This is bad for MS, and developers and for WP to grow as a platform...

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, I don't really care about the pimple faced wanabee tech guy, however, It's does irk me when guys like Leo Laporte, Mike Elgan, and even Verizon itself Always have something bad to say about the platform. These people are taken seriously and they are giving opinions based on Bias because then have not even used the OS or know anything about it. This is bad for MS, and developers and for WP to grow as a platform...
I can understand the need to stop any of the carriers from dissing the phones, but if any known tech writer is spreading fud , then it needs to be taken up with what ever journal is hosting them.

All USA carriers have contact info available to tell on what ever store is allowing any falsehood about any device being spread or any complaints about the service given.

To give credence to any tech writer who are wrong in their assessment of any phone is futile. If you are the type who gets upset easily about a review... Go to the source and complain, and stop complaining about it where it's not doing anything productive . Point out where they are wrong and ask for a retraction. If they won't, take it on the road to every tech site letting them know what is up. The more people that do this the less likely it will continue.... However... If you just don't like the style of the articles and what is said is correct... then there really isn't that can be done.

Some of these writers aren't as forgiving as many here for something that should be working properly, and many do have favorites with out a doubt, but remember this, many people here are just as biased against any of the other platforms and even some of the oems that isn't Nokia so if those who are complaining are biased, and demand that all of these writers to not be, that's just being hypocritical.

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I stopped listening to Windows Weekly because as much as I like Paul Thurrot, Leo Laporte annoys the crap out of me.

I've been following WW and actually I think most of Leo's jabs at Microsoft are usually done in tongue-in-cheek manner (which Paul does sometimes as well), he is pretty in tune with the usual criticism which floats on the web regarding WP and repeat them in a sarcastic manner, which doesn't quite come across in tone sometimes. Recently he really liked the 1520 until he accidentally bricked it when performing the DP update and the past few weeks in WW he talked about all the things he was doing to try to revive it, so he doesn't hate WP per se else he wouldn't go to the trouble of doing all that.

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Cheap windows phones like Lumia 520 are much better for kids than cheap androids or expensive iPhones.Break the iPhone and it will cost hundreds of dollars loss and super expensive to fix and cheap androids suck so something easy to use as windows phone with build quality of nokia = best for kids.

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Cheap windows phones like Lumia 520 are much better for kids than cheap androids or expensive iPhones.Break the iPhone and it will cost hundreds of dollars loss and super expensive to fix and cheap androids suck so something easy to use as windows phone with build quality of nokia = best for kids.
Everything you said is true. But phones are NOT for kids under 12 years old maybe even not suitable for that age even. Maybe phone like 1100 Nokia or similar to that,without internet and social networks and etc etc...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3