09-20-2014 11:49 PM
69 123
tools
    If MS has plans to advertise in other countries not US only they will get what they deserve + physical stores are the way to success (my opinion)
    In 24 countries, wp sales have already surpassed iPhone sales. I know in some countries like US, the growth rate has been flat. Lets hope it'll improve
    FAHMI BASSEM and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-20-2014 11:56 AM
    In 24 countries, wp sales have already surpassed iPhone sales. I know in some countries like US, the growth rate has been flat. Lets hope it'll improve
    You must also consider that iPhone is made for people that can afford it, it's priced way higher than the lowest priced Windows Phone.

In the countries where Windows Phone is more popular, I'm pretty sure it's because of budget devices like the 520.

But a lot of the same people always go for Android or iPhone when they get enough money for a flagship.

This is something I've noticed, I could be wrong.
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    09-20-2014 12:32 PM
    Ya agree what you say.But my biggest question to all people who go for low end android is wp is stellar performance in low end unlike laggy androids.still I cant believe how people live with lags nd hangs.it is not a good way to experience apps or even games.it is a strange world ha haaa.
    From Windows phone
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-20-2014 12:35 PM
    Ya agree what you say.But my biggest question to all people who go for low end android is wp is stellar performance in low end unlike laggy androids.still I cant believe how people live with lags nd hangs.it is not a good way to experience apps or even games.it is a strange world ha haaa.
    From Windows phone
    I have a latest gen iPod touch and the new iOS 8 lags like crazy on it. Apple cant even optimize their OS too.
    FAHMI BASSEM and Karthik Naik like this.
    09-20-2014 12:40 PM
    I have a latest gen iPod touch and the new iOS 8 lags like crazy on it. Apple cant even optimize their OS too.
    the same on my ipad
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-20-2014 12:43 PM
    Hey your reply is out of context I compare low end android with low end wp not great iOS.those who are buying iPhones in India are buying it for showing off not using its full features.iPhone in India is like owning Mercedes benze to give you bragging rights.my friends buy iPhone to attract girls that's it.not using full features.it is a great piece to make people small about thier own device.
    From Windows phone
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-20-2014 12:44 PM
    From Windows phone
    good question, I think I've the answer, apps my aunts bought one of the most lagging phones in the world because it has Tango (she don't use it :/) + it needs good reputation , here in Saudi Arabia people still think that Nokia phones are the worst because its history.
    I am really sad because rebranding but it will help WP to grow in SA
    09-20-2014 12:47 PM
    That's why I told strange world good products are not definitely popular product.One thing Ms is ahead of android is user experience which is unmatched even in low end but still failing.i wish atleast people who suffered because of lagging issues in low or mid end android should give wp a chance.what is point in having a phone which freezes when u have to talk.feature phones are better compared to android.android has only one advantage which is apppps nd gamesss.anyway low end android user cannot install all those apps because of low memory problem or crashes.
    From Windows phone
    09-20-2014 12:52 PM
    Hey your reply is out of context I compare low end android with low end wp not great iOS.those who are buying iPhones in India are buying it for showing off not using its full features.iPhone in India is like owning Mercedes benze to give you bragging rights.my friends buy iPhone to attract girls that's it.not using full features.it is a great piece to make people small about thier own device.
    From Windows phone
    If girls in your region are attracted on the basis of what phone a guy has, you need to get the hell out of there.

Just saying.
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    09-20-2014 12:59 PM
    So You are saying WP apps never crashes or have slow loading? Cause I keep reading this about WP which is bull****.
    09-20-2014 12:59 PM
    Hey I meant low end android.if u go cheap in android it will lag or hang or freeze cause an embarrassment.heck Sony xperia c a mid range android laga or hangs sometimes.android in low end is waste even compared to feature phones.my experience.
    From Windows phone
    09-20-2014 01:22 PM
    what I really like is that Nokia Commitment to it's word (connecting people) no matter how much money do you have, and what really shocked my father is that you can get a 6 inches phone for 1000 Ryials (about 266$)
    09-20-2014 01:35 PM
    If girls in your region are attracted on the basis of what phone a guy has, you need to get the hell out of there.

Just saying.
    you do know its a worldwide thing -_-

In all my years with cellphones I have yet to see any explode under normal circumstances, but I can also say that my 1520 got physically hotter than any cellphone I have owned to date after getting the Developer Preview.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Your dead wrong about people not getting tired of the ascetics. Plenty of people do, myself included. Same for the iphones and this is a major problem with WP.

While many are satisfied with what comes out of the box for any platform, there are just as many who enjoy changing things up and gravitate to the platform that allows the most customization solely for that reason. WP has gotten better, but they need to allow more than they have to satisfy more people.

While the purist insist on not allowing things that another platform has to keep it unique, by doing so they are strangling the growth of the platform. What possible difference could it make to allow the various launchers, music and video players as well as browsers to entice those who are on Android and IOS to make the switch? This self defeating bias needs to go away, otherwise WP will continue to languish. Having true multitasking is another issue that needs to be reconciled.

The whole issue is about choice and the individual preferences, and being able to have it as you want it to look regardless of what phone you use.

To much emphasis has been put on not becoming like Android or IOS and I say until WP does it will remain a distant 3rd for platform choice. Apple has realized their mistakes and now is bending to their customers demands and Microsoft has to do the same if things are going to turn around for them. Unfortunately for everyone this isn't going to happen under the current administration since they have elected to bury their heads in the sand and now are trying to change the definition of market share to hide the reality of failure of the platform.

Some people may argue that this is just part of the total integration of WP into the desktop but it is nothing more than a admission of failure to capture a large piece of the mobile phone market over several years of trying to.

WP could easily be the #1 mobile platform of choice if they would really try understand what the public wants their phones to capable of doing and how they look instead of forcing their vision of what they want it to be.

While the app gap is a definite issue, it alone is not the real problem nor the sole reason the platform gets bashed by most reviewers nor is it the underlying cause of dislike of Microsoft.

I agree with you on that Microsoft could change for the better but it will take a fundamental change not only on their part but of many of its users part to do this.

That is the beauty of Android having the ability to make it how you want it.

first off the dev preview on any platform will have bugs even android L heats up on my nexus 5 and 7
    windows phone 8.1 update 1 dev preview used to heat up my 720
    ios 8 heated up my ipad 4
    BB10.3 heated up on my z10
    all thanks to bugs
    every dev version of any os can cause this

as for android letting you do anything you want-with lag,bad battery life and optimisation and no oem feel to anything
    Last edited by Guytronic; 09-20-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    09-20-2014 01:36 PM
    it is not 100% right, here in SA having an IPhone means that you are in high class :/, I know too many people who bought IOS because they want to be cool in some way.
    Nokia is for poor people, I don't know how does these people think??
    09-20-2014 01:40 PM
    That's why I told strange world good products are not definitely popular product.One thing Ms is ahead of android is user experience which is unmatched even in low end but still failing.i wish atleast people who suffered because of lagging issues in low or mid end android should give wp a chance.what is point in having a phone which freezes when u have to talk.feature phones are better compared to android.android has only one advantage which is apppps nd gamesss.anyway low end android user cannot install all those apps because of low memory problem or crashes.
    From Windows phone
    The user experience of Windows Phone being better than Android and iOS is still very debatable, especially due to the lack of games that are even optimized for 512 MB RAM, but even despite that people will still argue with you.

So You are saying WP apps never crashes or have slow loading? Cause I keep reading this about WP which is bull****.
    This.

I used to own a Lumia 520, it isn't as "lagless"of a device as people say it is, the truth is that no OS is completely optimized for cheap hardware.

Hey I meant low end android.if u go cheap in android it will lag or hang or freeze cause an embarrassment.heck Sony xperia c a mid range android laga or hangs sometimes.android in low end is waste even compared to feature phones.my experience.
    From Windows phone
    My Windows Phone also used to hand quite a bit, and it was much more embarrassing for me when an app on Windows Phone didn't:

1) Exist at all.
    2) or did not have features that the Android/iOS version did.

you do know its a worldwide thing -_-
    No, it's not. It's limited to a few regions or specific places.

One of my friends, also a Saudi Arabian, has switched phones too many times to count.

He bought a Lumia 920, broke it. Bought a Nexus 5, cracked the camera, bought an S4 cracked the camera, bought an iPhone 5 just a day or two ago and sold it because he didn't like iOS.

He messaged me today that he bought an HTC One M8 and he'll bring it to college on Monday.

Thoughout the time he's changed phones his popularity hasn't increased in the slightest, in fact some people actually joked around with him telling him that he was stupid for getting an iPhone.

The popularity and social aspect of buying an iPhone is slowly being taken over by Android, maybe Windows Phone also becomes a new and popular thing someday.

first off the dev preview on any platform will have bugs even android L heats up on my nexus 5 and 7
    all thanks to bugs

as for android letting you do anything you want-with lag,bad battery life and optimisation and no oem feel to anything
    Heating up can be related software, but it's being caused a lot more due to phones have improper hear dispersion, especially the newer Snapdragon 800 processor devices.

As far as Android goes, you can criticize it all you want, but it's more popular than Windows Phone in pretty much every place in the world, and there's a reason for that which Windows Phone could learn from.
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    09-20-2014 02:02 PM
    all thanks to bugs

Sorry that is just your generalizing about this. I have no issues with the stock 4.4 m8 or lag of any kind, and the DP is not classified as a beta. Android does allow choice, regardless of the cost of the device to be what ever the individual wants it.

09-20-2014 03:41 PM
    Sorry that is just your generalizing about this. I have no issues with the stock 4.4 m8 or lag of any kind, and the DP is not classified as a beta. Android does allow choice, regardless of the cost of the device to be what ever the individual wants it.

Dev preview is a beta because its the final version of the os without the firmware
    Hence without the correct firmware/drivers it will work harder and heat up,it's a general rule of thumb on any device for which is running a version of the os not fully optimised for the device

Im not generalising
    I have tried all the beta firmware s of every os on my devices
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    09-20-2014 11:39 PM
    I love my lumia 630...it's excellent device..
    09-20-2014 11:43 PM
    Please...
    This thread has gone 12 rounds without a knock out as far as I see.
    It's time to end the battle of the keyboards.

As always thank you to all who have participated without trashing or arguing.
    Closed
    Laura Knotek and Karthik Naik like this.
    09-20-2014 11:49 PM
69 123