Why Microsoft never hire any famous people to using their phone?

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
So Ellen bailed on Samsung then :smile:
We were all over the Academy award selfie...

Is there no true commitment among these celebrities anymore :grin:
$$$ from big business > pocketbook = this weeks allegiance

There never was. The people are paid to be seen holding a product, not actually using it. Maybe Microsoft should be paying developers of popular apps to develop for them, instead of paying celebrities. Don't say they can't afford it.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Personally, whether a celebrity uses a particular phone does not influence me in purchasing that phone. I would rather get feedback from a respected tech site or user to make my decision.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
There never was. The people are paid to be seen holding a product, not actually using it. Maybe Microsoft should be paying developers of popular apps to develop for them, instead of paying celebrities. Don't say they can't afford it.

Ummm...
I was joking...

4ny0n3

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, celebrities will always revert to iPhone. They also paid Gwen Stefani to use an HTC 8X. You can even find tweets from her sent from Twitter for WP8 and, not long after that, you'll see how she starts posting nonstop from Twitter for iPhone. Back then, the WP experience was lacking.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
People must've forgotten when Ellen gave away Lumia 1520s to audience members on her show.

If I remember correctly......Yes she gave away 1520s but this was a push by a phone/service provider. I forget which one, but the phones would have been locked to AT&T or who ever.

She didn't even hold the phone itself.....just talked about the prize is this phone from this national phone company bla bla bla 3g/4g/LTE

If Microsoft is to have a Star catch fire with a product, they will have to think outside the box ( Not really their thing these days ).

It's not easy to launch an advert that hits and explodes like Jordan/Spike Lee/Nike "it must be the shoes", or a very old "Where's the Beef"

Apple hit with Hi I'm a Mac..... but Apple knows how to market its brand.

I do think Microsoft are starting to fine tune in the right direction, showing real world people using real world apps under a Windows brand.

Focus on product not fluff !!!! Plus a false step by a well known name could undo any gains in a heart beat.

Bodeanicus

Banned
Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, celebrities will always revert to iPhone. They also paid Gwen Stefani to use an HTC 8X. You can even find tweets from her sent from Twitter for WP8 and, not long after that, you'll see how she starts posting nonstop from Twitter for iPhone. Back then, the WP experience was lacking.

No, they paid Gwen Stefani to pose with a HTC 8X in her hand. That doesn't mean she ever used it.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Celebrity endorsements??? ...bah!!
I'd rather believe a celebrity if he/she said she doesn't use such & such a phone.... but that would be as rare as rear-end droppings of a rocking horse!!

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com
The Helen - iPhone 6 looks so fake...just look at the apple on the phone, and her index finger. Doesn't even looks like it's touching the phone. Not buying it...must be photoshoped!

Sent from Lumia 930.

EliaJada

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Actually I recall Andy Samberg from Lonely Island doing a commercial about his Windows Phone.
Also, Will Arnet did one too.

Lumia's appeared in the Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, Transformers: Age if Extintion, Sherlock, and a LOT more movies and series.
There's Lumia 1020 in Katy Perry's Roar, and a Lumia 930 in Katy Perry's This Is How We Do.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Celebs will use Apple no matter what because it's "sexy". That's how things are today.
If I was MS I'd put ads with "ordinary", everyday people using WP for their everyday tasks. Simple ads without any "fashion fuss".
Of course, MS shouldn't feature ad with a guy like me, who still waits for WP8.1 on his L822. Yeahhhh, MS+Verizon.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I sure don't use my 930 because some celeb uses one. And I really don't care about one either doing a selfie on a iPhone. I use my WindowsPhone because its my phone OS of choice.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I sure don't use my 930 because some celeb uses one. And I really don't care about one either doing a selfie on a iPhone. I use my WindowsPhone because its my phone OS of choice.

I agree with you, even if tomorrow Android has 100% market share in the world, I'll still stick to WP. Its a personal choice

Wagan8r

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't you remember the deal with Jessica Alba?

How about the commercials with Will Arnet?

​Microsoft has tried that, but it doesn't seem to have much impact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077