Why Microsoft never hire any famous people to using their phone?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Celebrity advertising may put products in front of people, but it is so easy to backfire. Ellen's famous Samsung sponsored selfie at the awards show was undermined when the previous tweet in her feed was a pic taken from her personal iPhone. Microsoft's attempts to market Surface tablets in NFL games was undermined by ***** broadcasters who called them "iPads" on-air. In situations like that, it's easy to see when a celebrity is on the take, or for the message to get mangled.

I think Microsoft is doing a decent job, from people talking about TV shows that are using WP handsets. Exposure is nice where ever you can get it, but I don't know if it sales products anyway. Are Mac sales up because Apple makes sure that every cool character in TV and movies is using a MacBook on-screen? I doubt it moves very many units off the shelves, but it helps keep a product in consumer's minds when considering a new purchase.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Celebrity advertising may put products in front of people, but it is so easy to backfire. Ellen's famous Samsung sponsored selfie at the awards show was undermined when the previous tweet in her feed was a pic taken from her personal iPhone. Microsoft's attempts to market Surface tablets in NFL games was undermined by ***** broadcasters who called them "iPads" on-air. In situations like that, it's easy to see when a celebrity is on the take, or for the message to get mangled.

I think Microsoft is doing a decent job, from people talking about TV shows that are using WP handsets. Exposure is nice where ever you can get it, but I don't know if it sales products anyway. Are Mac sales up because Apple makes sure that every cool character in TV and movies is using a MacBook on-screen? I doubt it moves very many units off the shelves, but it helps keep a product in consumer's minds when considering a new purchase.

Samsung and selfie reminds me of the brouhaha surrounding Big Papi Ortiz and Obama.

Obama-Ortiz selfie earns White House rebuke for Samsung - Politics - The Boston Globe

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't want MS to go down the road that Google and Samsung have gone down lately with their advertising. Most of the new Samsung commercials just show clips from movies or TV shows and don't even show any features of the products they are selling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786