Amazon Instant Video

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
You can send feedback to Amazon on their Contact Us page. People have been requesting Windows Phone apps from Amazon for a long time.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You must have a Google account for it to work even though you can get the app through Amazon's App store. I have a Amazon account but that is not enough. Without the Google account the app is useless. I have it on my backup Moto G which has no Google apps not disabled.

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
You must have a Google account for it to work even though you can get the app through Amazon's App store. I have a Amazon account but that is not enough. Without the Google account the app is useless. I have it on my backup Moto G which has no Google apps not disabled.

First, How do I get it from the Amazon App store?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
To download from the Amazon Store you must have a Amazon account. It does not cost you anything, but even is the app is free you must have an account with a credit or debit card to be able to download. It just shows you being charged 0.00 for the download. Download the Amazon Store app, then when you run it they will ask you to establish an account. After you do you can download paid or free apps.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
If you have ever bought anything from Amazon you have an account with them. Just download the Amazon App Store App and run it.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
To avoid confusion: We WP users can't get the Amazon App store to my knowledge. fdalbor is referring to using it on his Moto G.

Both Android and Blackberry users have access to the Amazon store. I think Amazon has released a ton of apps off of their store to the iOS marketplace, mostly because they are not stupid and if you can afford Apple products, you can afford Amazon Prime and/or Instant Video.

WP has a basic Amazon App for the store and a Kindle App. Hopefully, with Windows 10 right around the corner, Amazon will see the potential for a new source of income and will develop a few more. It will also help (and I am not cheering for this) if their smart phone disappoints, as they will see developing for phone OS's that exist as a better option then trying to better their own OS for a series of phones/tablets of their own.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Snowmutt is correct this was all done on my backup Moto G. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION, ALL the apps on the Amazon App store are Android apps. I also think he is correct that they may in time come out with apps that run on WP (like the Kindle app), the Inbox app that runs on Windows 8 (for Amazon videos) etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb