10-03-2014 03:11 PM
67 123
tools
    Are we still getting new high end phones? Yes
    Are we still getting new apps? Yes
    Are we still getting frequent OS updates? Yes

Future's bright enough for me.
    09-26-2014 09:56 AM
    Apple will come out of this one on top. Somehow. Remember, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
    Only if you spell the name wrong.
    09-26-2014 10:28 AM
    WP future indeed is bleak atleast thats what I see in India.Why would anyone buy Lumia 530/630 when they can buy much better specced phones like Asus Zenfone,Moto G,etc at same price?
    I agree indians want bang for buck.am also sad by the invasion of xiaomi and asus even moto.wp days are numbered in india.android is sadly going to rule us heck not even ios which is sad.
    09-26-2014 01:18 PM
    WP future indeed is bleak atleast thats what I see in India.Why would anyone buy Lumia 530/630 when they can buy much better specced phones like Asus Zenfone,Moto G,etc at same price?
    You have a point, but Nokia here is still the most trusted company. Androids lag, might even get a virus if you do something stupid. WP sales have already crossed iPhone sales before 2 years here. Everyone wants something new(many of them are tired using Android) so wp is perfect for them. Most of them don't bother about apps & games, its only wp users who complain, I've seen many people using their iPhones / android phones with just a few basic apps, nothing more. Many of them just buy their phones for business, so wp is perfect for them. I don't see a reason why wp will fail. All the other phones are not as durable as Nokia, are they?
    09-26-2014 01:33 PM
    Only if you spell the name wrong.
    Like this?

iphone-charger.jpeg
    09-26-2014 01:34 PM
    You have a point, but Nokia here is still the most trusted company. Androids lag, might even get a virus if you do something stupid. WP sales have already crossed iPhone sales before 2 years here. Everyone wants something new(many of them are tired using Android) so wp is perfect for them. Most of them don't bother about apps & games, its only wp users who complain, I've seen many people using their iPhones / android phones with just a few basic apps, nothing more. Many of them just buy their phones for business, so wp is perfect for them. I don't see a reason why wp will fail. All the other phones are not as durable as Nokia, are they?
    But here people are running like dogs for xiaomi and other cheap phones.gone are the days of nokia Trust people want to pay less money and get a great phone.if nokia could sway all indians then why wp is not in 20% market share whereas android is 80%.wp will have better share compared to ios because it is cheap compared to ios which all cant afford or not want to spend so much money on phones rather than other things.
    09-26-2014 02:14 PM
    This argument doesn't matter with Threshold in the future does it? Windows will be Windows. Agnostic of device shape and size.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-26-2014 02:30 PM
    Like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone Charger.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	82556
    How 'bout this one.

cake.jpg
    sinime, tgp and HeyCori like this.
    09-26-2014 02:32 PM
    I've lost patients with WP. Thinking of getting a Moto G.
    09-26-2014 03:48 PM
    I've lost patients with WP. Thinking of getting a Moto G.
    Who are you, Dr. Kevorkian?
    Davey123 likes this.
    09-26-2014 05:50 PM
    But here people are running like dogs for xiaomi and other cheap phones.gone are the days of nokia Trust people want to pay less money and get a great phone.if nokia could sway all indians then why wp is not in 20% market share whereas android is 80%.wp will have better share compared to ios because it is cheap compared to ios which all cant afford or not want to spend so much money on phones rather than other things.
    But do you know how much defective was xiaomi when it first launched here? People go for cheap phones, agreed, but there are also some phones like 530/630. We just can't expect wp to grow just by snapping fingers. When WP first came, all the people were cursing it, & now, it has crossed iPhone sales a long time ago. Other companies don't provide good services as Nokia does. Many other phones just break(cheap phones, cheap materials) its then people realize they have lost their money even on cheap phones.
    09-27-2014 03:08 AM
    You can say anything xiaomi if they increased the supply of phones even if they do flash sales can dent the wp prospect.people in India don't care for nokia anymore.i see a lot of Samsung in my place.i bet Samsung grand 2 most of the times.grand 2 might have skyrocketed in sales.hurry up MS plz start releasing phones or else even Lumia 730 is lost opportunity.Lumia 830 is deemed failed in that launch price.
    From Windows phone
    09-27-2014 03:20 AM
    You can say anything xiaomi if they increased the supply of phones even if they do flash sales can dent the wp prospect.people in India don't care for nokia anymore.i see a lot of Samsung in my place.i bet Samsung grand 2 most of the times.grand 2 might have skyrocketed in sales.hurry up MS plz start releasing phones or else even Lumia 730 is lost opportunity.Lumia 830 is deemed failed in that launch price.
    From Windows phone
    Wrong, I hardly have any friends using Samsung. My friends note 3 lags. One of my friends who got a Samsung mega, his phone broke in less than a month in just 1 fall. Samsung has the worst services.
    When you'll get a phone & when you don't find a service centre, at that time you'll realize that only buy a phone from a reputed company. Chinese companies are good, they have excellent services, but in China, not in India.
    09-27-2014 03:32 AM
    Then tell me the reason why Indians are running like dog for MI 3.nd blackmarketers are selling for 18000₹.i think you are wrong in estimating .
    From Windows phone
    09-27-2014 03:43 AM
    Then tell me the reason why Indians are running like dog for MI 3.nd blackmarketers are selling for 18000₹.i think you are wrong in estimating .
    From Windows phone
    You still don't get my point. I mean to say that xiaomi phones have many problems & they don't provide any services here. Xiaomi users already got a lot of problems in their phones. All of my friends prefer either nexus, Motorola, Micromax, sony & very few Samsung. They never prefer xiaomi, oppo or gionee.
    09-27-2014 03:50 AM
    That is your friends most of people in India have lost brand conscious if we say to them xiaomi is china they say everything even iPhone I made in china.people have gone mad for cheap smartphones as though they are the thing that could make them millionaires.lust for smartphone has peaked in India due to xiaomi high spec low cost phone.i cannot believe my eyes my neighbour who sports an iPhone 5s going hammer and tongs at MI 3.i don't understand this lust in smartphones as if they are only things that make life beautiful.
    From Windows phone
    09-27-2014 03:57 AM
    That is your friends most of people in India have lost brand conscious if we say to them xiaomi is china they say everything even iPhone I made in china.people have gone mad for cheap smartphones as though they are the thing that could make them millionaires.lust for smartphone has peaked in India due to xiaomi high spec low cost phone.i cannot believe my eyes my neighbour who sports an iPhone 5s going hammer and tongs at MI 3.i don't understand this lust in smartphones as if they are only things that make life beautiful.
    From Windows phone
    Yes & they'll regain brand consciousness as soon as their phone is defective.
    09-27-2014 04:01 AM
    I suppose all forums have posts like these...apple forums and android forums......humans get bored easily, a new phone comes out and they think theirs is rubbish! A app ...they'll never be happy unless they have the NEXT big thing.......I have a sad mate who changes phones quicker than he's underpants.....*****
    09-30-2014 12:49 PM
    Windows 10 as a concept seems awesome and it does give me hope. There will be many more users because of the universal apps but lets just hope devs jump in since there will definitely be a much larger user base than just WP users.
    Sent from my...
    10-01-2014 01:57 AM
    I'm going to vote: Hopeful. I like the general direction they seem to be heading now that Steve B. is gone.
    10-01-2014 07:16 AM
    There will be many more users because of the universal apps but lets just hope devs jump in since there will definitely be a much larger user base than just WP users.
    This seems logical. It does beg the question though: how many PC users actually use apps from the store? On a mobile device it's necessary to use apps to some extent, but not on a desktop. I personally don't use a single Store app on the 4 PCs that I use at work and at home. And now that the Start Screen is going away, I don't think it's going to be any easier to get users to install Store apps.

My 2.
    10-01-2014 08:17 AM
    It does beg the question though: how many PC users actually use apps from the store?
    I run Windows 8.1 on both my office desktop and my home laptop (which is, in reality, a desktop for me; it doesn't go anywhere but where it sits - except for to the office every once in a while to snag a big download on the faster internet connection there, heh.) At work, I don't use a single Store app; in fact, I've actually deleted every Store app which Windows will let me delete (you can't delete Camera, Photos, OneDrive, Store, PC Settings, and of course Desktop). I *love* the Start Screen, even though I don't use a single Store app.

...actually, I take that back. I do use Camera every once in a while for an office selfie, LOL.

At home, I have used a few Store apps. I was using Adobe Acrobat Reader Touch for PDFs, because desktop Acrobat Reader is slow and laggy, but I recently installed the open source reader Evince and prefer that. I was also using the Store OneNote app until MS released the desktop OneNote 2013 for free. There are a few Store games that I play on my home laptop, but as of late Hearthstone has superseded them. :)
    10-01-2014 08:43 AM
    This seems logical. It does beg the question though: how many PC users actually use apps from the store? On a mobile device it's necessary to use apps to some extent, but not on a desktop. I personally don't use a single Store app on the 4 PCs that I use at work and at home. And now that the Start Screen is going away, I don't think it's going to be any easier to get users to install Store apps.

My 2.
    Me exact thoughts. Even just looking at the apps in the store and you'll see they will need a major shift in thinking to get people to actually use them or even want them.
    10-01-2014 09:11 AM
    Me exact thoughts. Even just looking at the apps in the store and you'll see they will need a major shift in thinking to get people to actually use them or even want them.
    The process may be slow but all Microsoft has to do is put a link to the Store on the taskbar. Eventually users will click on it (even if by accident). That's why it's important that the Store has the most popular and requested apps. If someone wants Spotify, Instagram, Pandora, etc, they may find it more convenient to grab the app from the Store. I'm just theorizing but I'm guessing a lot of people would like the same friendly user experience on all devices, be it phone, tablet or desktop. Windows 8 couldn't do it but I think Windows 10 has a legit shot.
    10-01-2014 09:28 AM
    The process may be slow but all Microsoft has to do is put a link to the Store on the taskbar. Eventually users will click on it (even if by accident). That's why it's important that the Store has the most popular and requested apps. If someone wants Spotify, Instagram, Pandora, etc, they may find it more convenient to grab the app from the Store. I'm just theorizing but I'm guessing a lot of people would like the same friendly user experience on all devices, be it phone, tablet or desktop. Windows 8 couldn't do it but I think Windows 10 has a legit shot.
    I'm open to all theories and yours seems plausible.

Most people just go directly to the web browser and call it a day. Especially on a PC
    HeyCori and tgp like this.
    10-01-2014 09:41 AM
67 123