WP's Future: Hopeful or Bleak

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
WP future indeed is bleak atleast thats what I see in India.Why would anyone buy Lumia 530/630 when they can buy much better specced phones like Asus Zenfone,Moto G,etc at same price?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
It's the exclusive flagships that are killing them in the U.S. what's even worse is that the carriers don't even try to advertise the exclusive phone that they have. Why cant they release their phones on every carrier?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Are we still getting new high end phones? Yes
Are we still getting new apps? Yes
Are we still getting frequent OS updates? Yes

Future's bright enough for me.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
WP future indeed is bleak atleast thats what I see in India.Why would anyone buy Lumia 530/630 when they can buy much better specced phones like Asus Zenfone,Moto G,etc at same price?

I agree indians want bang for buck.am also sad by the invasion of xiaomi and asus even moto.wp days are numbered in india.android is sadly going to rule us heck not even ios which is sad.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

You have a point, but Nokia here is still the most trusted company. Androids lag, might even get a virus if you do something stupid. WP sales have already crossed iPhone sales before 2 years here. Everyone wants something new(many of them are tired using Android) so wp is perfect for them. Most of them don't bother about apps & games, its only wp users who complain, I've seen many people using their iPhones / android phones with just a few basic apps, nothing more. Many of them just buy their phones for business, so wp is perfect for them. I don't see a reason why wp will fail. All the other phones are not as durable as Nokia, are they?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You have a point, but Nokia here is still the most trusted company. Androids lag, might even get a virus if you do something stupid. WP sales have already crossed iPhone sales before 2 years here. Everyone wants something new(many of them are tired using Android) so wp is perfect for them. Most of them don't bother about apps & games, its only wp users who complain, I've seen many people using their iPhones / android phones with just a few basic apps, nothing more. Many of them just buy their phones for business, so wp is perfect for them. I don't see a reason why wp will fail. All the other phones are not as durable as Nokia, are they?

But here people are running like dogs for xiaomi and other cheap phones.gone are the days of nokia Trust people want to pay less money and get a great phone.if nokia could sway all indians then why wp is not in 20% market share whereas android is 80%.wp will have better share compared to ios because it is cheap compared to ios which all cant afford or not want to spend so much money on phones rather than other things.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
But here people are running like dogs for xiaomi and other cheap phones.gone are the days of nokia Trust people want to pay less money and get a great phone.if nokia could sway all indians then why wp is not in 20% market share whereas android is 80%.wp will have better share compared to ios because it is cheap compared to ios which all cant afford or not want to spend so much money on phones rather than other things.

But do you know how much defective was xiaomi when it first launched here? People go for cheap phones, agreed, but there are also some phones like 530/630. We just can't expect wp to grow just by snapping fingers. When WP first came, all the people were cursing it, & now, it has crossed iPhone sales a long time ago. Other companies don't provide good services as Nokia does. Many other phones just break(cheap phones, cheap materials) its then people realize they have lost their money even on cheap phones.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You can say anything xiaomi if they increased the supply of phones even if they do flash sales can dent the wp prospect.people in India don't care for nokia anymore.i see a lot of Samsung in my place.i bet Samsung grand 2 most of the times.grand 2 might have skyrocketed in sales.hurry up MS plz start releasing phones or else even Lumia 730 is lost opportunity.Lumia 830 is deemed failed in that launch price.
From Windows phone

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
You can say anything xiaomi if they increased the supply of phones even if they do flash sales can dent the wp prospect.people in India don't care for nokia anymore.i see a lot of Samsung in my place.i bet Samsung grand 2 most of the times.grand 2 might have skyrocketed in sales.hurry up MS plz start releasing phones or else even Lumia 730 is lost opportunity.Lumia 830 is deemed failed in that launch price.
From Windows phone

Wrong, I hardly have any friends using Samsung. My friends note 3 lags. One of my friends who got a Samsung mega, his phone broke in less than a month in just 1 fall. Samsung has the worst services.
When you'll get a phone & when you don't find a service centre, at that time you'll realize that only buy a phone from a reputed company. Chinese companies are good, they have excellent services, but in China, not in India.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Then tell me the reason why Indians are running like dog for MI 3.nd blackmarketers are selling for 18000₹.i think you are wrong in estimating .
From Windows phone

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Then tell me the reason why Indians are running like dog for MI 3.nd blackmarketers are selling for 18000₹.i think you are wrong in estimating .
From Windows phone

You still don't get my point. I mean to say that xiaomi phones have many problems & they don't provide any services here. Xiaomi users already got a lot of problems in their phones. All of my friends prefer either nexus, Motorola, Micromax, sony & very few Samsung. They never prefer xiaomi, oppo or gionee.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs