What does everyone think of this? - Samsung could be ditching Android for Windows

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I agree that getting Samsung to seriously get on board with WP would be a great thing for Microsoft, but I really doubt that Samsung is going to "switch" to Windows and leave Android. They simply have too many repeat buyers who are entrenched in Google/Android services.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I certainly don't think it's to "replace/ditching" Android. That would be brutal for the company. Maybe to get on board more aggressively with top notch phones.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Ditching the cash cow of Samsung? Very unlikely... but maybe we could see some of the Galaxy Note or Alpha series with WP.

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the word "ditching" was a bit misleading. But I feel that Samsung could slowly start to implement Windows a bit more and if the sales pick up then they will start to use it in more of their better selling products and slowly phase out Android if it does any better.

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I have this weird feeling that Microsoft is trying to get Google all hot and bothered with this. I see a direct law suit between Microsoft and Google in the cards here.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Samsung could adopt Microsoft as a second alternative to improve their negotiation power with Google. Not only Windows as an operating system for devices, also pre-installing MS services, or powering Samsung services with a MS backend, for example, s voice powered by cortana.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I think the future will be much more open. Samsung, HTC and perhaps Sony will all make models that can run wp or android. This is the future. You choose a phone and an OS. So a galaxy with wp or android, a htc one with wp or android, etc. No need to make separate models. Its not cost effective.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
You guys do realize that Samsung is making their own OS, or at least, it's on hold so they can hold it above Google's head in case something goes wrong? Samsung isn't as loyal to Google as they were a couple years ago. Sure, I doubt they would totally ditch them, but announce the same hardware, but two models with two OS's?

That's plausible.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, they are gonna start using HERE MAPS on their Android devices, so it's not that far fetch of an idea 💡 wishful thinking 😔 but i doubt it to be real.

As a minority Samsung fan in WP, I'd wish this was true. Don't see it happening though. However, I do see us getting rehashed hardware on a better chassis.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Too much speculation to be reality.

This. All I saw in that article was speculation and a few quotes, quotes that don't back up the assertion of Samsung doing any such thing.

If anything, Samsung may make a move with Tizen this November in India. For all we know, any "Microsoft deal" may be to supply Tizen with MS resources like Bing, Skype, Office, OneDrive, etc. just like iPhone and Android. Tizen will need it, as they won't get those from Google.

Sure, what Softpedia alleges could happen, but it is nothing more than guesswork at this point. I have no idea what Samsung's plans are, but I have seen no indication of any big Microsoft/Windows/Windows Phone moves. They have been very quiet lately and see little reason to jump back on to Windows Phone AFAIK.

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is a major partner on Android with google. Infact Google sold Motorola to Lenovo because of Samsung. If Microsoft takes Samsung's partnership away from Google? Google will be even more mad at Microsoft. I mean Google is already peeved over Microsoft license fee's with OEM's over Android. It is getting to the point were Microsoft will sue Google or Google will sue Microsoft.

hoola20055

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
A note wp4 would be awesome. Stylus support would be crazy for MS services. It would most certainly replace my icon that Verizon has forgot about.

doob9911

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
It's interesting. So MS support tizen with outlook, bing, onerdrive, onenote etc and Sam boost WP market share with new devices like ativ note? Google may be upset. I like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6