Order <a target="_blank" href="/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fafflnk.microsoft.com%2Fc%2F159229%2F433017%2F7593%3FsubId1%3DUUwpUdUbU27%26subId2%3Ddwp%26url%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.microsoft.com%252Fen-us%252Fp%252Fsurface-go%252F8V9DP4LNKNSZ&amp;token=Br6VPTNo">Microsoft Surface Go</a>   <a href="/e?link=http%3A%2F%2Fadfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F127424%3FsubID%3DUUwpUdUbU27%26MPRE%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dell.com%252Fen-us%252Fshop%252Fdell-laptops%252Fxps-13-laptop%252Fspd%252Fxps-13-9360-laptop&amp;token=zLmQ9gPA">Dell XPS 13</a>
09-27-2014 04:38 PM
61 123
tools
    Before we all start gloating let's wait and see just how much damage has been done. Maybe not as bad as some people think. It depends how forgiving the Apple gang is. What non-Apple think really does not matter as most of those people were not going to buy Apple anyway. COOK must be drinking at lot of Alka-Seltzer the last few days. This could be a disaster or it could be a SO WHAT. Will be interesting, to bad Microsoft has very little to sell to Apple Not-Want-A-B' s.
    They have already forgiven lol.
    At least they lost 23 billion from it though.
    09-26-2014 06:35 PM
    Wow tetchy! If you dislike 'our platform' that much, why are you still here?
    Oh I don't hate WP at all. But we aren't in the position to be badmouthing Apple at all. WP closed down experience of WP is actually inspired by the iPhone. And yes iOS 7 is basically wp8 with a white theme. iOS and WP are actually very similar to each other if you think about it. Bottom line is that WP will definitely pass 10% market share but I'm not so sure if it can actually take over( monopolise the **** of like Google) the market. Windows 9 might answer to my worries.
    techiez, Karthik Naik and SwimSwim like this.
    09-26-2014 06:35 PM
    @hyperkid: Well said!
    09-26-2014 06:37 PM
    You guys need to Stfu. 1. iOS 8.02 fixed the issues users had. 2. Apple only has 9 complaints about #bendgate people make a deal out of the littlest things and 3. The iPhone 6's have sold as much as the 520 did in a year in one week. 10 million units. And the 520 is the best selling windows phone. You guys may prefer WP but the rest of the world surely isn't. We even have some WP converts in these forums that have changed to the iPhone 6. Even when Apple is taking it in the chin, it still does better than WP. That says a lot about our platform doesn't it?

I thought you already have left WP, oh you still there😃
    09-26-2014 07:26 PM
    1) The phrase is "taking it on the chin." Taking it in the chin would be some sort of surgical procedure. If you want to play the superiority game you might at least get the expression correct,
    2) I seriously doubt anyone at Microsoft is happy since they make at least something off of most things Apple sells; have multiple cooperative agreements; and are run by grown ups.
    3) I expect they would love to have the "problem" of having sold 10,000,000 of anything in a weekend.

Seriously, gloating from one's bicycle because the person with the Ferrari needs to fix a flat tire seems more than a bit silly. Microsoft would do well to emulate Apple's model and live with the problem of quirks in millions of sales and this is coming form someone who runs a Microsoft only operation. Oh BTW, in as much as Microsoft is emulating anyone it is Apple, just not yet with the same type of success.
    Pretty much sums it up. Same kind of thing happened with Apples number when the first iPad mini launched and now its found its place. The people taking one for the team is android if you believe BGR. Android trade ins over 200 percent ahead of the iphone 6 launch. This I know personally to have merit where my son works. They couldn't give an android device away in the days preceding launch of iphone 6.
    09-26-2014 08:33 PM
    Of course the Windows Phone will never surpass Apple. Because there will always be millions of people willing to spend inflated amounts of money for a brand name, even if the product under-performs compared to other products.

Even if an Android or Windows phone came along that fit everyone's needs, desires and possible demands... Gotta get that fancy new iPhone so you don't look like a poor loser.
    09-26-2014 08:35 PM
    Of course the Windows Phone will never surpass Apple. Because there will always be millions of people willing to spend inflated amounts of money for a brand name, even if the product under-performs compared to other products.

Even if an Android or Windows phone came along that fit everyone's needs, desires and possible demands... Gotta get that fancy new iPhone so you don't look like a poor loser.
    Price is high true. But its not just about device with Apple and definitely not about spec, like it is with android and in many ways Windows phone. With Apple is all about ecosystem. This is what they excel at better than anyone. It is the only product that people still line up sometimes weeks in advance to get EVEN THOUGH they already know what spec the phone will have. You can't buy that kind of loyalty. You have to earn that.
    09-26-2014 08:46 PM
    You guys need to Stfu. 1. iOS 8.02 fixed the issues users had. 2. Apple only has 9 complaints about #bendgate people make a deal out of the littlest things and 3. The iPhone 6's have sold as much as the 520 did in a year in one week. 10 million units. And the 520 is the best selling windows phone. You guys may prefer WP but the rest of the world surely isn't. We even have some WP converts in these forums that have changed to the iPhone 6. Even when Apple is taking it in the chin, it still does better than WP. That says a lot about our platform doesn't it?
    that doesnt explain why my ipad 4 is still stuck in a reboot loop thanks to ios 8.0.2 even though i updated from ios 8
    09-26-2014 10:12 PM
    1) The phrase is "taking it on the chin." Taking it in the chin would be some sort of surgical procedure. If you want to play the superiority game you might at least get the expression correct,
    2) I seriously doubt anyone at Microsoft is happy since they make at least something off of most things Apple sells; have multiple cooperative agreements; and are run by grown ups.
    3) I expect they would love to have the "problem" of having sold 10,000,000 of anything in a weekend.

Seriously, gloating from one's bicycle because the person with the Ferrari needs to fix a flat tire seems more than a bit silly. Microsoft would do well to emulate Apple's model and live with the problem of quirks in millions of sales and this is coming form someone who runs a Microsoft only operation. Oh BTW, in as much as Microsoft is emulating anyone it is Apple, just not yet with the same type of success.
    I have no superiority complex as you implied but my title flew right past you like an F-16 on full afterburner. My use of "in" was purely on purpose since I wanted to use another anatomical reference. I figured the excellent mod team on WPC would have shut me down quickly so I threw in "chin" to keep it reasonable.

I made it a point to mention that I don't like seeing any company take such a negative hit in the public eye since these scenarios usually end up costing somebody his/her job. If you can consider that gloating, well I guess that one got past you too.

With all the negative press Microsoft gets from the media, tech bloggers and any booger-eating moron with a computer (hint), it's nice to see someone else take it for a while. Yes, I'm sure Nadella is relieved if not ecstatic.
    09-26-2014 10:16 PM
    I deeply dislike the Apple ecosystem and i deeply dislike their policies and their arrogance on the market. However, knowing even many of their employees play along with that strategy just because they need their money end of month without believing the company is actually right in what it does, it's not like i am jumping in happiness. People will lose their jobs. In other times i wouldn't care much. In times where people go kill or commit suicide when they can't get a new job i don't feel that subtle sadistic pleasure. I just genuinely think Apple devices lack innovation and are overpriced in many markets.
    09-26-2014 11:28 PM
    I'm enjoying my iPhone however I will be returning it likely.
    09-26-2014 11:53 PM
    But please guys don't make this a hate tread. Laughs to apple are good, but hate aren't. Appreciate apple for making us laugh. Hahaha!
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-27-2014 12:14 AM
    Things like this aren't enough to dissuade people from buying iPhones... that doesn't really matter though considering I've never particularly criticized people for buying them; they're solid devices and they do what most people need them to do.
    09-27-2014 12:28 AM
    09-27-2014 12:29 AM
    Oh yeah, they are really hurting...Apple stock bends back past $100 | America's Markets
    Yeah, bummer.
    09-27-2014 01:52 AM
    But still iPhones are selling 10 millions.no consumer fret over it.iphone going to give run for the money for android flagships that's for sure.some may even skip a meal to get iPhones in India that day is not too farrrr.
    From Windows phone
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-27-2014 03:53 AM
    1) No excuse. You develop the hardware/software all under one roof. The data/cell data problem of 8.01 should have been caught before the release. End of story.
    2) Bendgate and 9 complaints in total? Yeah, I'm going to call bull**** on that. How many devices were returned at the dealer level instead of calling the national center? It sounds like "you're holding it wrong" all over again to me.
    3) It says nothing about how much better Apple is than MS Mobile. It just speaks about the relative popularity of the platforms. I remember when the 920's came out and there were complaints about how hot they got. People were holding Nokia's feet to the fire here. And yet Apple gets a pass? Uh, yeah. No.

If you think Apple needs a champion, go out and get a 6+ and come back here and boast how awesome the device is.

Edit: The long and short of it is simply this: I expect stumbles, software problems, build quality issues from everyone but Apple. iPhone fans etc will tell anyone who will listen how much better their devices are - quality from Apple is the one thing you can count on. They charge more, because the devices are worth more, etc... Now it seems that iPhones are not as well engineered as we thought, or as we are told to believe.

Oops.
    Last edited by crystal_planet; 09-27-2014 at 08:01 AM.
    09-27-2014 07:49 AM
    1) No excuse. You develop the hardware/software all under one roof. The data/cell data problem of 8.01 should have been caught before the release. End of story.
    2) Bendgate and 9 complaints in total? Yeah, I'm going to call bull**** on that. How many devices were returned at the dealer level instead of calling the national center? It sounds like "you're holding it wrong" all over again to me.
    3) It says nothing about how much better Apple is than MS Mobile. It just speaks about the relative popularity of the platforms. I remember when the 920's came out and there were complaints about how hot they got. People were holding Nokia's feet to the fire here. And yet Apple gets a pass? Uh, yeah. No.

If you think Apple needs a champion, go out and get a 6+ and come back here and boast how awesome the device is.
    lets see, the update was junk, it was fixed in one day, bendgate is proven to be fake, and our ms mobile ain't great but they are cheap. Three iphone 6 devices and one 6+ in this household all working great.
    colinkiama and carlos12001 like this.
    09-27-2014 08:03 AM
    lets see, the update was junk, it was fixed in one day, bendgate is proven to be fake, and our ms mobile ain't great but they are cheap. Three iphone 6 devices and one 6+ in this household all working great.
    Proven to be fake, huh? Cos Timmy came out and read the letter that had taken the lawyers 3 days to prepare, you mean? Oh, and that enlightening look at their apparent testing facilities lol.

They downplayed the problem big time and you loyal fools fell for it hook, line and sinker. Again.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-27-2014 08:09 AM
    This is such a childish topic - the vs conversation only has merit in specs, and that is even subjective to the current situation. Each phone and its OS is the best based on a need to need basis and user needs/experience. IOS and Android sell millions of phones for a reason, blackberry and Nokia once ruled the world, things change, and they will again. It really matters little, enjoy what you use, let everyone else enjoy what they want to for whatever reason they wish to.
    schmidtis likes this.
    09-27-2014 08:10 AM
    Let's see, the update shouldn't have happened in the first place - everything is built, developed and tested under one roof. And it's not like a little thing like Flappy Birds isn't displaying in a proper colour - it was a data issue. The fundamental feature of any cellular device. If you bought three iPhones and they all run properly - I'll tell you a secret: they're supposed to. I've had four Windows phones myself and never had a problem with any of them, but that doesn't mean that the device is problem free for everyone.

I don't think MS Mobile is problem free - they aren't. Nowhere near. But iDevices have a reputation for unparalleled quality and the reputation is getting tarnished now.
    MikeSo and Karthik Naik like this.
    09-27-2014 08:13 AM
    But still iPhones are selling 10 millions.no consumer fret over it.iphone going to give run for the money for android flagships that's for sure.some may even skip a meal to get iPhones in India that day is not too farrrr.
    From Windows phone
    IPhones lack variety. Even if all iPhones sell in huge numbers, they just cant overtake the total sales of Lumia X20/X25/X30/X35 sales. That's my point, iPhones are a huge success, but definitely its sales are still decreasing. IPhone 6+ bend test would be an eye opener for many iPhone users. Many of them even tried to bend their Nokia phone, result, it bent them instead. But after watching iPhone 6+ bend test, would any iPhone user try to bend his/her iPhone? I doubt that.
    09-27-2014 08:18 AM
    IPhones lack variety. Even if all iPhones sell in huge numbers, they just cant overtake the total sales of Lumia X20/X25/X30/X35 sales. That's my point, iPhones are a huge success, but definitely its sales are still decreasing. IPhone 6+ bend test would be an eye opener for many iPhone users. Many of them even tried to bend their Nokia phone, result, it bent them instead. But after watching iPhone 6+ bend test, would any iPhone user try to bend his/her iPhone? I doubt that.
    drop ur nokia just abt 1 feet the screen goes cracking, glass is more brittle where they used the curved glass, did someone try bending 925 m sure it will give same result as iphone, check out the consumer reports video, even though they applied pressure at wrong point but still its not as if you are carrying achewing gum in your pocket.

come on man, as much as I hate iphones I have to admit that they outsell all other phones, apple comes out with perfect marketing and complete eco system experience, lumia;s have a long way to go, no comparison at all
    Jazmac and carlos12001 like this.
    09-27-2014 08:25 AM
    The problem with the radios and the whole debacle with Apple maps, from a few years ago... Major issues that are now all but forgotten. The bendgate and update fiascos will be forgotten too. Apple still can do no wrong.
    09-27-2014 08:39 AM
    drop ur nokia just abt 1 feet the screen goes cracking, glass is more brittle where they used the curved glass, did someone try bending 925 m sure it will give same result as iphone, check out the consumer reports video, even though they applied pressure at wrong point but still its not as if you are carrying achewing gum in your pocket.

come on man, as much as I hate iphones I have to admit that they outsell all other phones, apple comes out with perfect marketing and complete eco system experience, lumia;s have a long way to go, no comparison at all

This is total crap, a feet away & Nokia phones crack? Well I would like to tell you, they couldn't bend 925. Only the edges of 925 are of metal, the phone is still of polycarbonate. You should check this http://m.windowscentral.com/lumia-92...on-caterpillar
    Now would an iPhone or any other phone would've survived that? & you talk of flexibility. Well gorilla glasses are always rigid & not so brittle. I still wonder how what materials they would've used in iPhone 6+. If you check the bend test, you would realize that the reviewer just bent the phone for science sake just to show that an iPhone could be bent, easily it would've been bent more & easily broken. & do you realize that when they tried to bend an iPhone from other side, its screen cracked. You call that good technology
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-27-2014 08:49 AM
61 123