09-27-2014 04:38 PM
61 123
tools
    Oh yeah, they are really hurting...Apple stock bends back past $100 | America's Markets
    Exactly what I just said. lol.
    09-27-2014 09:16 AM
    Exactly what I just said. lol.
    Apple has a well stocked supply of "get out of jail free" cards. Bendgate will pass, and in the end it doesn't matter too terribly much, as Apple has a boatload of grace in the bank.

It would take something pretty critical for bad press to stick to them, but little things tend to accumulate over time and if Apple doesn't shift into high gear pretty soon, they'll start to fade.
    09-27-2014 09:38 AM
    This is total crap, a feet away & Nokia phones crack? Well I would like to tell you, they couldn't bend 925. Only the edges of 925 are of metal, the phone is still of polycarbonate. You should check this Lumia 920 reportedly survives getting crushed by a 24 ton Caterpillar | Windows Phone Central
    Now would an iPhone or any other phone would've survived that? & you talk of flexibility. Well gorilla glasses are always rigid & not so brittle. I still wonder how what materials they would've used in iPhone 6+. If you check the bend test, you would realize that the reviewer just bent the phone for science sake just to show that an iPhone could be bent, easily it would've been bent more & easily broken. & do you realize that when they tried to bend an iPhone from other side, its screen cracked. You call that good technology
    I wont evencare to open the link, i trust my personal experience, my lumia 800 cracked twice, one of it was hardly a feet fall it just slipped out of my hands fell on the edge n the screen was shattered, chk out my profile I hv the pic posted of it about an year back and i hv seen numerous posts of 1520s 920s 925s with cracked screens on these forums, would u call it good technology?
    09-27-2014 10:02 AM
    I wont evencare to open the link, i trust my personal experience, my lumia 800 cracked twice, one of it was hardly a feet fall it just slipped out of my hands fell on the edge n the screen was shattered, chk out my profile I hv the pic posted of it about an year back and i hv seen numerous posts of 1520s 920s 925s with cracked screens on these forums, would u call it good technology?
    any phone can crack you cannot generalise that iphone are the most durable and lumias arent
    09-27-2014 10:26 AM
    Guys and gals, my OP was about Apple's recent troubles in the press, not a segue to start another phone war. Any phone can break. All OSes have had troubled firmware release glitches at some point. The perceived notion in the public eye has always been that Apple is the gold standard in hardware and software. These recent events have shown that they are as fallible as anybody else and I'm quite sure the CEOs of the competition have breathed a sigh of relief. The fact that Samsung, LG and others have already released ads spoofing "bendgate" is a testament to this.

The public, the media, bloggers and others have fawned over Apple's products for years and have been implicit in perpetuating the hype around Apple's "aura" of superiority. Now the chickens are coming home to roost and people are going bat**** crazy.
    crystal_planet and Jas00555 like this.
    09-27-2014 10:28 AM
    Guys and gals, my OP was about Apple's recent troubles in the press, not a segue to start another phone war. Any phone can break. All OSes have had troubled firmware release glitches at some point. The perceived notion in the public eye has always been that Apple is the gold standard in hardware and software. These recent events have shown that they are as fallible as anybody else and I'm quite sure the CEOs of the competition have breathed a sigh of relief. The fact that Samsung, LG and others have already released ads spoofing "bendgate" is a testament to this.

The public, the media, bloggers and others have fawned over Apple's products for years and have been implicit in perpetuating the hype around Apple's "aura" of superiority. Now the chickens are coming home to roost and people are going bat**** crazy.
    Yes, but phone wars tend to happen when you talk of any other company except MS. Its natural
    09-27-2014 10:41 AM
    You guys need to Stfu. 1. iOS 8.02 fixed the issues users had. 2. Apple only has 9 complaints about #bendgate people make a deal out of the littlest things and 3. The iPhone 6's have sold as much as the 520 did in a year in one week. 10 million units. And the 520 is the best selling windows phone. You guys may prefer WP but the rest of the world surely isn't. We even have some WP converts in these forums that have changed to the iPhone 6. Even when Apple is taking it in the chin, it still does better than WP. That says a lot about our platform doesn't it?
    Only thing I would like to disagree with is the first issue. I don't care if 8.02 made me pancakes, Apple should not have pushed that thing out. Now, TouchID is one thing, but turning your newest hot product into an iPod Touch is inexcusable no matter how you look at it.

Actually, disagree on the third one too. Apple's retail strategy is much better than Nokia's ever was. Microsoft is slowly fixing the mess considering the 735 will be the first Lumia on Sprint and getting the 635 to dual-launch on AT&T and T-Mobile (as opposed to Nokia's 520/1), so they're clearly making things better, but Nokia's 5-month long rollout and Apple's global launch are hardly two comparable situations.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-27-2014 02:23 PM
    Apple has a well stocked supply of "get out of jail free" cards. Bendgate will pass, and in the end it doesn't matter too terribly much, as Apple has a boatload of grace in the bank.

It would take something pretty critical for bad press to stick to them, but little things tend to accumulate over time and if Apple doesn't shift into high gear pretty soon, they'll start to fade.
    People have been saying that about Apple for years. I'm pretty sure the Iphone 6 will begin an entire new industry of METOO apps in the smart phone world to complete with them. What that walled garden is doing with mobile payments is huge and it begins with a trusted brand and people trust Apple.
    carlos12001 likes this.
    09-27-2014 02:24 PM

They said what you said during antenna-gate. Apple took care of iphone users as best it could by offering free bumpers. The lines are still there for subsequent releases of the Iphone. Its about ecosystem for Apple owners. So this won't affect them either. Pocket phone types will have to remember to remove them before they sit and the ecosystem will take care of them as it always has. For bloggers its about click bait.
    Laura Knotek and carlos12001 like this.
    09-27-2014 02:40 PM

Start to fade? Too funny, now that the big phones are out they are fading... as they blow on past. MS and the others need to get their act together.
    09-27-2014 04:31 PM
    I am gonna close this thread. Fatclue can get even with me on the "Off Topic" lounge sometime. Just feel this is a little more negative then it is possible to recover from.

Bad Fatclue... those Miami people are always picking fights.

(Glad he is on WP's side though.)
    09-27-2014 04:38 PM
61 123