Apple's taking it in the....chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
You guys need to Stfu. 1. iOS 8.02 fixed the issues users had. 2. Apple only has 9 complaints about #bendgate people make a deal out of the littlest things and 3. The iPhone 6's have sold as much as the 520 did in a year in one week. 10 million units. And the 520 is the best selling windows phone. You guys may prefer WP but the rest of the world surely isn't. We even have some WP converts in these forums that have changed to the iPhone 6. Even when Apple is taking it in the chin, it still does better than WP. That says a lot about our platform doesn't it?

quantum1990

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
You guys need to Stfu. 1. iOS 8.02 fixed the issues users had. 2. Apple only has 9 complaints about #bendgate people make a deal out of the littlest things and 3. The iPhone 6's have sold as much as the 520 did in a year in one week. 10 million units. And the 520 is the best selling windows phone. You guys may prefer WP but the rest of the world surely isn't. We even have some WP converts in these forums that have changed to the iPhone 6. Even when Apple is taking it in the chin, it still does better than WP. That says a lot about our platform doesn't it?

Wow tetchy! If you dislike 'our platform' that much, why are you still here?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I agree except the last sentence. :)

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Nobody's happier than Nadella this morning. Bendgate, iOS 8 update failure and stock losses are hammering Cupertino today. I don't like to see any company take PR hits because in the long run, the only ones who suffer are those who lose their jobs from the fallout. But at least it ain't MS today. Everybody, say "thank you" to Apple for taking one for the team.

1) The phrase is "taking it on the chin." Taking it in the chin would be some sort of surgical procedure. If you want to play the superiority game you might at least get the expression correct,
2) I seriously doubt anyone at Microsoft is happy since they make at least something off of most things Apple sells; have multiple cooperative agreements; and are run by grown ups.
3) I expect they would love to have the "problem" of having sold 10,000,000 of anything in a weekend.

Seriously, gloating from one's bicycle because the person with the Ferrari needs to fix a flat tire seems more than a bit silly. Microsoft would do well to emulate Apple's model and live with the problem of quirks in millions of sales and this is coming form someone who runs a Microsoft only operation. Oh BTW, in as much as Microsoft is emulating anyone it is Apple, just not yet with the same type of success.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Before we all start gloating let's wait and see just how much damage has been done. Maybe not as bad as some people think. It depends how forgiving the Apple gang is. What non-Apple think really does not matter as most of those people were not going to buy Apple anyway. COOK must be drinking at lot of Alka-Seltzer the last few days. This could be a disaster or it could be a SO WHAT. Will be interesting, to bad Microsoft has very little to sell to Apple Not-Want-A-B' s.
They have already forgiven lol.
At least they lost 23 billion from it though.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow tetchy! If you dislike 'our platform' that much, why are you still here?
Oh I don't hate WP at all. But we aren't in the position to be badmouthing Apple at all. WP closed down experience of WP is actually inspired by the iPhone. And yes iOS 7 is basically wp8 with a white theme. iOS and WP are actually very similar to each other if you think about it. Bottom line is that WP will definitely pass 10% market share but I'm not so sure if it can actually take over( monopolise the **** of like Google) the market. Windows 9 might answer to my worries.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I thought you already have left WP, oh you still there😃

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
1) The phrase is "taking it on the chin." Taking it in the chin would be some sort of surgical procedure. If you want to play the superiority game you might at least get the expression correct,
2) I seriously doubt anyone at Microsoft is happy since they make at least something off of most things Apple sells; have multiple cooperative agreements; and are run by grown ups.
3) I expect they would love to have the "problem" of having sold 10,000,000 of anything in a weekend.

Seriously, gloating from one's bicycle because the person with the Ferrari needs to fix a flat tire seems more than a bit silly. Microsoft would do well to emulate Apple's model and live with the problem of quirks in millions of sales and this is coming form someone who runs a Microsoft only operation. Oh BTW, in as much as Microsoft is emulating anyone it is Apple, just not yet with the same type of success.

Pretty much sums it up. Same kind of thing happened with Apples number when the first iPad mini launched and now its found its place. The people taking one for the team is android if you believe BGR. Android trade ins over 200 percent ahead of the iphone 6 launch. This I know personally to have merit where my son works. They couldn't give an android device away in the days preceding launch of iphone 6.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Of course the Windows Phone will never surpass Apple. Because there will always be millions of people willing to spend inflated amounts of money for a brand name, even if the product under-performs compared to other products.

Even if an Android or Windows phone came along that fit everyone's needs, desires and possible demands... Gotta get that fancy new iPhone so you don't look like a poor loser.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Of course the Windows Phone will never surpass Apple. Because there will always be millions of people willing to spend inflated amounts of money for a brand name, even if the product under-performs compared to other products.

Even if an Android or Windows phone came along that fit everyone's needs, desires and possible demands... Gotta get that fancy new iPhone so you don't look like a poor loser.
Price is high true. But its not just about device with Apple and definitely not about spec, like it is with android and in many ways Windows phone. With Apple is all about ecosystem. This is what they excel at better than anyone. It is the only product that people still line up sometimes weeks in advance to get EVEN THOUGH they already know what spec the phone will have. You can't buy that kind of loyalty. You have to earn that.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

that doesnt explain why my ipad 4 is still stuck in a reboot loop thanks to ios 8.0.2 even though i updated from ios 8

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I have no superiority complex as you implied but my title flew right past you like an F-16 on full afterburner. My use of "in" was purely on purpose since I wanted to use another anatomical reference. I figured the excellent mod team on WPC would have shut me down quickly so I threw in "chin" to keep it reasonable.

I made it a point to mention that I don't like seeing any company take such a negative hit in the public eye since these scenarios usually end up costing somebody his/her job. If you can consider that gloating, well I guess that one got past you too.

With all the negative press Microsoft gets from the media, tech bloggers and any booger-eating moron with a computer (hint), it's nice to see someone else take it for a while. Yes, I'm sure Nadella is relieved if not ecstatic.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I deeply dislike the Apple ecosystem and i deeply dislike their policies and their arrogance on the market. However, knowing even many of their employees play along with that strategy just because they need their money end of month without believing the company is actually right in what it does, it's not like i am jumping in happiness. People will lose their jobs. In other times i wouldn't care much. In times where people go kill or commit suicide when they can't get a new job i don't feel that subtle sadistic pleasure. I just genuinely think Apple devices lack innovation and are overpriced in many markets.

cdanieljohn

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
But please guys don't make this a hate tread. Laughs to apple are good, but hate aren't. Appreciate apple for making us laugh. Hahaha!

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Things like this aren't enough to dissuade people from buying iPhones... that doesn't really matter though considering I've never particularly criticized people for buying them; they're solid devices and they do what most people need them to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786