Apple's taking it in the....chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
But still iPhones are selling 10 millions.no consumer fret over it.iphone going to give run for the money for android flagships that's for sure.some may even skip a meal to get iPhones in India that day is not too farrrr.
From Windows phone

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You guys need to Stfu. 1. iOS 8.02 fixed the issues users had. 2. Apple only has 9 complaints about #bendgate people make a deal out of the littlest things and 3. The iPhone 6's have sold as much as the 520 did in a year in one week. 10 million units. And the 520 is the best selling windows phone. You guys may prefer WP but the rest of the world surely isn't. We even have some WP converts in these forums that have changed to the iPhone 6. Even when Apple is taking it in the chin, it still does better than WP. That says a lot about our platform doesn't it?

1) No excuse. You develop the hardware/software all under one roof. The data/cell data problem of 8.01 should have been caught before the release. End of story.
2) Bendgate and 9 complaints in total? Yeah, I'm going to call bull**** on that. How many devices were returned at the dealer level instead of calling the national center? It sounds like "you're holding it wrong" all over again to me.
3) It says nothing about how much better Apple is than MS Mobile. It just speaks about the relative popularity of the platforms. I remember when the 920's came out and there were complaints about how hot they got. People were holding Nokia's feet to the fire here. And yet Apple gets a pass? Uh, yeah. No.

If you think Apple needs a champion, go out and get a 6+ and come back here and boast how awesome the device is.

Edit: The long and short of it is simply this: I expect stumbles, software problems, build quality issues from everyone but Apple. iPhone fans etc will tell anyone who will listen how much better their devices are - quality from Apple is the one thing you can count on. They charge more, because the devices are worth more, etc... Now it seems that iPhones are not as well engineered as we thought, or as we are told to believe.

Oops.

Last edited:

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
1) No excuse. You develop the hardware/software all under one roof. The data/cell data problem of 8.01 should have been caught before the release. End of story.
2) Bendgate and 9 complaints in total? Yeah, I'm going to call bull**** on that. How many devices were returned at the dealer level instead of calling the national center? It sounds like "you're holding it wrong" all over again to me.
3) It says nothing about how much better Apple is than MS Mobile. It just speaks about the relative popularity of the platforms. I remember when the 920's came out and there were complaints about how hot they got. People were holding Nokia's feet to the fire here. And yet Apple gets a pass? Uh, yeah. No.

If you think Apple needs a champion, go out and get a 6+ and come back here and boast how awesome the device is.

lets see, the update was junk, it was fixed in one day, bendgate is proven to be fake, and our ms mobile ain't great but they are cheap. Three iphone 6 devices and one 6+ in this household all working great.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
lets see, the update was junk, it was fixed in one day, bendgate is proven to be fake, and our ms mobile ain't great but they are cheap. Three iphone 6 devices and one 6+ in this household all working great.

Proven to be fake, huh? Cos Timmy came out and read the letter that had taken the lawyers 3 days to prepare, you mean? Oh, and that enlightening look at their apparent testing facilities lol.

They downplayed the problem big time and you loyal fools fell for it hook, line and sinker. Again.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
This is such a childish topic - the vs conversation only has merit in specs, and that is even subjective to the current situation. Each phone and its OS is the best based on a need to need basis and user needs/experience. IOS and Android sell millions of phones for a reason, blackberry and Nokia once ruled the world, things change, and they will again. It really matters little, enjoy what you use, let everyone else enjoy what they want to for whatever reason they wish to.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Let's see, the update shouldn't have happened in the first place - everything is built, developed and tested under one roof. And it's not like a little thing like Flappy Birds isn't displaying in a proper colour - it was a data issue. The fundamental feature of any cellular device. If you bought three iPhones and they all run properly - I'll tell you a secret: they're supposed to. I've had four Windows phones myself and never had a problem with any of them, but that doesn't mean that the device is problem free for everyone.

I don't think MS Mobile is problem free - they aren't. Nowhere near. But iDevices have a reputation for unparalleled quality and the reputation is getting tarnished now.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
But still iPhones are selling 10 millions.no consumer fret over it.iphone going to give run for the money for android flagships that's for sure.some may even skip a meal to get iPhones in India that day is not too farrrr.
From Windows phone

IPhones lack variety. Even if all iPhones sell in huge numbers, they just cant overtake the total sales of Lumia X20/X25/X30/X35 sales. That's my point, iPhones are a huge success, but definitely its sales are still decreasing. IPhone 6+ bend test would be an eye opener for many iPhone users. Many of them even tried to bend their Nokia phone, result, it bent them instead. But after watching iPhone 6+ bend test, would any iPhone user try to bend his/her iPhone? I doubt that.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
IPhones lack variety. Even if all iPhones sell in huge numbers, they just cant overtake the total sales of Lumia X20/X25/X30/X35 sales. That's my point, iPhones are a huge success, but definitely its sales are still decreasing. IPhone 6+ bend test would be an eye opener for many iPhone users. Many of them even tried to bend their Nokia phone, result, it bent them instead. But after watching iPhone 6+ bend test, would any iPhone user try to bend his/her iPhone? I doubt that.

drop ur nokia just abt 1 feet the screen goes cracking, glass is more brittle where they used the curved glass, did someone try bending 925 m sure it will give same result as iphone, check out the consumer reports video, even though they applied pressure at wrong point but still its not as if you are carrying achewing gum in your pocket.

come on man, as much as I hate iphones I have to admit that they outsell all other phones, apple comes out with perfect marketing and complete eco system experience, lumia;s have a long way to go, no comparison at all

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The problem with the radios and the whole debacle with Apple maps, from a few years ago... Major issues that are now all but forgotten. The bendgate and update fiascos will be forgotten too. Apple still can do no wrong.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
drop ur nokia just abt 1 feet the screen goes cracking, glass is more brittle where they used the curved glass, did someone try bending 925 m sure it will give same result as iphone, check out the consumer reports video, even though they applied pressure at wrong point but still its not as if you are carrying achewing gum in your pocket.

come on man, as much as I hate iphones I have to admit that they outsell all other phones, apple comes out with perfect marketing and complete eco system experience, lumia;s have a long way to go, no comparison at all

This is total crap, a feet away & Nokia phones crack? Well I would like to tell you, they couldn't bend 925. Only the edges of 925 are of metal, the phone is still of polycarbonate. You should check this http://m.windowscentral.com/lumia-920-reportedly-survives-getting-crushed-24-ton-caterpillar
Now would an iPhone or any other phone would've survived that? & you talk of flexibility. Well gorilla glasses are always rigid & not so brittle. I still wonder how what materials they would've used in iPhone 6+. If you check the bend test, you would realize that the reviewer just bent the phone for science sake just to show that an iPhone could be bent, easily it would've been bent more & easily broken. & do you realize that when they tried to bend an iPhone from other side, its screen cracked. You call that good technology

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what I just said. lol.

Apple has a well stocked supply of "get out of jail free" cards. Bendgate will pass, and in the end it doesn't matter too terribly much, as Apple has a boatload of grace in the bank.

It would take something pretty critical for bad press to stick to them, but little things tend to accumulate over time and if Apple doesn't shift into high gear pretty soon, they'll start to fade.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This is total crap, a feet away & Nokia phones crack? Well I would like to tell you, they couldn't bend 925. Only the edges of 925 are of metal, the phone is still of polycarbonate. You should check this Lumia 920 reportedly survives getting crushed by a 24 ton Caterpillar | Windows Phone Central
Now would an iPhone or any other phone would've survived that? & you talk of flexibility. Well gorilla glasses are always rigid & not so brittle. I still wonder how what materials they would've used in iPhone 6+. If you check the bend test, you would realize that the reviewer just bent the phone for science sake just to show that an iPhone could be bent, easily it would've been bent more & easily broken. & do you realize that when they tried to bend an iPhone from other side, its screen cracked. You call that good technology

I wont evencare to open the link, i trust my personal experience, my lumia 800 cracked twice, one of it was hardly a feet fall it just slipped out of my hands fell on the edge n the screen was shattered, chk out my profile I hv the pic posted of it about an year back and i hv seen numerous posts of 1520s 920s 925s with cracked screens on these forums, would u call it good technology?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I wont evencare to open the link, i trust my personal experience, my lumia 800 cracked twice, one of it was hardly a feet fall it just slipped out of my hands fell on the edge n the screen was shattered, chk out my profile I hv the pic posted of it about an year back and i hv seen numerous posts of 1520s 920s 925s with cracked screens on these forums, would u call it good technology?

any phone can crack you cannot generalise that iphone are the most durable and lumias arent

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Guys and gals, my OP was about Apple's recent troubles in the press, not a segue to start another phone war. Any phone can break. All OSes have had troubled firmware release glitches at some point. The perceived notion in the public eye has always been that Apple is the gold standard in hardware and software. These recent events have shown that they are as fallible as anybody else and I'm quite sure the CEOs of the competition have breathed a sigh of relief. The fact that Samsung, LG and others have already released ads spoofing "bendgate" is a testament to this.

The public, the media, bloggers and others have fawned over Apple's products for years and have been implicit in perpetuating the hype around Apple's "aura" of superiority. Now the chickens are coming home to roost and people are going bat**** crazy.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Guys and gals, my OP was about Apple's recent troubles in the press, not a segue to start another phone war. Any phone can break. All OSes have had troubled firmware release glitches at some point. The perceived notion in the public eye has always been that Apple is the gold standard in hardware and software. These recent events have shown that they are as fallible as anybody else and I'm quite sure the CEOs of the competition have breathed a sigh of relief. The fact that Samsung, LG and others have already released ads spoofing "bendgate" is a testament to this.

The public, the media, bloggers and others have fawned over Apple's products for years and have been implicit in perpetuating the hype around Apple's "aura" of superiority. Now the chickens are coming home to roost and people are going bat**** crazy.

Yes, but phone wars tend to happen when you talk of any other company except MS. Its natural

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
You guys need to Stfu. 1. iOS 8.02 fixed the issues users had. 2. Apple only has 9 complaints about #bendgate people make a deal out of the littlest things and 3. The iPhone 6's have sold as much as the 520 did in a year in one week. 10 million units. And the 520 is the best selling windows phone. You guys may prefer WP but the rest of the world surely isn't. We even have some WP converts in these forums that have changed to the iPhone 6. Even when Apple is taking it in the chin, it still does better than WP. That says a lot about our platform doesn't it?

Only thing I would like to disagree with is the first issue. I don't care if 8.02 made me pancakes, Apple should not have pushed that thing out. Now, TouchID is one thing, but turning your newest hot product into an iPod Touch is inexcusable no matter how you look at it.

Actually, disagree on the third one too. Apple's retail strategy is much better than Nokia's ever was. Microsoft is slowly fixing the mess considering the 735 will be the first Lumia on Sprint and getting the 635 to dual-launch on AT&T and T-Mobile (as opposed to Nokia's 520/1), so they're clearly making things better, but Nokia's 5-month long rollout and Apple's global launch are hardly two comparable situations.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Apple has a well stocked supply of "get out of jail free" cards. Bendgate will pass, and in the end it doesn't matter too terribly much, as Apple has a boatload of grace in the bank.

It would take something pretty critical for bad press to stick to them, but little things tend to accumulate over time and if Apple doesn't shift into high gear pretty soon, they'll start to fade.

People have been saying that about Apple for years. I'm pretty sure the Iphone 6 will begin an entire new industry of METOO apps in the smart phone world to complete with them. What that walled garden is doing with mobile payments is huge and it begins with a trusted brand and people trust Apple.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

They said what you said during antenna-gate. Apple took care of iphone users as best it could by offering free bumpers. The lines are still there for subsequent releases of the Iphone. Its about ecosystem for Apple owners. So this won't affect them either. Pocket phone types will have to remember to remove them before they sit and the ecosystem will take care of them as it always has. For bloggers its about click bait.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Start to fade? Too funny, now that the big phones are out they are fading... as they blow on past. MS and the others need to get their act together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney