...then WP start screen becomes ugly

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I want to see a better looking live tiles I think im the only one who does NOT like transparent tiles and parallax :eck:

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
What irks me the most, is that Microsoft have some really good features on the phone, however they don't implement them themselves. Most of the Microsoft's own app, games, office, Skype, onedrive to name a few have a solid colour, and it somewhat ruins the accent colour uniformity / transparent tile look.

ortizang

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Well in my opinion I find it beautiful not to have all the apps transparent. It's just a matter of how you organize your screen. Anyway just to give you a hand you can take all those apps without transparent tiles and create a folder. That way the folder will solve the problem of the supposed ugly screen.

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
@ortizang like if i want to put Skype, Twitter or let say LinkedIn in between of the start screen, then it breaks transparent background from there as they don't have transparency :(

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
If you think solid colored tiles breaks the transparency and makes them ugly, it clearly that you don't have enough creativity arranging your tiles.

View attachment 82919View attachment 82920View attachment 82921View attachment 82922

Corey, your screen looks amazing. But what i want to point out is...i like to put messages type of apps. in first half of the screen, so i can see starting of those messages easily/instant and by doing this it breaks the transparency.

And i always love to do changes with theme color scheme with the matching start screen background.

I am not criticizing MS, but i want MS to do more. My expectations are high from this Giant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99