Windows TH (Threshold) is the dumbest name ever! What's wrong with Windows9???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I think Microsoft has made ​​a mistake to think that people like that name...

Microsoft slips 'Windows TH' name onto new technical preview site | Windows Phone Central

Everyone using that name for the next version of Windows, but it really a poor and lame name! It should just be the code name and no more!
They using "Threshold" just because there're no official name yet. But the name "Threshold" now spread across the internet and that make Microsoft think that we like that name!

Apple used to use some big cat names. That really good! The name make me feel "strong", "powerful", and "scary" but "lovely".
Now they're using place names. The feeling is "great", "nature" and "beautiful". That's great too!

Android is using candy and sweety codenames and that really clever!
Everyone love that: "sweety" and love to using it everyday!
Android L is short for Android "Lemon Meringue Pie".

But Windows... Now they will using a part of the door for the name? What The Hell?
Just looked at the messed codenames: List of Microsoft codenames - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Can anyone remember those name? Can someone explant the feeling when you heard the name "Threshold"?
Is that beautiful? Is that powerful? Is that lovely? Is that the name that someone would love to hear everyday?

That name's really awkward in Vietnamese: Windows "Ngưỡng cửa"/"Ngạch cửa" <<<< NO! JUST NO!

JUST STICK WITH WINDOWS 9 FOR THE FINAL NAME!!!

P/s: can any one do some feedbacks to Microsoft? I don't know how...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't find it that bad and maybe it still isn't a final name, who knows. But if I was there to decide I would like to see name Windows One :)

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Do you know the meaning of threshold if not take a dictionary.
Microsoft is giving a technically right name to it
So what is your point? threshold - definition of threshold by The Free Dictionary

I don't find it that bad and maybe it still isn't a final name, who knows. But if I was there to decide I would like to see name Windows One :)
Good lord, it's a placeholder. It's not the actual name. Let it go.
I really hope "Threshold" isn't the final name though! But there's potentially large that they will using it for marketing...

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It. Is. Just. A. Temporary. Name. For. Preview.
As in the last post about next Windows name, a link to twitter said "They were still voting."
They either use Windows One or Windows 9.
Stop complaining and wait. ._.
Please burn this post as it is misleading.

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
It. Is. Just. A. Temporary. Name. For. Preview.
As in the last post about next Windows name, a link to twitter said "They were still voting."
They either use Windows One or Windows 9.
Stop complaining and wait. ._.
Please burn this post as it is misleading.

Where is that twitter? I haven't seen it.
If you know something then share it! I'm not afraid of mistakes though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It won't be called Threshold once it's officially released. Vista was originally given the code name Longhorn.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Threshold is the point which everything comes together. It's what everything Microsoft has been doing has lead up to. All OS on Microsoft platforms on the same Kernel. The merging of phone and RT. Universal apps. Threshold will now bring everything together as one. Threshold is complete.convergence. Windows 9 sounds plain but it fits in with the crowd so it's cool too.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
God forbid this dude finds out about Windows XP.

But actually, its a development name.

ex:
95 - Chicago
XP - Whistler
Vista - Longhorn
2000 - NT 5.0

But still, if Threshold was the production name, I'd love it. It makes perfect sense to me considering what its slated to be.

Also, your poll is extremely biased, thanks. (I'm taking a statistics class right now, and I think its rubbing off on me)

And wow, someone needs to calm down.

Draconica5

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Seriously? You guy really think that I'm not understand the name Threshold is just a codename from the first time I heard it?

Then what happen with the "Cortana" name?
Cortana was just the codename at first then because the ton of request, It's became the final name for "Microsoft Personal Digital Assistant Home Premium".

God don't forbid me and your arrogant that think you know everything and others don't know, xandros9!
(I'm nonreligious and talking like this make me feel really weird)
Why didn't you just take the example of Windows 7 and 8? Vienna and Blue? Why 95 and 2000? too far!
I was trying to be funny on the poll, but I think I failed. Damn... But good for you with your door fetish though!

You guy can close this thread tomorrow after the event then.
I'm sorry if I'm wrong and misunderstanding. I though that they already picked the name "TH" as final name and has been leaked.

P/s: Thank you guys who explained the meaning of the name. English is not my first language.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? You guy really think that I'm not understand the name Threshold is just a codename from the first time I heard it?

Then what happen with the "Cortana" name?
Cortana was just the codename at first then because the ton of request, It's became the final name for "Microsoft Personal Digital Assistant Home Premium".

God don't forbid me and your arrogant that think you know everything and others don't know, xandros9!
(I'm nonreligious and talking like this make me feel really weird)
Why didn't you just take the example of Windows 7 and 8? Vienna and Blue? Why 95 and 2000? too far!
I was trying to be funny on the poll, but I think I failed. Damn... But good for you with your door fetish though!

You guy can close this thread tomorrow after the event then.
I'm sorry if I'm wrong and misunderstanding. I though that they already picked the name "TH" as final name and has been leaked.

P/s: Thank you guys who explained the meaning of the name. English is not my first language.

They picked Cortana because the internet asked them to. There was even a uservoice that had tens of thousands of votes. No one has asked them to call it Windows TH, that's the difference.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I wouldn't mind threshold. But TH is indeed awkward. There were a lot of jokes about it on twitter. One of them being TH as a shorthand for Trojan horse. Lol.
But, like everyone else said on this thread, it is unlikely to be used as a final name and they will probably stick with Windows 9.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just for sh**s and giggles, how do we know it WON'T be named Windows 9? I think Threshold is a pretty strong and symbolic name that sends a message to the competition - Watch out! We're just getting started and this is the "portal" to the future. See how I threw the door reference in there?

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Come on guys... I think we all have a little bit of door fetish. Just admit it.

But really, I think it's a placeholder name. If not, who cares? It's just a name; the OS is what matters most.

doob9911

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
This name is only for native english user. WOW. New OSX name is yosemite. WOW.
There are many good names that everybody knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion