The World's Tiniest Rant

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
This probably doesn't even warrant a few sentences, but I'm getting real tired of the poor performance of this website. Not any phone, haha, but WP Central. Every other website runs fine and speedy on my laptop, I can play YouTube and have three other tabs open without a hick but every time without fail this website takes absolutely forever to load, and constantly crashes so I have to refresh mid-load. It's pretty frustrating, haha.
I figure I'm not alone, or maybe I am. Wouldn't be the first time haha. But I think the people running this site could optimize it more than it is, right?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I could possibly have the tiniest solution for your tiniest rant. Try deleting your cookies. I have had a similar experience and recently deleted my cookies and used IE tracking protection and all is good in the world again. I know what takes the longest to load on this site (by far) are the ads.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It runs slightly faster in the forums but it's still slow. And I have it set so that my cookies are deleted every time I close the browser. I got tired of deleting them manually after they built up for ever.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It runs slightly faster in the forums but it's still slow. And I have it set so that my cookies are deleted every time I close the browser. I got tired of deleting them manually after they built up for ever.

Try adding the tracking protection or an ad blocker. Again, the Ads are responsible for more than 50% the loading time!

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Since I use tapatalk on my phone the most to use any of the mobile nation website, i have tried going here wpcentral and android central using my samsung galaxy tab 3 using chrome; there were no ad on there but it was kind of dreadfully slow navigating the site. Out of curiosity I went to wpcentral using my lumia 521, internet explorer forced closed back to my start page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12