Last night I broke away from the iron stranglehold of society, faced the resolve of the very flustered world and laughed. I have, and I will, change and remain true to change. "No change is permanent, but change is." Yes, my friends, I have completed a drastic act of fulfillment, desperately seeking a unique perspective on the modern world. I have...changed the theme of my phone from cobalt to cyan.
    Yeah, the entirety of this post is utter nonsense.
    But it helps me make a point. It's quite amusing to read the posts of easily frustrated, vain people on this forum. The minority, of course! But they are the people that are satisfied, given resistance that they may rant at.
    These are the people that take something so small and insignificant and blow it drastically out of proportion, twisting the smallest truth into their own opinions. They overreact, cussing and spitting when someone thinks to stand against them. It's a good laugh, I must say. I see it everywhere on the internet. especially YouTube, haha. And now Windows 10 has been announced, and all these people have emerged to bring up something small and toss it in the face of the more logical, infuriating and entrapping those people in heated arguments that never go anywhere because these people are incredibly stubborn. The people who can't accept change of any kind...or maybe they can and just don't want to.
    So, quite simply, here's what I think of Windows 10. This is my opinion. It is subject to change. It is capable of bending. Because it is truth, not fact.
    I think Windows 10 is a much needed change. Change being the keyword. It is a change, giving us a gateway to a much smoother integration of our PC's, tablets, and phones. And whatever it is, we'll stay true to it, because what else can we do? I think this is good. Yeah, of course there are problems but when aren't there? I'm going to choose to live with them, and if they're too large I'll speak out.

This was really cluttered, no organization whatsoever. Oh well, it was fun to write and I don't really care, haha.
    HeyCori and WanderingTraveler like this.
    10-02-2014 01:12 PM
    Last night I broke away from the iron stranglehold of society, faced the resolve of the very flustered world and laughed. Snip.
    Awesome quote!
    I agree with everything you posted. I think MS, and all competitors have quite a problem ahead. Customization is great, it gives everyone the option to set things up exactly how they like them. But, if they aren't extremely careful as to how they set up the customization, they run the risk of making things too complicated to set up. Die hard users will always take the time to set things up their way, but I think casual users can become frightened and confused by too many options, and it can become a lot of work to set things up. I'm also quite happy with W10, and can't wait to see what becomes of it, and how the experience will translate to phones and the Internet of Things.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    10-02-2014 02:00 PM
    Awesome quote!
    I agree with everything you posted. I think MS, and all competitors have quite a problem ahead. Customization is great, it gives everyone the option to set things up exactly how they like them. But, if they aren't extremely careful as to how they set up the customization, they run the risk of making things too complicated to set up. Die hard users will always take the time to set things up their way, but I think casual users can become frightened and confused by too many options, and it can become a lot of work to set things up. I'm also quite happy with W10, and can't wait to see what becomes of it, and how the experience will translate to phones and the Internet of Things.
    Casual users..... can become... more than those who follow others to see what they should want, say, and buy.

Casual users of WP are just like those of any other platforms, using their phones until they need someone to fix it for them. They have no desire to explore the settings, seek out technical sites to garner knowledge and try to make the devices their own.

They are the sheep, regardless of make or model of device... Until they decide to become more than just a casual user.

Once they decide to no longer be a sheep person and try to learn, they no longer will be satisfied with others telling them what they want and start to decide for themselves what they want. They overcome that fear that made them lambs and find others who were just like themselves and know that they aren't alone. Strength in numbers bolsters them and know they are now faced with more frightening perils.... from those that come with knowledge... to be free.. or face conformity with certain platforms.

Sometimes they revert back to their old safe sandbox, scared of what the real world offers, back to live within their walled gardens to exist on strict diets of force fed brain washing praying to forget what they had learned, but the damage has been done, they can never forget the taste of freedom and long for a change. It's not easy for them, not since those who are with them demand fealty to the platform... those purists who speak with such biases against others who ask for change... They shout down anyone who speaks out against the ruling elite, telling them that they should be grateful for what they are given and what is going to be soon.

For some these promises of greatness is enough, and they gleefully assimilate easily back into the fold, but for others that small taste of knowledge and freedom keeps alive a spark within them to finally break free from the biases that have held them back for so long. They stop listening to others and seek out those like themselves who can appreciate all devices for what they truly are, exploring each to see them for not only what they are today, but what each can become tomorrow. They've learned what they want and are no longer afraid to go against the grain to be unique and to cast aside fears of being shouted down by any elitist from any group of purists.

Being on a site like this one, gives a spark of reasoning to those casual users looking for a change.... don't try to extinguish it... Nurture it, because if you do it can spread to others who are needing it.

Freedom isn't easy, but restrictions hamper growth. Given a great many options while confusing can be softened with great information and clear precise instructions and patience... All walks of life visit this site from those who have been led to those who have been leading and every single one has been the former at one point in their lives.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    10-02-2014 04:24 PM
    You there! Yes, you! The one beyond the screen that divides and unites our worlds? Yes, you.

You alone hold the knowledge that can let you break free from the shackles of ignorance, from the chains of sheepery, from the traps of PR.

But, do note! This freedom comes at a cost.

That cost is you. Your willingness to keep yourself informed, to keep your mind open about whatever, to keep thinking for yourself.

If you wish not to, then go ahead and don't think.

After all, it really is much easier to not bite the hand that feeds you, no?
    10-03-2014 11:02 PM