Hi folks

Wanted to write a few lines to share my experience with WP and my thoughts and plans for the future. I've been smitten with WP since I got my Omnia 7 and have stuck with the OS faithfully up till 8.1.1. The purpose of this post is not to flame or troll, I've been the biggest WP advocate you could ever meet. I've had the Omnia 7, Lumia 920, 925 and the 1020. I've developed several apps and pretty much bored my friends over the years with all my tales of windows phone and how far it's came over the past few years.

2 days ago I bought an LG G3 and already I can say that it shames the WP OS and with the exceptions of Cortana and the 1020 camera there is little about WP that I'll miss.

I'll continue to make the odd app for WP and keep an eye on it's progress, hopefully one day I'll be enticed back, but for now - there's a new love in my life and she goes by the name Android.
    LTTG likes this.
    10-03-2014 08:10 AM
    I will switch too. Perhaps Nexus 6 or OnePlus One.
    10-03-2014 08:17 AM
    I will switch too. Perhaps Nexus 6 or OnePlus One.
    One Plus sucks. Worst beta device I ever tested. Go for a Nexus 6
    10-03-2014 08:25 AM
    I've just had a look at the "Leaping Sprout" apps you created - 8 in total. They're not exactly lighting up the app store are they? A total of 10 ratings...

You may as well take the apps with you and leave some room for developers who are dedicated to creating quality rather than quantity.

Enjoy Android, the scams, the viruses, the poor quality. As El Reg calls them - Landroidfill - So cheap and tacky that they are disposable.
    vineetbhat likes this.
    10-03-2014 08:31 AM
    Good that you finally switched, I always tell people to go with what they're happy with rather than sticking with a platform because everyone else is using it. Glad you like the G3 and hopefully you keep supporting the WP platform with your apps.
    LTTG likes this.
    10-03-2014 08:32 AM
    So you basically registered just to say goodbye? Okay...
    10-03-2014 08:33 AM
    WOW 5 comments in and already people are getting personal (something else I wont miss) from all the many thousands of downloads I've had, I receive lots of positive feedback on a daily basis, it was only ever a hobby for me and to help bring something different / exclusive to the wp market place - I didn't put adverts on them and didn't charge for the majority of them either. I did it for the love of it and to help in my own small way to help promote WP, you obviously choose to do that by insulting people - let me know how that works out for you.

Thanks pankaj981 for your maturity and welcome back. You clearly read what I wrote and while WP may not be right for me at the moment, I have been loyal to it in the past and would never rule out a return.

peace out
    LTTG likes this.
    10-03-2014 08:54 AM
    ... 2 days ago I bought an LG G3 and already I can say that it shames the WP OS...
    Wouldn't say it shames Windows phone OS, but glad you found what you like.
    10-03-2014 09:08 AM
    I've just had a look at the "Leaping Sprout" apps you created - 8 in total. They're not exactly lighting up the app store are they? A total of 10 ratings...

You may as well take the apps with you and leave some room for developers who are dedicated to creating quality rather than quantity.

Enjoy Android, the scams, the viruses, the poor quality. As El Reg calls them - Landroidfill - So cheap and tacky that they are disposable.
    Gotta remember they are just phones, lol
    gano101 likes this.
    10-03-2014 09:14 AM
    Hi Felix, Your right, I was a bit rude there. to be honest the main thing I've found is that the big name apps on Android are far more polished. I hope that these devs stick with WP and WP continues to grow. WP is a nice OS to work with, the apps look beautiful etc... nothing but love for WP here just time for a change I s'ppose.
    Felix Bank likes this.
    10-03-2014 09:19 AM
    I've got a LG G3 too and it's a really really good device. And Android is a surprise for me, since my last experience with de OS. BUT I will keep my Lumia 920 and wait for the next update. Maybe I will get the next "Lumia 940" . But for now I'm really happy with LG G3.
    10-03-2014 09:28 AM

People like you disgust me... He's free to do whatever he likes.
    10-03-2014 09:37 AM
    Android has come a long way. With a few settings tweaks on my S5 it feels very smooth with no lag. Funny how a lot of WP users assume that all android phones have lag or suck for some reason. I love all tech and find the best in every platform.
    I don't blame the dev for liking the G3 and wanting to switch. From a fiscal standpoint it makes perfect sense.
    LTTG likes this.
    10-03-2014 09:42 AM
    ...from all the many thousands of downloads I've had, I receive lots of positive feedback on a daily basis
    Let the stats speak for themselves:

Search results for "leaping sprout" | Windows Phone (United States)
    10-03-2014 10:10 AM
    I agree, no need for personal attacks. But... There's also no need for goodbye posts. No one at Microsoft, or here, will really miss you. You just registered, dude. Great, you like android. There's a WHOLE other world to praise that. Happy you found a phone you like though. :)
    HeyCori and badcat like this.
    10-03-2014 11:28 PM
    10-04-2014 01:11 AM