The Best Windows Phone You Can Buy

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
The 735 has better cameras, wireless charging, more manageable design for the majority of people, much better display and is priced better.

I know that, I was not saying 1320 as the best phone, I've already said in my previous posts, for a given price 730/735 is the best buy, if I didn't have 1320 now, I would've gone for 730. I was just answering the poster that 1320 is not that bad phone as he says, that's it

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
You don't quite understand, resolution is a number that directly ties with the screen size in turn leading to how pixel packed a display is.

Any display with a PPI of above 326 held at regular phone distance you will not be able to discern pixels, at least this what Apple claimed when they came out with iPhone 4's "Retina" display.

But as the screen size increases you need more resolution to keep up with it, *ESPECIALLY* if you hold the device very close to your eyes.

This is why a 720p 4 inch display would be great, but if you had a 6 inch or above with a 720p display, it would be below average display, terrible actually if you read a lot of text.

Just as an example some Android OEMs and Snapdragon are also pushing towards 2K displays on devices with 5.5 inch+ screens, which is a bit overkill.

But for a 6 inch screen, a 1080p panel is must, or at least a high enough resolution to get above 290 PPI which is still acceptable.

Sorry for complicating everything so much, just wanted to share this.

My phone has the best display than most of the phones. I don't have any issues regarding clarity, the display is awesome, I have more resolution than most iPhones. That's it, I am satisfied with my phone, no complaints. I am using my phone, I know a lot better than you do.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
My phone has the best display than most of the phones. I don't have any issues regarding clarity, the display is awesome, I have more resolution than most iPhones. That's it, I am satisfied with my phone, no complaints. I am using my phone, I know a lot better than you do.
The 1320 is an OK phone. Its also a bit off topic. (Don't want a mod to lock this)

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on the size of the phone--and what your budget can allow--when it comes to the best WP. Personally, I would have bought the 930 if I could have LTE on AT&T. However, after upgrading my 920 for a 1520 I can say that the 1520 is the best WP on the market...if you can mind the size (like everyone else said here).

The problem I have with the 730/735 and the 830/835 is the processor. I know that with WP and its OS the processor doesn't matter, but when I'm not allowed to receive full update capabilities, i.e. Hey Cortana on Lumia Denim because of the processor, that immediately throws up a red flag. Mind you, this is only speculation that the feature may run just on SD800 or above. Still, this reason alone made me not upgrade to one of these phones and go for the 1520.

koolnaija

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For the current batch of phones on the market, I think the 930 takes the win there.
I think the best all around WP was the Samsung Ativ S
It had most of the features from the Lumia 735 for a phone introduced in 2012
A lot of potential lost there.

samsung-ativ-s-new.jpg

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
we need something with 930 specs packed into a thinner body of the 830, but with an excellent front facing camera of the 73x

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I'm all about waiting, because the options are all pretty much crap right now. My sister got the Icon on Friday, but that's her impatience. I voted for the 1520, because it's the only device with a good SoC, camera, and display. Here are my complaints across the spectrum of devices:

Anything in the 5xx-7xx line: Low-resolution display, weak camera, low-end SoC, minimal RAM, little on-board storage
830: Low-end SoC, average camera, below-average display, poor long-term viability (inability to support new features like Hey Cortana)
Icon/930: Not available on AT&T, AMOLED display doesn't support Glance, reports of potential display burn-in, American colors are limited to black and white.
1020: 2-year-old SoC (now junk), small-ish body (camera housing belongs in a bigger device, IMO), color options are mediocre, display is mediocre in 2014
1520: Size COULD be too much, wireless charging is removed on AT&T, only 16 GB of base, on-board storage, slightly-old SoC

The 1520 got my vote because I'm on AT&T, but it's still a real compromise. I don't know that I'd want a 6" device. I don't like that AT&T removed the wireless charging. Halving the base storage is disappointing. The Snapdragon 800 is due for an upgrade (which will mean the hexa- and octa-core stuff running in big.LITTLE). I just think that my 920 does more than enough to carry me to a 1030 or 1530, while I think that a new customer is better off waiting, or getting a low-end device to tide himself over to a new release, rather than signing up for 2 years of the mediocre (at best) 830.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I'm all about waiting, because the options are all pretty much crap right now. My sister got the Icon on Friday, but that's her impatience. I voted for the 1520, because it's the only device with a good SoC, camera, and display. Here are my complaints across the spectrum of devices:

Anything in the 5xx-7xx line: Low-resolution display, weak camera, low-end SoC, minimal RAM, little on-board storage
830: Low-end SoC, average camera, below-average display, poor long-term viability (inability to support new features like Hey Cortana)
Icon/930: Not available on AT&T, AMOLED display doesn't support Glance, reports of potential display burn-in, American colors are limited to black and white.
1020: 2-year-old SoC (now junk), small-ish body (camera housing belongs in a bigger device, IMO), color options are mediocre, display is mediocre in 2014
1520: Size COULD be too much, wireless charging is removed on AT&T, only 16 GB of base, on-board storage, slightly-old SoC

The 1520 got my vote because I'm on AT&T, but it's still a real compromise. I don't know that I'd want a 6" device. I don't like that AT&T removed the wireless charging. Halving the base storage is disappointing. The Snapdragon 800 is due for an upgrade (which will mean the hexa- and octa-core stuff running in big.LITTLE). I just think that my 920 does more than enough to carry me to a 1030 or 1530, while I think that a new customer is better off waiting, or getting a low-end device to tide himself over to a new release, rather than signing up for 2 years of the mediocre (at best) 830.
The ,7XX has a decent camera on both ends, better display than the 830, wireless charging, etc.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
All WPs are good, its a personal choice what you want to buy, if someone is not concerned about his budget, he will definitely go for 1520/930. Or 830. If someone is willing to buy a mid ranged phone, 730/735 is the best one. If someone is low on budget, he can go for 530, 630/635. Its a personal choice, whatever phone you use it becomes the perfect one for you...

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
whats the best medicine in the world?
no answer right! its all down to illness etc
same with the thread title,its all down to prefernces

the most balanced windows phone so far is the 720 imho,730/735 isnt much of an upgrade considering loss of glance,camera button,capacitive keys
though battery and camera performance etc is the best on the 7xx!!
runner up phone is the 830 and 820!!
(note- this is purely my preference and opinion,it need not be everyones opinion and on paper the best windows phones are the 1520,1020..
920,930 ,925 dont make it here because of higher price tag,lack of glance on the 930,no sd card slot and limited storage options-16gb and 32gb)

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If you're budget constrained, a (very) good option is still the (2 year old) Lumia 920.
Very solid spec'd phone, 32gb onboard ... can be had for ~~ $200. USD ...

I gave mine to my wife (I'd still be using it, but, when she wanted it, I upgraded to the Lumia 1520), she absolutely luvs it (though, she's NOT a power user) & has NO plans to upgrade it for the foreseeable future. It's NOT the latest spec'd phone, but, for the regular user, just might be a very good choice - plus, it's built like a tank (could be a pro or a con).

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Well L730 is a great phone. It will be sold like hot cake. I am going to get it myself as it's in my budget. But I have to say L1520 is the best WP. Overall it's the best.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Personally. I hope that the One comes out on TMO in the near future. The styling is down right stunning, and it's feature packed. The fact it can more than likely share accessories with the Android version is a huge plus for me. As great as the other phones are, they aren't as chuffing great as the HTC. Only real drawback is the fact the camera isn't quite as strong, but I'm not exactly an avid photographer... so this isn't a huge drawback for me.

Otherwise I wouldn't mind an Ativ SE. Solid update of the Ative S.

Tom Mrazek

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Even better, if within budget, I would say, is the 925. Thinner, slightly better camera, almost the same price, much more compact than the Icon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte