Waiting for 1525...

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
What NEWS ?
Haven't seen anything credible, yet.

I think tthere is enough credible evidence that something is in the works. I think the speculation about specs is a complete guess. I often wonder why manufacturers keep the development a secret. I understand why you wouldn't let out the specifics, but at least say "the 1520 will be updated with a new version next year." That way we don't wake up one day and find out it has been "retired" like we did with the Icon.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I think tthere is enough credible evidence that something is in the works ...

OBVIOUSLY, there is something in the works (one would hope so, anyway).

Credible evidence would illuminate : What, when, where etc. - of which there is none.

Primarily, will a new flagship drop for the upcoming holiday season (has it already gone thru design, testing, etc - scheduled for manufacture)
OR
are we waiting for the appearance of Windows 10 (for phones) to announce a new flagship - which puts it over 6 months to a year out on the horizon.

I must admit, the silence is deafening.

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm... But, the phone needs an update soon. Unless they plan to "retire" the model line (like the Icon) it would STILL seem logical that an updated 801 processor and Gorilla Glass 3, among other logical refreshes would be needed to keep the unit relevant. WP can not continue to update their handsets in a less than timely manner & succeed.

koolnaija

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 930 aka Icon is still available. Whether the phone needs an update is a matter of perspective. It performs all the functions and capabilities currently available for WP 8.1, now for Win 10 unknown. So should Microsoft follow the same path as others, making new phones every year. The next "best thing".
Personally i prefer building hardware for the future and working on the software over that time. Now i understand that the pace of technology these days makes it costly but it seems to be working for some and it can work for Microsoft if they can get it right

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
So should Microsoft follow the same path as others, making new phones every year. The next "best thing".

Yes! Yes they should. Because the public talks about it, the media talks about it and most importantly people BUY it. The carriers are even responding to the trend with their edge, jump, next programs. If you don't you are the equivalent of an iPhone 4S sitting next to a store full of iPhone 6. Lame.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Actually more than anything I hate how long we wait in between windows versions. There is nothing worse than building a new computer with a 2 year old operating system. I built my computer in 2011 with windows 7 and it was a nightmare to install. I built another computer in 2009 shortly after windows 7's release. The difference is night and day. Not to mention windows 7 still won't see my keyboard during boot (the menu that appears if your computer wasn't shut down properly) because its plugged into my USB 3.0 hub.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12