Waiting for 1525...

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
With the news of the 1525 possibly finally seeing some light; while I am excited, I'm still going to wait and see what comes with it.

My 920 has about had it and. Need a replacement bad. Zune and the way Windows Phone 7 handled my Movies, TV Shows, and Music brought me to this platform. Loved it, loved it, loved it. 3/4 of my mobile use is media consumption/use. But the fact that they have turned Xbox Music, Video, Podcast, etc into 20 different apps that completely ignore our own privately owned media has completely made the media handling useless. As much as I love this OS's looks and style, the media apps are so bad, that if by the time the 1525 comes around, if Microsoft has not done something to make the apps one WP, W8, WRT cater to our own movies, TV shows, and music, I may have to look else where. That would make me sad, but I can't see compromising on what I mainly use the device for outside of phone calls just because it looks pretty.

Unfortunately Microsoft has taken the "you don't know what you want - we do" stance on so many things, I am not to confident this is going to happen. The more we tell them what to do, the more they do the opposite. They are so busy listening to what the Apple people make fun of them about, than what their loyal customers like and ask for. Bad news.... nothing you do will ever bring an Apple crony over. Your best bet is to listen to those that know what you have and what they say needs to be improved or implemented, and hope that sways those who aren't sold on any device. The Apple thing is a cult and nothing you do is going to convince those people to leave. Start worrying about your fan base first before you end up with nothing,

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This place for one. A few other obscure places have been mentioning about the same for the past few months. Have been waiting for a larger source but it hasn't happened yet.

Very vague, but like I said, if they don't fix the Zune to Xbox transformation soon it wont matter what the OS is running on.

‘Nokia Lumia 1525’ Another Innovative Creation was Made By Nokia know its Release Date Specs Features and Latest News Here : Trending : Hallels

Put bluntly, I think that story was pulled out of someone's rear and I wouldn't wait for a 1525 just yet.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Won't matter either way. They don't start listening to us and stop telling us what they think we want, they customer base is going to keep decreasing.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
We are officially past the x20 series of phones. I'd think if Microsoft was going to refresh the 1520, they'd release the 1530. But as others have said, we haven't found any credible evidence yet.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
And multiple sources all reporting the same thing...you just have to look elsewhere.

‘Nokia’ to be Removed From Lumia 1525 Name as Microsoft Rebrands Windows Phone

Multiple sources ?

These are all credible, long standing bastions of information ?

When ZDnet, CNET, BGR, WPCentral, Engadget, Phone Scoop, XDA or some other news site anybody has heard of reports it, then, maybe you got a rumor.

Are YOU kidding me ?

Like the old Poker saying : ' ... if you can't find the worst player on the table, you need to look in the mirror ... '
'... you can't milk donkeys ... '

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
There is little to no real world difference between the current snapdragon 800 SoC used in the 1520 and the 801 sometimes rumored to be in the so called 1525 so what's the upside here? The 1520 is still as future proof as a phone can be - it's received sensorcore support already and will get always-listening Cortana as well.

The 1525 would, according to "leaked" specs, be a natural progression of the 1520 similar to how the i5 processor was bumped up in the Surface Pro 2 shortly after release. If, and when, they release a proper update to the 1520 it will include at least a 805 SoC and more than likely it will happen around the time W10 is released.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
All the sources you just named have had history of wrong and false information. So I wouldn't be soap boxing anyone. You have blown my whole point about them destroying the media handling for many of us that use the phone primarily for that, and turned it into your own nit-pick party. Congrats. You are a tech-guru beyond anything the rest of us could ever strive to be. Still doesn't change the point that they hate made a mess of the way the ecosystem they have transformed into has made it close to impossible to deal with your own media on anything other than full blown Windows 8.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
All the sources you just named have had history of wrong and false information. So I wouldn't be soap boxing anyone. You have blown my whole point about them destroying the media handling for many of us that use the phone primarily for that, and turned it into your own nit-pick party. Congrats. You are a tech-guru beyond anything the rest of us could ever strive to be. Still doesn't change the point that they hate made a mess of the way the ecosystem they have transformed into has made it close to impossible to deal with your own media on anything other than full blown Windows 8.

HUH !

There's no excuse for that gibberish you just wrote, because (as opposed to some on here) you speak English, natively.

We're looking for credible sources ... you know, sources that get most of it correct, not make it up.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
HUH !

There's no excuse for that gibberish you just wrote, because (as opposed to some on here) you speak English, natively.

We're looking for credible sources ... you know, sources that get most of it correct, not make it up.
Got bad news for you, when it comes to tech, until the company itself announces it, nothing is credible. They all get some right and they all get some wrong. Either way, what you are nit-picking isn't even really the point of my post. It's about Microsoft not listening to it's customers and doing what they think they should want as opposed to what they are telling them they want.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got a new rumor boys.
It's from a super secret informant!

The Lumia 1029 is coming soon! This holiday season actually.
It will come to all major carriers, and then some. (MetroPCS, Tracfone...)
Equipped with 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of eMMC storage, a 4800 mAh battery, a penta-core 32-bit Intel i9, and a 8K 4.1" ClearBlack display, it's going to blow the competition away. Unfortunately it may not have glance onboard, meaning few will buy the device. The camera has been greatly improved, now rivaling the capabilities of the Hubble Space Telescope, a Rebel, and Gavin Free, it is a technological marvel.
All for $499 unlocked. And it is also the first phone with Windows 10 and the Lumia Flamingo driver package.
But still, the possibility of glance's absence means many may simply pass on the device, instead choosing the superior iPhone 5s with its revolutionary design.

All I need now is a website to post this on and boom!

koolnaija

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If the 1525 is released as a Lumia or Windows phone would be nice but in order a lot of people outside of us, its has to have potential to stand up to the iPhone 6 and Note 4. Technology changes too fast these days for the possibility of it keeping pace with the S6 but Samsung seems to be running out of new ideas. Now the main issue is will it be able to use Windows 10 features, not just some but all launch day features. Additional features will always be added in the future and cannot expect every legacy device to run them.

So to outline my list for this speculative Windows phone from Microsoft, HTC, Samsung, LG (if they ever jump back in)
Specs: SD 801 or higher processor, 5' - 6' 1080p screen, Camera button (i'm still partial to the hardware key), SD card support, Windows 10 launch capable, available from T-Mobile, 20+ MP Camera (has to be slightly better than 1520 :winktongue:), decent front facing camera. I don't know if anyone misses this from WP7 but wireless syncing between PC and Phone.

Again this just my imagination at work and hopefully something close to this is released soon and HTC M8 does not count.

Last edited:

koolnaija

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got a new rumor boys.

Equipped with 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of eMMC storage, a 4800 mAh battery, a penta-core 32-bit Intel i9, and a 8K 4.1" ClearBlack display, it's going to blow the competition away. Unfortunately it may not have glance onboard, meaning few will buy the device. The camera has been greatly improved, now rivaling the capabilities of the Hubble Space Telescope, a Rebel, and Gavin Free, it is a technological marvel.
All for $499 unlocked. And it is also the first phone with Windows 10 and the Lumia Flamingo driver package.
But still, the possibility of glance's absence means many may simply pass on the device, instead choosing the superior iPhone 5s with its revolutionary design.

So i'm assuming the Lumia Epsilon software will be skipped for the 1029, I heard there were excellent Infrared capabilities that were part of Epsilon software update for some Lumia phones. As for website pass it on to BGR. i respect them for their love of apple devices but still need less bias on the site.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
What I would really like to see from the 1525/1530/whatever is a stylus. I don't need it often, but it would be a nice feature. Then you can compete with the note series which include the stylus.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
What I would really like to see from the 1525/1530/whatever is a stylus. I don't need it often, but it would be a nice feature. Then you can compete with the note series which include the stylus.

Mt buddy had a case for the 1520 that came with a stylus and a pretty hidden sleeve to hold it in. Not totally ideal, but if the 1525 doesn't come with a stylus, guess you could look at that route.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
We agree on that, a stylus enabled (packing) replacement for the L1520 would be a step in the right direction.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I got a new rumor boys.

"Unfortunately it may not have glance onboard, meaning few will buy the device" <- this absolutely destroyed me.

.......................... I think I love you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro