Mobile security face-off

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Interesting although I can't help but feel ios gets so much more attention than wp it is at more risk..

Agreed; WP is inherently very secure, but it can also thank its low market share for not being a target.

I'm surprised that Android did as well as it did, even though it came in last. This article reported that Android has 60% of malware infections, which is significantly lower than its market share. I've seen other reports of 97%, which I find to be a bit more believable.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Agreed; WP is inherently very secure, but it can also thank its low market share for not being a target.

I'm surprised that Android did as well as it did, even though it came in last. This article reported that Android has 60% of malware infections, which is significantly lower than its market share. I've seen other reports of 97%, which I find to be a bit more believable.

I can believe the 60% malware infections, not everything in the google play store is a malware driven menace; probably not including sideloading apps perhaps.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

WP did well? We must have read different articles. The article said iOS 8 "wins" on app quality control and app security, automatic data encryption, TouchID, parental controls and Find My Friends.

WP 8.1 "wins" for extra backup space (to Onedrive) and easy backup configuration.

Guess one win for WP is better than none. Android KitKat didn't get any "wins" from the author.

luxnws

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I can believe the 60% malware infections, not everything in the google play store is a malware driven menace; probably not including sideloading apps perhaps.

It does not say that 60% of Android phones have malware.

The article says that of mobile devices infected with malware, 60% are on Android platforms. So if that is true, it also means 40% of mobile malware occurs on other platforms like IOS and WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes