If anyone is like me, I bought my awesome Lumia 920 (insurance gave me the 925 after a few drops) 2 years ago and the time has come for another upgrade. No problem right? I'll just walk through those ATT doors and request the latest and greatest WP comparable to recent devices launched (iPhone 6, LG G3). Not exactly.

The 1020 is nice but I'd like a bigger screen and the 1520 is a bit too big. The 830 is tempting, but as we've all noticed it lags true 'flagship' specs. Also, it now seems as if the Icon is losing support from Verizon so switching carriers seems doubtful. Is the M8 running WP coming to ATT? I'm not too sure but if so that would be the my next best option. If not then, well....now what? First world problems I know, but I'd like to stick with WP because the OS is just fabulous. However, with the lack of another flagship device, appropriately launched 2 years later from one of its most significant devices (920), MS is not exactly giving us any option here but to switch to another OS.

I can't be alone in this battle. The 920 launched 2 years ago and I'm sure a lot of us jumped on contract to purchase it.

Any advice folks? I'd like to know what others who are eligible for an upgrade this fall are doing.

Thanks all!
    10-09-2014 07:25 PM
    Since I don't have an urgent need to upgrade at this time--my 920 still works fine--I'm going to wait until next year for the new Windows 10 devices.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    Simple_WiLL likes this.
    10-09-2014 07:34 PM
    Real good question (just saw the Verizon article).

I'll be keeping my Lumia 1520, indefinitely. I bought this (3rd party eBay) to replace my (on contract till Nov) Lumia 920, now my wife's phone. She's keeping it, changing devices is of little interest to her - she likes her 920 the way it is.

I fully expected an announcement by now of something high end coming out for the holidays. BUT, either MS is taking a page from Apple's book (& nobody's leaking), or there's nothing on the immediate horizon.

Either way, I bought into a budding infrastructure, because it wasn't Android & wasn't Apple, avoiding the negative's of each OS, a sort of middle ground between Open & walled garden. This (after all the obits written about Windows Phone) could be the biggest threat yet to Windows Phone continuing to grow, unless ...

an announcement is forthcoming, but it better be soon (before November 1).
    Simple_WiLL likes this.
    10-09-2014 07:42 PM
    Great ideas. The current phones WP have are quite good and should suffice for now. But, as the bratty consumer I can be at times, its tough to see the new shiny devices and be stuck with an "older" phone. Especially after the long 2 year contract cycle.
    10-09-2014 10:03 PM
    I'm eligible for upgrade in February. My plan is to hang on to my 1020 indefinitely, and see about a discount on my bill since the subsidy is paid off. If I get the urge to replace it, I'll start looking for a good deal on an unlocked unbranded current or recent comparable model. I am sick of being enslaved to any telecom company for two years at a time and sick of being at their mercy for support and updates..
    10-11-2014 12:59 AM