10-12-2014 02:05 PM
162 ... 34567
tools
    What do you mean by comeback? Windows Phone was never near the top. What comeback is it supposed to make?

Every single year, the same stuff. 2012 will be the year for WP, and then, 2013 will be the year for Microsoft and then 2014 will be the year for Microsoft...and you know how it goes.

Every. Single. Year. The same thing happens WP never thrives.

Sure it'll gain a little bit of marketshare here and there, but no year has yet to come in favour of the "massive growth" for Windows Phone that people keep on talking about.
    history lesson for you-
    sigh 14 years olds like you wouldnt know that Nokia,BB,Moto and Palm,Windows Mobile ruled the phone world before 2009
    symbian was the largest followed by palm,bbos,windows mobile
    since Nokia owns Symbian,Meego etc and Microsoft owns Nokia and Windows mobile, therefore it is counted as a comeback
    Never argue with a 90s "kid" aka me,ive seen the entire phone trend introduction and seen floppies etc decline
    10-11-2014 09:19 AM
    Yeah windows phone is done.... Hello windows 10
    Jorge Holguin and Blu3V3nom07 like this.
    10-11-2014 09:22 AM
    history lesson for you-
    sigh 14 years olds like you wouldnt know that Nokia,BB,Moto and Palm,Windows Mobile ruled the phone world before 2009
    since Nokia owns Symbian,Meego etc and Microsoft owns Nokia and Windows mobile, therefore it is counted as a comeback
    Never argue with a 90s "kid" aka me,ive seen the entire phone trend introduction and seen floppies etc decline
    I'm all for the 90s "Millenial" youngster pride being one of the generation and all.... But you are kind of being harsh on the guy. That is a really stretch of an association. There is no more "Nokia" to make a comeback. At least not until "Nokia" starts making devices again which won't be for a few years now.
    Windows Phone by itself as a thing hasn't had a rise and fall to suddenly come under the generous umbrella of "comebacks"...
    10-11-2014 09:27 AM
    Even Android was mainstream only after 4 years after its inception. So be patient
    1413037588379.jpg

I believe the numbers speak for themselves.

By features we have enough; let's remember the complain hasn't' been the lack of feature is the 'lack' of apps. Many iPhone users won't change even if apples sell them a piece of rock with the apple logo on it; that is a fact. So I would say there is a 10 to 20% of iPhone users that are no blinded by Apple[and maybe more] and in the Android side the % is greater. The Android market is so saturated that people are going to get tired of it and will look for something different. Samsung lost 60% profit.
    Your biggest mistake is thinking that Windows Phone has enough features. Maybe for you it does, but not for everyone.

If MS told about the upcoming features of WP 10, then this thread would've been totally useless. It's still useless, though some of them might not consider it.
    But Microsoft didn't, did it? So saying that Windows 10 will put Android and iOS in danger is totally irrelevant when we don't even know what Windows 10 will have for mobile.

You are talking about an OS which is already#3, & soon with decreasing iPhone sales& increasing WP sales, it'll be #2.
    Windows Phone is #3 with less than 5% marketshare after 4 years, not really a huge achievement if you ask, or anyone for that matter.

history lesson for you-
    But we aren't talking about Nokia here, we're talking about Windows Phone and it's giant "comeback" that everyone speaks of, every single year.

Windows Phone was never on top, stop mentioning other OSes, it can't make a "comeback".

Can it grow? Yes for sure. But there is no comeback, when it was never popular.
    10-11-2014 09:32 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1413037588379.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	84263

That tragic RIM line though. IDK why I laughed at it.
    EssThree likes this.
    10-11-2014 09:44 AM
    I still believe, perhaps foolishly, that this could be a valuable thread in this community. We will be watching how this thread progresses - if everyone sticks to the topic at hand and weighs the argument it might prove to be a good insight into the psyche of the WP userbase with its hopes and dreams for WP and the reality of how the consumers feel.

On the other hand if you continue to bicker and post meaningless things like graphs that really have little basis in reality, this thread will be closed.

Its your choice guys.
    10-11-2014 11:00 AM
    Close this thread please....... An Android fanboy is ruining it.
    10-11-2014 11:09 AM
    Good point but not entirely correct. Microsoft did acquire SOME very useful patents as well as long term licensing deals. Microsoft made a very shrewd deal that will bring in lots of cash and technology for their mobile division. This was 7 billion well spent. Bill Gates personal wealth alone increased by $8 billion this year.

http://readwrite.com/2013/09/03/what...ia-acquisition
    10-11-2014 12:07 PM
    Don't close yet
    Lets hope everyone who post going forward understands, this is not about proving whether you are right or wrong
    it's just stating your own point of view on the topic. If they chose not to, LOCK DOWN!!!
    10-11-2014 12:10 PM
    Close this thread please....... An Android fanboy is ruining it.
    He always does, he's the reason many threads are closed.
    Karthik Naik and Jazmac like this.
    10-11-2014 12:37 PM
    He always does, he's the reason many threads are closed.
    If you think so, just report his posts that you think are inflammatory, and the mod team will get to it as soon as possible.

Seriously, you can't expect the mod team to read through every post in every thread, can you? There's humans like us, who can't devote all twenty-four hours of their day to monitoring the forums.

So, why don't your try going that? ~☆
    techiez and Karthik Naik like this.
    10-11-2014 01:01 PM
    Ugh, enough of the gloom and doom threads already! Can everyone just please stay optimistic about Windows Phones? You (when I say YOU I am referring to the pessimists who post negative threads about Microsoft products) guys are making me dislike fellow WP users because now I think that most people hate their phones! In short, I have two words for our community: OPTIMISM and PATIENCE!!
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-11-2014 01:14 PM
    Ugh, enough of the gloom and doom threads already! Can everyone just please stay optimistic about Windows Phones? You (when I say YOU I am referring to the pessimists who post negative threads about Microsoft products) guys are making me dislike fellow WP users because now I think that most people hate their phones! In short, I have two words for our community: OPTIMISM and PATIENCE!!
    People had that for over two years and now starting to lose it :)

I still believe, perhaps foolishly, that this could be a valuable thread in this community. We will be watching how this thread progresses - if everyone sticks to the topic at hand and weighs the argument it might prove to be a good insight into the psyche of the WP userbase with its hopes and dreams for WP and the reality of how the consumers feel.

On the other hand if you continue to bicker and post meaningless things like graphs that really have little basis in reality, this thread will be closed.

Its your choice guys.
    There are 2 extremes in this thread, one that underrates WP and other overrates WP, meaningful discussion cant happen in such case.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 10-11-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-11-2014 01:27 PM
    I think Windows Phone is far from done, and I don't understand the line of thinking that goes along with MS purchasing the Nokia division and then immediately abandoning it.
    10-11-2014 01:41 PM
    I think Windows Phone is far from done, and I don't understand the line of thinking that goes along with MS purchasing the Nokia division and then immediately abandoning it.
    MS has loads of cash it can dump wp if it deems a misfit. that said, Ms realizes it can make money out of desktops forever, its bread and butter enterprise is now slowly going cloud & mobile, MS realizes this and hence the cloud first mobile first strategy, ipads have entered enterprise and MS needs to check that asap so I think it is not gng to abandon WP ever, ppl who say MS might adopt WP for android are wrong since they think from consumer point of view and MS would never care abt it, it cant lose enterprise and Android is not even an option there.
    Karthik Naik and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-11-2014 01:47 PM
    windowsphoneui.0.jpg
    I'll wait through tooth and nail. I'm not getting any other OS phone.
    Karthik Naik and EssThree like this.
    10-11-2014 02:01 PM
    i am not so sure its doomed, for the first time i think ms are moving along quite nicely with the whole windows family and now convergence of the OS is confirmed, think that secures it more than ever imho
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-11-2014 02:04 PM
    Once we reach Windows 10, there won't be a Windows Phone to *be* "done". It'll just be Windows on a mobile. And as Microsoft is putting cloud and mobile first, you can expect them to continue manufacturing phones. What possible good could it do Microsoft to stop now?
    Karthik Naik and BobLobIaw like this.
    10-11-2014 02:11 PM
    There are 2 extremes in this thread, one that underrates WP and other overrates WP, meaningful discussion cant happen in such case.
    I disagree.

It's just always those with the most extreme views that stand out. I think there are a lot of reasonable posts in this thread too, but as with all media, the reasonable voices are drowned out because it's the extreme views that get the most attention.

Human nature at work ...
    10-11-2014 02:14 PM
    I'm all for the 90s "Millenial" youngster pride being one of the generation and all.... But you are kind of being harsh on the guy. That is a really stretch of an association. There is no more "Nokia" to make a comeback. At least not until "Nokia" starts making devices again which won't be for a few years now.
    Windows Phone by itself as a thing hasn't had a rise and fall to suddenly come under the generous umbrella of "comebacks"...
    i know but hes asking for it since 2 months
    keeps making false statements throughout the forums and argues with everyone
    10-11-2014 02:26 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1413037588379.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	84263

Your biggest mistake is thinking that Windows Phone has enough features. Maybe for you it does, but not for everyone.

But Microsoft didn't, did it? So saying that Windows 10 will put Android and iOS in danger is totally irrelevant when we don't even know what Windows 10 will have for mobile.

Windows Phone is #3 with less than 5% marketshare after 4 years, not really a huge achievement if you ask, or anyone for that matter.

But we aren't talking about Nokia here, we're talking about Windows Phone and it's giant "comeback" that everyone speaks of, every single year.

Windows Phone was never on top, stop mentioning other OSes, it can't make a "comeback".

Can it grow? Yes for sure. But there is no comeback, when it was never popular.
    thats just something android heads think and say
    come back when chrome os reaches 0.5% and mac osx can be installed on regular pcs and the OS convergence thingy
    in short MS's future is certainly brighter
    dont come here to rant on baseless stuff if you dont have geniune points etc
    if you love android so much,go to androidcentral(not being harsh but-1.you no longer have a WP ,2.you hate wp and like android 3. try to "convince/convert" people to android even when they say they dont)
    10-11-2014 02:27 PM
    Nice post.

Yes, it seems that everyone is caught up in the dominance of Android and iOS like something the likes of them has never occurred before. They also are ignorant of the fact that BlackBerry and Windows Mobile were in very similar positions before those other Mobile OS' came into being. Who is to say that Android will remain tops forever, especially when a much more advanced and scalable version of Windows is on the horizon?

Just because they are in first place now doesn't mean it will always be that way. As Karthik Naik said, history proves otherwise.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-11-2014 02:29 PM
    I disagree.

It's just always those with the most extreme views that stand out. I think there are a lot of reasonable posts in this thread too, but as with all media, the reasonable voices are drowned out because it's the extreme views that get the most attention.

Human nature at work ...
    except optimism is always welcome,the pessimists post vague stuff
    im surprised soo many baseless rant and "doomsday" threads are on the rise this week,even though MS's future looks very bright
    ive seen people post about geniune concerns etc but nowadays its just sad,vague stuff..
    10-11-2014 02:30 PM
    Nice post.

Yes, it seems that everyone is caught up in the dominance of Android and iOS like something the likes of them has never occurred before. They also are ignorant of the fact that BlackBerry and Windows Mobile were in very similar positions before those other Mobile OS' came into being. Who is to say that Android will remain tops forever, especially when a much more advanced and scalable version of Windows is on the horizon?

Just because they are in first place now doesn't mean it will always be that way. As Karthik Naik said, history proves otherwise.
    exactly MS has dominance in areas google and apple can only dream of-enterprise,xbox , PC etc
    they also give patents and services licenses to apple,google etc so they anyways earn off android and ios,mac,facebook,yahoo etc as well
    the one OS thing shows that people will just need to switch to windows phone to complete the ecosystem
    chrome os is too featureless and inferior to even Ubuntu etc despite being a form of linux
    android is terrible on anything other than phones (where its still pretty grim)-android laptops and tablets <<<macs,ipads,windows laptops,windows tablets overall except maybe nexus to an extent but lacks sd card slots and small storage
    10-11-2014 02:38 PM
    Don't pick up a mobile OS if you think its A) going to fail, B) swallow all the sensationalist/click bait articles proclaiming doom and gloom, or C) pick it up JUST to silence the crowd who would say you've never used it and justify your usage that way.

I'm so literally sick of seeing these threads. Why would you leave a mobile OS you know and love, and come bring this level of jeering to a forum full of enthusiasts and people like me who love their Windows Phones?

Windows Phones may never be on top. Do we care? Absolutely. Will we bring this level of negativity to another site? Doubt it. We know Android and iOS sit above us.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 10-11-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    10-11-2014 02:51 PM
162 ... 34567