I think Windows Phone is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hybrids were the key product category to improve the adoption of the platform, but now they will be shipped with the Windows 95 UI.

Nope. If they were, then they would've sold more. The UI that you see now is mainly for desktops only so your theory that "now they will ship with the classic desktop UI" is baseless. Adding the familiar desktop UI will improve adoption. You've got this bass ackwards.

I don't see a good reason for Windows 7 users to upgrade. Probably the adoption will be higher than Windows 8's, but not great.

And what would've made Windows 7 users jump to Windows 10 if they made the modern UI better? Nothing. Many users didn't like the full modern UI, regardless of how awesome it was.

Modern apps look awful and alien in the desktop. A subpar experience won't increase usage.

People didn't understand the Modern UI and actively avoided it. Actively avoiding something gives you no adoption, so you're wrong about that too.
The uninspired implementation of the Modern UI mixed with the Windows 95 UI, won't motivate people to buy the true Modern UI devices like WP and tablets,

Oh, like they have now? This argument makes no sense. Getting more people exposed to the Modern apps will increase adoption.

It's bad publicity.

Windows 10 has for more positive publicity in a few weeks than Windows 8 has got in 3 years.

Windows 10 will be perceived as the old, boring and complex OS that you have to use to run legacy Windows apps. It's not attractive for the consumer market.

Doing any research into how the media has received this proves this 100% wrong.

Anything else? I'll be here all day.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, even when WP has already crossed iPhone sales in 24 countries, still WP is doomed.
Great, I didn't knew that!
Sent from my dark knight 1320

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
name the countries :p,

alot of countries in Europe and Asia
even blackberry and jolla are popular in Europe and Asia
people forget that USA isnt the only market,there are many other countries where people dont buy ios and android devices much,more of feature phones,blackberrys,windows phone and a bit of jolla
android sales in India are now declining apparently,people are starting to get more iphones and windows phones in India

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
If its one thing one can deduce from wpcentral users is that some of y'all are a fickle bunch. Always with the doom and gloom stuff. Bunch of drama queens. Always with the negative. Microsoft is not gonna abandon Windows phone. Do you understand the potential fallout that would follow, if Microsoft did such a thing? Windows phone is here to stay. So what if there's no word yet on any new flagship? The operative word being "yet" here. The Lumia Icon/930 was launched not even a year. Its still being launched in other markets etc. Relax and have some patience. I swear some of yall put too much pressure on yourselves with these trivial stuff. If you think that WP is doomed,and MS is throwing in the towel, feel free to hop over to fence to another platform. Its all good. But for rest of us, its just a matter of time till the parts all fit together. New devices will,come. Windows 10 is right around the corner. I'll bet my salary that a device is being developed that will launch with Windows 10 when the time comes.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
According to Wikipedia IDC had to change their prediction of WP reaching double digit market share. They now say WP will reach 7% in 2018 due to slow growth.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
alot of countries in Europe and Asia
even blackberry and jolla are popular in Europe and Asia
people forget that USA isnt the only market,there are many other countries where people dont buy ios and android devices much,more of feature phones,blackberrys,windows phone and a bit of jolla
android sales in India are now declining apparently,people are starting to get more iphones and windows phones in India

That is weak.... Where is the proof??? You got any data or links

Smartphone OS market share ? Kantar Worldpanel ComTech

Have fun glorifying Italy, Argentina and Mexico. Forget Android exists and yeah WP looks ok in 3 markets

Then look at China.......

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That is weak.... Where is the proof??? You got any data or links

Smartphone OS market share ? Kantar Worldpanel ComTech

Have fun glorifying Italy, Argentina and Mexico. Forget Android exists and yeah WP looks ok in 3 markets

Then look at China.......

yeah right believe in some blogger in some other part of the world
what i see is what i speak
do you or that blogger live in India or travel alot?? I do,what i see is what i post
I live in India and i travel alot
androids are looked down on nowadays
hell even the "mighty" samsung-googles golden egg is declining in india

Samsung estimates 60% plunge in Q3 profit - The Times of India

SO dont generalise,ever unless you have visual proof

FYI India is the second largest market in the world,so dont talk about individual countries like Italy ,Argentine and Mexico whose population itself is small,so marketshare etc is low

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Another suicide note. I think the OP's interest in WP is done. If you ain't happy just go. No need in trying to drag everybody down because he lost interest. I hate these lame *** suicide notes. They make the entire forum smell like a month old garbage strike. Just get on with your life and leave the ecosystem the **** alone.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I got to laugh at you calling Kantar "some blogger"

Then claiming you eyeball holds more weight then their market research.

Ridiculously funny.

You still have not provided any proof of your previous claims. Like I said before if IDC are revising their claims it would seem you might need to get you eyes checked.

Thanks for the insight into your data gathering and analysing.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
^^exactly
tonnes of attention seeking rants in the forums these days
most of them misinformed

Yeah your eyeball is so much better than their misinformation.

Seriously lose some of the bias if you can and dont take it so personally when someone tells it how it is.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Another suicide note. I think the OP's interest in WP is done. If you ain't happy just go. No need in trying to drag everybody down because he lost interest. I hate these lame *** suicide notes. They make the entire forum smell like a month old garbage strike. Just get on with your life and leave the ecosystem the **** alone.

Yeah I hate the lame blinkered MS fanatics that crap on about other peoples opinions contrary to their own with bias garbage.:winktongue:

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
yeah right believe in some blogger in some other part of the world
what i see is what i speak
do you or that blogger live in India or travel alot?? I do,what i see is what i post
I live in India and i travel alot
androids are looked down on nowadays
hell even the "mighty" samsung-googles golden egg is declining in india

Samsung estimates 60% plunge in Q3 profit - The Times of India

SO dont generalise,ever unless you have visual proof

FYI India is the second largest market in the world,so dont talk about individual countries like Italy ,Argentine and Mexico whose population itself is small,so marketshare etc is low

Can you provide market share data for India?????

India falls pretty short when compared to China but I guess thats what you might be upset about.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
^^pointless arguing with people like you
your australian,dont speak for India and other countries blindly off the internet
I live in India i know better about what Indians prefer
you live in australia you know better about australians preferences
FYI china and USA arent the only markets
China may rank 1st,USA may rank 7th,India may rank 2nd but there are many other countries as well
thanks for your misinformation off the internet,i will stick to my opinion and you may stick to yours,i believe what i see

dont force your opinion onto others

Last edited:

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Its done man its done. I agree with the OP

My carrier released an app for Android and iPhone over a year ago now. WP still gets no love.
My favourite sports F1 and MotoGP both have official apps for Android and iPhone. WP again gets no love due to very poor market share.
My bank has an app for WP but it was released during the WP 7 era and has never been updated for WP8/8.1

The market share is not increasing at a steady rate. Its basically fluctuating around a stagnation point in many markets.
China dont give a **** about WP
Japan dont give a **** either

MS are incompetant with marketing and basically offer no hope of ever gaining decent market share with WP. They cannot even crack 10% worldwide which is pitiful in comparison to Android and iPhone. The platform has been around for quite sometime and quite frankly this level of support is all we can expect to see from MS.

Windows 10 won't fare any better if MS continues with its pathetic marketing efforts. People need to look at the trend to really get a clue as to how dismal WP has fared since it was released. The only people stickin with WP are current users.
WP fails to attract any significant percentage of users from Android or iPhone and thats not going to change for a very long time.

wow nice misinformation
if you hate windows phone so much get an android instead of ranting about it here
we prefer windows phone not android its wpcentral not android central or imore
we will review your comments once windows 10 gets an official release and laugh at this exact "stagnant" theory regarding microsoft,which people who want android keep floating around the forums

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I got to laugh at you calling Kantar "some blogger"

Then claiming you eyeball holds more weight then their market research.

Ridiculously funny.

You still have not provided any proof of your previous claims. Like I said before if IDC are revising their claims it would seem you might need to get you eyes checked.

Thanks for the insight into your data gathering and analysing.

yeah i will agree with you when the 95% of androids still on factory firmware get updates to Android L in short- Never

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo