I think Windows Phone is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean by comeback? Windows Phone was never near the top. What comeback is it supposed to make?

Every single year, the same stuff. 2012 will be the year for WP, and then, 2013 will be the year for Microsoft and then 2014 will be the year for Microsoft...and you know how it goes.

Every. Single. Year. The same thing happens WP never thrives.

Sure it'll gain a little bit of marketshare here and there, but no year has yet to come in favour of the "massive growth" for Windows Phone that people keep on talking about.

history lesson for you-
sigh 14 years olds like you wouldnt know that Nokia,BB,Moto and Palm,Windows Mobile ruled the phone world before 2009
symbian was the largest followed by palm,bbos,windows mobile
since Nokia owns Symbian,Meego etc and Microsoft owns Nokia and Windows mobile, therefore it is counted as a comeback
Never argue with a 90s "kid" aka me,ive seen the entire phone trend introduction and seen floppies etc decline

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
history lesson for you-
sigh 14 years olds like you wouldnt know that Nokia,BB,Moto and Palm,Windows Mobile ruled the phone world before 2009
since Nokia owns Symbian,Meego etc and Microsoft owns Nokia and Windows mobile, therefore it is counted as a comeback
Never argue with a 90s "kid" aka me,ive seen the entire phone trend introduction and seen floppies etc decline

I'm all for the 90s "Millenial" youngster pride being one of the generation and all.... But you are kind of being harsh on the guy. That is a really stretch of an association. There is no more "Nokia" to make a comeback. At least not until "Nokia" starts making devices again which won't be for a few years now.
Windows Phone by itself as a thing hasn't had a rise and fall to suddenly come under the generous umbrella of "comebacks"...

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Even Android was mainstream only after 4 years after its inception. So be patient

1413037588379.jpg

I believe the numbers speak for themselves.

By features we have enough; let's remember the complain hasn't' been the lack of feature is the 'lack' of apps. Many iPhone users won't change even if apples sell them a piece of rock with the apple logo on it; that is a fact. So I would say there is a 10 to 20% of iPhone users that are no blinded by Apple[and maybe more] and in the Android side the % is greater. The Android market is so saturated that people are going to get tired of it and will look for something different. Samsung lost 60% profit.

Your biggest mistake is thinking that Windows Phone has enough features. Maybe for you it does, but not for everyone.

If MS told about the upcoming features of WP 10, then this thread would've been totally useless. It's still useless, though some of them might not consider it.

But Microsoft didn't, did it? So saying that Windows 10 will put Android and iOS in danger is totally irrelevant when we don't even know what Windows 10 will have for mobile.

You are talking about an OS which is already#3, & soon with decreasing iPhone sales& increasing WP sales, it'll be #2.

Windows Phone is #3 with less than 5% marketshare after 4 years, not really a huge achievement if you ask, or anyone for that matter.

history lesson for you-

But we aren't talking about Nokia here, we're talking about Windows Phone and it's giant "comeback" that everyone speaks of, every single year.

Windows Phone was never on top, stop mentioning other OSes, it can't make a "comeback".

Can it grow? Yes for sure. But there is no comeback, when it was never popular.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I still believe, perhaps foolishly, that this could be a valuable thread in this community. We will be watching how this thread progresses - if everyone sticks to the topic at hand and weighs the argument it might prove to be a good insight into the psyche of the WP userbase with its hopes and dreams for WP and the reality of how the consumers feel.

On the other hand if you continue to bicker and post meaningless things like graphs that really have little basis in reality, this thread will be closed.

Its your choice guys.

koolnaija

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't close yet
Lets hope everyone who post going forward understands, this is not about proving whether you are right or wrong
it's just stating your own point of view on the topic. If they chose not to, LOCK DOWN!!!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
He always does, he's the reason many threads are closed.
If you think so, just report his posts that you think are inflammatory, and the mod team will get to it as soon as possible.

Seriously, you can't expect the mod team to read through every post in every thread, can you? There's humans like us, who can't devote all twenty-four hours of their day to monitoring the forums.

So, why don't your try going that? ~☆

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Ugh, enough of the gloom and doom threads already! Can everyone just please stay optimistic about Windows Phones? You (when I say YOU I am referring to the pessimists who post negative threads about Microsoft products) guys are making me dislike fellow WP users because now I think that most people hate their phones! In short, I have two words for our community: OPTIMISM and PATIENCE!!

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, enough of the gloom and doom threads already! Can everyone just please stay optimistic about Windows Phones? You (when I say YOU I am referring to the pessimists who post negative threads about Microsoft products) guys are making me dislike fellow WP users because now I think that most people hate their phones! In short, I have two words for our community: OPTIMISM and PATIENCE!!

People had that for over two years and now starting to lose it :)

I still believe, perhaps foolishly, that this could be a valuable thread in this community. We will be watching how this thread progresses - if everyone sticks to the topic at hand and weighs the argument it might prove to be a good insight into the psyche of the WP userbase with its hopes and dreams for WP and the reality of how the consumers feel.

On the other hand if you continue to bicker and post meaningless things like graphs that really have little basis in reality, this thread will be closed.

Its your choice guys.

There are 2 extremes in this thread, one that underrates WP and other overrates WP, meaningful discussion cant happen in such case.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I think Windows Phone is far from done, and I don't understand the line of thinking that goes along with MS purchasing the Nokia division and then immediately abandoning it.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think Windows Phone is far from done, and I don't understand the line of thinking that goes along with MS purchasing the Nokia division and then immediately abandoning it.

MS has loads of cash it can dump wp if it deems a misfit. that said, Ms realizes it can make money out of desktops forever, its bread and butter enterprise is now slowly going cloud & mobile, MS realizes this and hence the cloud first mobile first strategy, ipads have entered enterprise and MS needs to check that asap so I think it is not gng to abandon WP ever, ppl who say MS might adopt WP for android are wrong since they think from consumer point of view and MS would never care abt it, it cant lose enterprise and Android is not even an option there.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i am not so sure its doomed, for the first time i think ms are moving along quite nicely with the whole windows family and now convergence of the OS is confirmed, think that secures it more than ever imho

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Once we reach Windows 10, there won't be a Windows Phone to *be* "done". It'll just be Windows on a mobile. And as Microsoft is putting cloud and mobile first, you can expect them to continue manufacturing phones. What possible good could it do Microsoft to stop now?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
There are 2 extremes in this thread, one that underrates WP and other overrates WP, meaningful discussion cant happen in such case.

I disagree.

It's just always those with the most extreme views that stand out. I think there are a lot of reasonable posts in this thread too, but as with all media, the reasonable voices are drowned out because it's the extreme views that get the most attention.

Human nature at work ...

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm all for the 90s "Millenial" youngster pride being one of the generation and all.... But you are kind of being harsh on the guy. That is a really stretch of an association. There is no more "Nokia" to make a comeback. At least not until "Nokia" starts making devices again which won't be for a few years now.
Windows Phone by itself as a thing hasn't had a rise and fall to suddenly come under the generous umbrella of "comebacks"...

i know but hes asking for it since 2 months
keeps making false statements throughout the forums and argues with everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel