Could 6snap Be Deleted?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
1412976054851.jpg

Snapchat Blames Photo Leak on Unauthorized Third-Party Apps - Digits - WSJ

So I was reading WSJ today and came across an article about a photo leak on Snapchat which was, according to Snapchat, caused by the third party clients that people used.

I'm pretty sure 6snap doesn't do anything against Snapchat's terms of service, but maybe this incident could fuel a change in the way Snapchat handles people using clients of it, possibly putting restrictions to finish any potential third party clients?

Your thoughts?

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Unlikely. The blame is falling on the third party apps that allow users to save incoming snaps. 6Snap, to my knowledge, does not offer such a thing and is probably safe. Snapchat is most certainly not going to be shut down.

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Nah, I don't think so. Rudy, as far as I'm aware, has stuck as close as possible to the guidelines of the services he's created apps for, and I'd like to think that goodwill would mean SOMETHING.

Really though, if they're gonna have a cry about 6snap, they should damn well release an official app on WP then.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You don't know what this guy Rudy Huyn is doing with the photos. Third party apps are a big risk for privacy. Snapchat should ask Microsoft for the removal of this app.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So this article is saying that third party snapchat apps are to blame for a photo leak right? At no point are they calling out any specific app developers as far as I can see?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Take note: Rudy Huyn has gone the extra mile to disable any possible attack vectors (screenshots via the multitasking carousel, for one) for any so-called leakers to have.

And, I don't think Rudy has anything to gain from the pictures, anyway. He literally relies on his good reputation to sell his apps.

So, unless Snapchat launches a formal complaint against 6snap, don't expect Rudy's app get taken down.

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree with rodan01. I actually send an email to Snapchat demanding the removal of the third party apps in the Windows Phone store and BlackBerry World.
A post in wmpoweruser.com suggested that these apps are "flying under the radar", that's not good. These apps are a risk no only for the people that use them, also for everyone sending snaps to them.

Don't worry WP users, I'm sure an official SnapChat client will come to WP soon or next year with Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa