Lumia 930 compact?

Frank Underwood

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a 925 and I must say, it is almost a perfect fit for me, when it comes to body/screen size and thinness. But after my screen cracked a few month ago, and now my camera is dead, I am forced to look for an replacement (I prefer it to be a Lumia). But my problem is that I want a 4,5" phone with decent specs and a 5" screen is to large for me, so what do I buy? the 930 and 830 is out, so I guess the nearest I can get is the 730, which is not the most impressive phone to be honest.

I wonder then if Nokia / Microsoft has chosen to neglect this market, when the competitors seem not to:

Samsung: The Galaxy Alpha 4,7" and Galaxy S5 mini 4,5"
Apple: iPhone 6 4,7"
Sony: Z3 compact 4,6"
HTC: One mini 2 4,5"
LG: G2 mini 4,7"
Nokia/Microsoft: 925 4,5" and 735 4,7"

Now the list probably goes on and prices are not all comparable, but when you glance at some of the specs, the only company that does not offer a top sub 5" phone, is Nokia/Microsoft..

I may be missing something here or do not understand the marketing behind Nokia/Microsoft's strategy, so can anyone explain this? Does Microsoft need a top sub 5" phone? Would be glad to know if I am not the only one who wonders about this, or just to read some opinions :)

Kel Bin

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I also Don understand why manufacturers' flagship phone gets bigger and bigger. Who on earth decides that consumer wan bigger screen and thinner screen.

It was not long ago when 4inch was just right, then 4.3 inch was OK, 4.7 inch was barely acceptable. And now 5-5.7 inch became a norm for all flagship. I wished for a 4.3-4.5 inch flagship.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I agree, one handed use and pocketability are important to me, 4.5-4.7" screen is about perfect. The 930 lacks SD card support, ANY flagship device needs SD card support. Also, may as well throw in a replaceable battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99