I am very happy with WP 8.1, which still has not been released by my carrier, Verizon. Fortunately, Microsoft created a program so that tech-savvy customers could receive the latest versions of its software.

There is one snag. Some of the promised features of the phone, such as Miracast, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and improved low-light camera support for my Icon, require a firmware update called Cyan. The update, while available on many other carriers, has not been released by Verizon. User reports from these other carriers suggest that the Cyan update also corrects some OS issues for users running WP 8.1 with the Nokia Black firmware that came preinstalled on my Icon.

Since I purchased my Lumia Icon in February, Microsoft completed its acquisition of Nokia, which means that Microsoft is now also responsible for the Cyan firmware. Given that Verizon still has not released either Windows 8.1 or the Cyan firmware update, when will Microsoft begin releasing the Cyan firmware update via the Preview for Developers program?
    10-13-2014 05:57 PM
    None other than Microsoft can answer this question. I'm leaning more towards...never
    10-13-2014 06:20 PM