Windows Phone Haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Samsung will not tell you yes we have things that works with your windows phone, because the big business of Samsung is the Android phones division, also Google is like being the pope in the world, whatever google put on the web is seen and apraised as if were a god, google now is being as evil as one time Microsoft was, but there is nothing to do about, unless the US government stop to google mega expansion which now is being even anti competence with the fact of do not do applications to WP ecosystem.

also if you got an extremus ****** which even insult the rest with your fanatic thing should ask to google now, or siri by the nearer psychiatrist to get treatment of an obsession

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
why those europeasns cars are made in the USA? is the market there too protectionist and do not allow cars made in overseas to get imported?

Also Brazilean stuffs made just can tell are build quality horrible i had an older nokia 5125 phone made in Brazil and do not lastest 1 year and well cars and buses made in Brazil are the worst in terms of reliability in Chile the buses are made in Brazil and is like the roulette of the lucky, if the bus will finish their trip or would get stopped by technical problems in the middle of the trip, if Nokia will made the 830 in Brazil would not get any nokia because Brazil product mean bad quality

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Samsung will not tell you yes we have things that works with your windows phone, because the big business of Samsung is the Android phones division, also Google is like being the pope in the world, whatever google put on the web is seen and apraised as if were a god, google now is being as evil as one time Microsoft was, but there is nothing to do about, unless the US government stop to google mega expansion which now is being even anti competence with the fact of do not do applications to WP ecosystem.

also if you got an extremus ****** which even insult the rest with your fanatic thing should ask to google now, or siri by the nearer psychiatrist to get treatment of an obsession

Can you explain how Google is evil and MS is not?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Simple. The boat ride from the Old World doesn't do the car's rust protection any favors. Second, it's cheaper to build in the same market that you're serving and enjoy the tax breaks our wonderful legislators provide.

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Simple. The boat ride from the Old World doesn't do the car's rust protection any favors. Second, it's cheaper to build in the same market that you're serving and enjoy the tax breaks our wonderful legislators provide.
-----
Damn I sent the message instead of exiting from the editor. Now what?
I'm sorry XD

WillGrey

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been using a Lumia 920 for two years now and I loved it!

But I just bought a Note 4 just to try out something other than Nokia (I've never used anything other than Nokia before and I consider myself a proud ****** heh) and it feels really good. Granted, it's a little expensive, but it feels great and that's something I think Windows Phone doesn't quite have right now.

The HTC One M8 and the Lumia 930 are good starts and gosh do they look and feel great, but they shouldn't stop there. WP as a platform needs to consistently and continuously find itself on hardware that's thin while still feeling premium. My biggest gripe with Windows Phones so far is that they don't feel great in your hand.

We've got the app gap minimized, and I feel performance-wise WP isn't lagging behind that much, so I think the next step as far as converting the Android and iOS users goes is probably to let them see and touch Windows Phones that look and feel amazing.

Just my two cents worth. :)

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Can you explain how Google is evil and MS is not?

To say that one is evil and the other is not is a bit of a stretch one is just less evil than the other. In this case, Google and it's scanning of all your e-mail to shove ads in your face, it's complete lack of cooperation with Microsoft to implement google services onto Windows Phone (Youtube app for example) I'm sure they're things that I'm missing but that's what I got on top of my head.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
To say that one is evil and the other is not is a bit of a stretch one is just less evil than the other. In this case, Google and it's scanning of all your e-mail to shove ads in your face, it's complete lack of cooperation with Microsoft to implement google services onto Windows Phone (Youtube app for example) I'm sure they're things that I'm missing but that's what I got on top of my head.

I wouldn't really call either one evil. They offer excellent services that we no longer can live without (very debatable) at no charge. In return, they want to know all about you so they can try to hustle you for some of the money they feel you owe them. If you want to dance, you gotta pay the fiddler.

If the terms and conditions of their services is not to your liking, you're free to go anywhere else. Want complete privacy (debatable as well), pay for your own hosted exchange. I don't understand people some times. They're willing to pay anywhere between $25-$35 every month for a top-flight device but don't want to spend appropriately for services to keep that device free of ads or enjoy security. I ain't got much hair left so I'll just pull out my eyebrows.

adkrish22290

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Even in India, there is so much ignorance among these Android fanboys regarding Windows Phone, although WP is the second-most popular mobile OS here. They will say "Don't buy Windows Phone. It has no apps and most apps in the store are paid" or "The specs of WP devices are not good for the price". This shows their ignorance about a great mobile OS.

Do these fanboys know that the performance of a Windows Phone device is infinity times better than those Android rubbish? Do these fanboys know that many of the apps in the Google Play store are malware, that the app gap between Android and Windows Phone is closing rapidly and that apps are not the make-or-break feature to choose a mobile OS? Do these fanboys know that WP is much easier to use and user-friendly than Android? Do these fanboys know that Google tracks whatever they do on their phone for generating advertisements? Do these fanboys know that the Android-device manufacturing OEM's will ignore the lower-end Android devices and provide updates only to their flagship models (with Google too least bothered), while Microsoft takes the pain of providing updates to all WP devices, even the low-end Lumia 520/525? Do these fanboys know that Lumia phones have better quality hardware than Samsung Galaxy phones or the rubbish Indo-Chinese phones like Micromax, Karbonn etc. even though they may be more expensive than their Android equivalents? And finally, do these fanboys know that Android is the most insecure mobile OS and is the only mobile OS which needs an antivirus app?

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Well every ****** (iOS, Android, WP, BB) are the same... You know... Close minded, dumb people...

But Android fanboys are LITERALLY the worst everrr. They're like, "Oh we are the BEST! You suck if you don't use Android!" They are like those bullies in middle school... And they are everywhere!!!!

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Well every ****** (iOS, Android, WP, BB) are the same... You know... Close minded, dumb people...

But Android fanboys are LITERALLY the worst everrr. They're like, "Oh we are the BEST! You suck if you don't use Android!" They are just not stopping at all. Every year, it's like their hatred towards Apple and Microsoft is intensifying

I agree. And it seems like theres nothing that we can do to stop them! They just get on my nerves!

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
You could have easily said the same for the 1st iPhone. No MMS, no cut-n-paste, no 3G, no desktop sync except iTunes music and no apps at all. The store came well after release. How'd that phone line turn out?

The original iPhone had very different competition when it came out then Windows Phone did when it came around three years later. The UI was finger friendly and the browser was much better then anything the competition had.. Add to that the iTunes music store and IMO the original iPhone was a unique product. As far as I remember none of the competitors to iPhone had stores at the time either. Other smartphones were business focused and iPhone was the 1st smartphone squarely targeting the average consumer IMO, so that gave them more breathing room to add features slowly. When MS released WP they were so far behind already that they couldn't make any mistakes and hope to succeed, but IMO they did make mistakes. The first release of WP should have been what 8.1 is today.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So I'll never read any post from you trashing Chinese phones or any product made in China, namely the iPhone. I mean, which is it? The design or the build quality?

You must have me confused with someone else, I've never trashed the iPhone, or any phone for being made in China. Whatever you're rattling on about has no relevance to Japanese cars anyways.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As far as I remember none of the competitors to iPhone had stores at the time either.

No dedicated stores, but there thousands of apps available for Windows Mobile, Symbian and Palm OS. As for the iTunes store you mention, the app store came later. Music on your Mac was all you could get out of iTunes. IMO, Opera was much better than Safari. Their data compression made 2G or Rev. 0 bearable in those days. Let's not forget that one of the crying points about iPhones was "no Adobe flash".

But that wasn't the point of my post, I was responding to another person's statement.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually Symbian, Palm OS, and Windows Mobile had stores...
Nokia Ovi? Palm Mobile? Marketplace?

The phones available at retail today are less efficient at performing productive tasks, save BB Q10/Passport.

If only there was.. Pre4

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Difference between Palm/Microsoft and Apple were that the stores were optional. (Free)

Guess people do not know how much they would like/need/want it until it is shoved down their throats ;) ;)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually Symbian, Palm OS, and Windows Mobile had stores...
Nokia Ovi? Palm Mobile? Marketplace?

The phones available at retail today are less efficient at performing productive tasks, save BB Q10/Passport.

If only there was.. Pre4

Actually, I don't remember sites like the Windows Marketplace being out before the iTunes Store. I do remember going to Handango for just about anything under the sun. Those were REAL apps, the kind that got work done!

mohit9206

May 25, 2013
Visit site
This is all Microsoft's fault.Their marketing,advertising and public awareness campaigns regarding windowswPhone has been a massive failure.If they would only promote windows phone as they do their xbox brand then am sure the public misconceptions and myths regarding windows phone would go away and millions more would embrace Windows phone.But Microsoft has not put forth any effort into windows phone marketing so no one else but Microsoft is to blame.Dont blame the Samsung reps,dont blame the people ,blame Microsoft. They haven't done anything on their end to change anyone's mind.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious. How much of a marketing effort does Google make on behalf of Android? Don't tell me about ads by Samsung or Motorola or the other Android OEMs - I mean actual advertising by Google. I don't remember ever seeing one, but maybe I'm in the wrong place or something. I'm rather sure that Microsoft has spent far more on directly advertising WP than Google has on Android.

Personally, I think the major issue has been that the main partner OEM for Windows phones, Nokia, was too close to bankruptcy to market their phones properly. The other OEMs have never been into WP to take over the world with it, just to keep their feet in the door in case it ever did take off, and it shows in their marketing efforts (or lack thereof) for their Windows phones.

Marketing is a major product expense. It has to be justified by expected results. The kind of saturation campaigns that so many of you seem to want just aren't justifiable, as the payback is too iffy and too far out. I'm sure we can expect some changes with the introduction of Windows 10 and real Microsoft Lumias (as opposed to the current Nokia Lumias), hopefully addressing issues like bias by sales reps and targeting advertising to more markets. Heck, they may even come up with some decent ads eventually, too. Increasing Windows market share in phones is going to continue to be a slow, hard slog, though, in my opinion, because it truly isn't radically better than iOS or Android to be able to grab big sales away from them quickly. I think it's unrealistic to expect anything, whether it's new hardware or a major marketing effort, to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb