Premium device?

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
When the heck is MS gonna announce some premium phones? My 1020 is feeling old and the Nexus and Iphone phablets are tempting... I love Windows phone but they better act soon

Last edited:

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
When the heck is MS gonna announce some premium phones? My 1020 is feeling old and the Nexus and Iphone tablets are tempting... I love Windows phone but they better act soon

Ohhhh please will everyone stop opening a new thread every few hours asking when is there going to be a new high end phone coming out! I'm so bored of hearing it. There are 3 perfectly good Lumias to buy 930/830/1020 and even the htc m8 is a bloody good phone.

Now please everyone shut up asking, just as bad as the Mrs going on all the time to fix the fence outside its boring. It will happen when it will happen!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
There is very little market for the higher end devices. Remember, from the very beginning, WP didn't need specs to run well. As they've expanded the OS, they've thrown some devices out that have some pretty killer specs, but they still haven't needed them. Looking at the current Android offerings, specs are key because Android is so heavy... I mean, for a phone costing under $100, your Android device is going to be a slug that barely runs anything new. Yet, WP has 3 solid devices all available under $100 in the US without a contract.

While a new 1020, or 1520 would be nice to have around for those high priced contract shoppers, ultimately it shouldn't happen if MS wants to continue to gain ground world wide. The new 930/830/730/630/530 device structure shows that they aren't going to go overboard to win the spec race. The 930 is a beast of a phone that will run circles around most Android devices. The 830 and 730 are good midrange devices as well. These would compete against the 1 year old Android devices and out do them with pricing. The 630/530 are for the budget shopper - and when you look at the fact that these are all available for under $100 and don't have a contract attached to them, MVNO's and Non-Contract carriers will swipe them up in seconds.

The premium market is ruled by two right now, Samsung and Apple. The odds of cracking that sales pattern is slim and none due to the fact that they throw so much cash at selling devices that nobody else can compete. Look what happened to HTC - in just a few years they fell from the top to the bottom. Now they struggle to maintain a 3% share.

I guess I would just like to see the 930 come to AT&T and T-Mobile - the 635 become more prominent among MVNO's like Red Pocket and Simple Mobile - and finally, see more great devices like the Blu Win HD come to market. Phones like this will grow the market and make a high end model a reality.

Immortal Lobster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Ohhhh please will everyone stop opening a new thread every few hours asking when is there going to be a new high end phone coming out! I'm so bored of hearing it. There are 3 perfectly good Lumias to buy 930/830/1020 and even the htc m8 is a bloody good phone.

Now please everyone shut up asking, just as bad as the Mrs going on all the time to fix the fence outside its boring. It will happen when it will happen!

No 930 here in US. M8's no Lumia. 830 seems to be on par with 920, so where's my incentive to 'upgrade' from my 920. I figure early spring ought to bring me a few options, but is really live to 'upgrade' in November.... I've decided to wait.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The whole point is here that there are at least 2 of these posts everyday that I see and its boring. There is no news and I'm sure as soon as anyone knows it will be on the news feed.

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
The point is simple. MS will lose customers who bought the 1020 and 1520 BC there are no new premium offerings. My Lumias on Family Plan will be replaced by something soon, and since there is nothing from MS, have to look elsewhere....more lost customers

Immortal Lobster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
The whole point is here that there are at least 2 of these posts everyday that I see and its boring. There is no news and I'm sure as soon as anyone knows it will be on the news feed.

We know MS reads wpcentral, and we know squeaky wheel gets the grease. We know they probably won't get a high end phone to many my November; but maybe they can dangle us a carrot via a leak our something.

aaron j

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I think ms buying Nokia and changing its structure has put a real spanner in the works for high end phone releases..
It's a shame because if ms only has budget phones wp will be known as a cheap lesser option than Samsung or apple, not true but it will look that way to Jo blo in the street.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
There won't be a new premium phone until Windows 10 is released. As the others have said they'll probably announce it during the BUILD conference in April (I think it's April?)

But that's not stopping other OEMs from making Windows Phones, yeah they're mostly low-budget but hey beats nothing right?

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
There won't be a new premium phone until Windows 10 is released. As the others have said they'll probably announce it during the BUILD conference in April (I think it's April?)

But that's not stopping other OEMs from making Windows Phones, yeah they're mostly low-budget but hey beats nothing right?
If this true, all my familys Lumias will be replaced with Notes, Nexus and iPhones. If MS is this stupid, the small base it has, will soon be smaller

aaron j

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
If this true, all my familys Lumias will be replaced with Notes, Nexus and iPhones. If MS is this stupid, the small base it has, will soon be smaller

What bothers me is that this is probably true.. W10 is close to a year away in reality before we have those devices in hand. Ms, if you are reading this that is simply too long if you want to gain ground not lose it..

Simple fact is alot of those cheap phone sales are brought on by people buying "the next best thing" to the flagship devices they see on tv..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo